Newbie wanting wheels and tires

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic
@#$%^& Anybody got a spare volkswagen wheel lock key in West Central Indiana they want to sell or even rent out? These darn old wheels have the key locks and my bug didn't come with one!
I have a new set of tires and new-to-me wheels that I want to put on in the worst way and......

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
You kinda need the exact one for the locks you have son.... so how about posting a pic or something? Go to the dealer and get the part number you need so that if anyone attempts to help you they know the specifics.

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic
Thank-you Andy Mohr Volkswagen of Avon, In. They had one in stock and were open late enough for us to get it! Super nice guys.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
@BobM1,
Do yourself a favor and buy 4 lug bolts and throw those damn "security" bolts away.
Nothing but trouble, and don't worry, nobody wants your wheels, the tires mebbe.

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic
Geeminy crickets! I'm a BIG guy and even with a cheater bar, it took all my **** to break the first two loose! They popped like rifle shots when they came loose! THEN I hadda use a pretty big hammer to get them off the flange! Sure glad I'm doing this in a heated garage with an impact and the wife's help!
Good news, the one I have finished so far clears the brakes fine!

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic
@BobM1,
Do yourself a favor and buy 4 lug bolts and throw those damn "security" bolts away.
Nothing but trouble, and don't worry, nobody wants your wheels, the tires mebbe.
The tires are just Cooper's so they are probably safe too. And I agree about the locks. Once had a lock strand me beside the road. Not fun!

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic
You kinda need the exact one for the locks you have son.... so how about posting a pic or something? Go to the dealer and get the part number you need so that if anyone attempts to help you they know the specifics.
Being that I am new to having a new beetle, I was unaware that there were several different locks for my year. And your snarky reply wasn't the least bit helpful. Maybe next time spare the newbie the sarcastic reply and simply try to inform them instead of trying to show your superiority.
I DID receive helpful information from the parts guys at Andy Mohr Volkswagen in Avon, In. They even offered to trial fit their keys to my wheels Now THAT is helpful!

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
When you finish being a snowflake, read my reply again. I bet those who helped you, didn't do it blindly or with the only info being "I need a wheel lock tool".

Glad you found someone more helpful and less sarcastic

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic
When you finish being a snowflake, read my reply again. I bet those who helped you, didn't do it blindly or with the only info being "I need a wheel lock tool".

Actually I, of course, started by saying that "I need a wheel lock key for my '06 Beetle TDI." Then they explained that there was more than one, which I didn't know. They explained this without attempting to make themselves look all knowing and me an idiot. And they took their time and patience to help me get the correct one.
AND I do not feel that I am a "snowflake" for pointing out what appears to be your simple rudeness. Many of us on the internet are members of several forums. On some forums I have more knowledge than others. But I do not belittle anyone who simply seeks help and/or information. If I can add information then I do. But never at the expense of others. And I do not associate with those that do.
Please have a good day.

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
Yeah people use 400 foot pound impacts to put wheels on sometimes. Wheels and hardware always seem to be fine too when they do. Even though you are not really supposed to do it.

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic

Yeah, me too. I am interested in helping the newbies on any forum that I am on. Here, I AM the newby.