Newbie 2011 Jetta TDI Questions

jag1046

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Couple of questions about my new TDI.. After a ton of research I decided on the 2011 Jetta TDI got it with the NAV package mainly because I wanted the FOG lights. I ordered it and it just came into the port in Houston so should have it in the next week. Gas mileage, safety and comfort where my main reasons. First things are Window tint, Clear Bra and Splash Guards(I live on the Bonneville Salt Flats)My only problem with the car is the wheels, the 16's just don't do it for me! I am not going for the TUNER car look but would like something that fills out the Wheel Wells a tad better and does not kill my Mileage. I know nothing about Offset, ET .... Think I would like a set of 18's Suggestions on What to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
John

11'jettaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG w/ Nav
Last edited:

jag1046

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Just got the news.. My jetta is at the Dealer. They are telling me that the Stainless Dead pedal is not available yet... But they have installed the brake and Accelerator pedals, Splash Guards, SS Jetta Door sills and Trunk lip... I'll post some pics tomorrow Morning..

jag1046

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the link I had seen it already this morning...

John

Yeah my car is exactly the same options and also is at the Port of Houston (30 minutes away) but I can't get it yet. It should have been here this weekend but will probably be the next one. I have a thread with a few photo-shoped 18's and 19's, the offset is +42-50mm for the new Jetta's. Some pics are 19's and the last picture are 18's.
Here's the thread...
http://http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5216534-Jetta-MkVI-SEDAN-19-quot-Wheel-Choices

marc77777

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf GTI black/black
Couple of questions about my new TDI.. After a ton of research I decided on the 2011 Jetta TDI got it with the NAV package mainly because I wanted the FOG lights. I ordered it and it just came into the port in Houston so should have it in the next week. Gas mileage, safety and comfort where my main reasons. First things are Window tint, Clear Bra and Splash Guards(I live on the Bonneville Salt Flats)My only problem with the car is the wheels, the 16's just don't do it for me! I am not going for the TUNER car look but would like something that fills out the Wheel Wells a tad better and does not kill my Mileage. I know nothing about Offset, ET .... Think I would like a set of 18's Suggestions on What to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
John
Being from Canada, our cars are equiped by default with what they consider the cold climate package, comes with block heater and fogs which is nice. I also had them tint the windows but they wanted a whopping $350 for the clear bra!! Needless to say still looking for someone else to do it for cheaper. I also would like to change the wheels, the 16's just don't do the car any justice, if you ever get your 18's be sure to post some pics.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
see that you pick up your car from the dealer without delay. Otherwise, it will be used by other for test drive.