Newbie question

Txguy1979

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I bought a 2015 Passat TDI a month ago and I've read a few posts that I shouldn't use the orange rain-x washer fluid in it because it can cause problems with the sensor. Any suggestions on what is best to use? I apologize if this has been answered before but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Just the normal blue stuff you can get anywhere. I am sure VW will sell you some too. My dealer does free courtesy inspections and tops off the under hood fluids. Along with a free alignment check and Multi-Point Vehicle Inspections and battery check. Usually go in every three or four months for these. They are free and I have had good service from them as well.

Hewlett VW Pit Stop
Free!
We will top off under-hood fluids: - Washer fluid - Engine coolant - Up to 1 quart of engine oil.. - Visually inspect belts and hoses - Inflate your tires to the recommended pressure You don't even need to get out of your car!

Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection
Free estimate provided on needed Service & Parts.

Free!
INCLUDES: C.V. joint boots Exhaust system Fluid levels V-belts Exterior lights Ball joints and tie rods Tire wear and air pressure Cooling system and hoses.

Free Tire Alignment Inspection
Stay on track with our new state-of-the-art Hunter Alignment Quick-Check system.

Free!
We'll provide a color coded graphical printout showing your current alignment specifications and whether your alignment is within Volkswagen's factory specified tolerances. And we'll do this right on our service drive without having to schedule shop time so no appointment is necessary for the Quick-Check. Did we mention we provide this service free of charge? (Does not include alignment.)

Battery Test2
No Charge

Coupon Code: D_002
Expires
06-30-2021
We will: – Inspect and clean battery terminals and cables – Test battery, charging system, and starting system – Perform a dealer Multi-Point Inspection Excludes testing on High-Voltage Battery.

Don't forget to check your car over after every service (no matter who does it) to ensure everything looks right above and underneath (belly pan/screws).

Last edited:

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I would say to avoid the Rain-X stuff as well. It works nicely to shed rain, but it is really annoying when the dash warning goes of claiming you are out of washer fluid, only to pop the hood and see the tank is nearly full. I suspect it is the same chemical mechanism interfering with the fluid sensor as repels water off the windscreen glass.

Cheers,

PH