Newbie here!

MANTOOTH

TDI
Dieter - 2010 JSW
Hello All!
I just a few months ago took delivery of my 2010 JSW TDI (that I have affectionately named Dieter) and just now discovered this forum. I have been missing out!
This is my first TDI and my second VW. I had a 91 Jetta in high school but have been all over the map since. My partner and I actually went to the dealer to buy him a 2010 GTI and while there I fell in love with the JSW and decided to order one on the spot! So glad I did!
Here are the pictures: http://gallery.me.com/wesley.walton#100121
Have not had a chance to do many mods yet. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Welcome to Fred's little corner of the internet. As you can tell there is LOTS of information here. If you haven't already I suggest reading all of the stickies in the different forums (especially the ones about your new car) and learn to use the search function (there's a sticky about this too).

As for mods:

Many people here love aspherical (European style) side rear view mirrors, they totally eliminate blind spots - however they take a little while to get used to. Other popular mods are skid plates (highly recommended), body side moldings (to help prevent parking lot "dings"), lighting upgrades, short shifter (if you have a manual transmission), window tints, and more.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited:

Parva

TDI
Now have a '13 Beetle Turbo, had a '10 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Welcome fellow '10 JSW Tdi in Blue Graphite driver...
here's mine...

Still haven't broken 1000 miles; though might today :rolleyes:

Only things done [so far] are:
30% window tint all around
Extension cord for the iPhone interface (brings it out for easier dialing)
Stainless steel exhaust pipe tips

BTW, I see you have a Golf rear badge instead of a Jetta badge.
Was yours bought in BC?

Enjoy yer new car!

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Welcome! I completely understand your acquisition. My dad ordered a 2010 Golf TDI 2-door and I drove him to the dealership to pick it up. I spotted a JSW in the showroom and ordered mine while he was doing his paperwork. My first mod was pulling the snow screen out of the air box since that took about 5 minutes and a phillips head screw driver. Second mod was window tint. I'm not likely to encounter snow in Houston (it has happened once since I moved here) and tinted windows are pretty much a requirement.

I had planned a set of mods to built up the power some and get the engine to 'feel' the way I like it, but then I found this place and my performance tuning plans went out the window because there's a better way with modern diesels. I've got plenty of experience tweaking older tech conventional turbo diesels but common rail injection and variable vain turbos offer a whole new, and far better approach. :D

Anyway, welcome once again, sit back, read, learn, and most importantly, enjoy!

Last edited:

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Congrats and welcome. The site is amazing and everyone is ready to jump in and help.

Regarding mods, from a protection stand point I'd do the Clear Bra and window tint first. I also have the Blue Graphite and being a dark colour will show up chips on your hood and bumper.

The rest of mods are of personal perference. Here is a pic or two of mine with several mods. See my signature for the list.

MANTOOTH

TDI
Dieter - 2010 JSW
As far as the Golf badge it is an interesting story. I bought the car here in Seattle but when I took delivery the Jetta and TDI badges were warped like they had been overheated or melted. So the dealer said they would replace them and I asked for a Golf badge instead just to be unique. I also got the Golf monster mats to match!

Thank you all for the input!