Newer TDI

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Should start a new thread really, or read some of the previous ones about this.

In general, you'll find the '14 Jetta feels like a tin cup compared to your MK5. It feels lighter but not in a good way.

If you're wanting to upgrade to something newer, consider the '15s. Although they look mostly the same, it makes a difference overall. I would personally look for a '15 Golf. You'll be amazed at the ride quality and general overall feel of the car. They'll get better fuel economy than '10-'14s due to DEF, should have less miles and a longer warranty left.

I had a '14 for just over a year, put about 30k miles on it and generally was uncomfortable the whole time. Ditched it for something else with AWD instead. I'd strongly suggest you avoid anything older than '15. Maybe just keep your MK6 PD running well, it's a much nicer car to drive and be in.

FarmerboyTdi

TDI
2006 Jetta
Should start a new thread really, or read some of the previous ones about this.

In general, you'll find the '14 Jetta feels like a tin cup compared to your MK5. It feels lighter but not in a good way.

If you're wanting to upgrade to something newer, consider the '15s. Although they look mostly the same, it makes a difference overall. I would personally look for a '15 Golf. You'll be amazed at the ride quality and general overall feel of the car. They'll get better fuel economy than '10-'14s due to DEF, should have less miles and a longer warranty left.

I had a '14 for just over a year, put about 30k miles on it and generally was uncomfortable the whole time. Ditched it for something else with AWD instead. I'd strongly suggest you avoid anything older than '15. Maybe just keep your MK6 PD running well, it's a much nicer car to drive and be in.
Thanks for the reply. I’m not ditching the Mk5 just looking for another dsl. I understand what you say about the’15. That is the same conclusion I came to.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Fortunately, my 2002 Golf TDI w/ 220K+ is still going strong. It's tempting to replace it with an upgrade to a 2015 Golf TDI. One is for sale locally for about $14K w/ 70K miles. But then I question if it's even worth it.

Can someone talk me into getting a 2015?
$14k is way too much......

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Good evening. I haven’t been on here in a while but I’m still running my ‘06 Jetta TDI dsg at 221k mi. My question is, how are the “fixed” mk6’s doing. I’ve been looking at a ‘14 with only 21,000 mi. Is there particular things to look out for?
buy a gasser....seriously.

All of the emissions bullcrap put on any "newer" diesel is enough to run to a gasser.

The EPA has killed diesel vehicles.

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
My 2015 Passat TDI with the Malone tune works great. I haven’t noticed any difference since the “fix.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk