New wheels & tires-Finally

OmahaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 NB TDI 5-speed
They are 2004 OEM R32 Aristos. 18x7.5 38mm et on 225/40-18 tires. Powdercoated gloss bloack with a coat of clear on top of that.

Got them on but ran into a problem up front. The tires were rubbing, hard, on my coilovers. So much in fact, it wouldn't roll after I got everything mounted!

I posted my situation on a FB group I belong to and my need last night for some 10mm's. A guy offered up his 7mm's to test for clearance - and they worked!! They are not hubcentric, but I put them on just to make sure the spacing would work, and it does.

I just got off the phone with ECS Tuning and they said they have hubcentric rings that will work with these spacers for around $10.00. They do have them and they're going to give me a call on Monday to verify what rings I'll need. I'll, more than likely, order 2 sets of longer ball-seat wheels bolts when they call too.

The guy that lent me the 7mm's has some H&R 8mm hubcentric spacers & longer bolts that he will sell me when he gets his 15mm spacers if I want those.

Here's a few pics.
Freshly painted calipers, rotor hubs & outer edges

With 7mm spacers up front:

Nothing out back:

Need more sun, but here's a few anyway:

Pretty happy that I got the spacing issue :)worked out

Last edited:

OmahaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 NB TDI 5-speed
Thanks.
Been looking for the perfect setup for my NB. Love that they're OEM VW wheels with a nasty, glossy twist ;)

Last edited: