New wheels for the TDI

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Hey guys, just wanted to share a few quick shots I took of the TDI with the new wheels. Car has to go down a little bit in the front and it'll be perfect (IMO).

Wheels are Raderwerks MTEN85's 18" x 8" ET 42 and BFG KDW 215-40-18 tires.

A proper photo shoot will follow when I have a bit more time.

Nick

fuzzybandito

TDI
2011 jsw 6mt
Looks great. Love the black rims on the grey. I don't know what you mean about going down in front, but the car looks fantastic

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
Looks like you still have your winter steelies on. IMHO
Ass monkey. Do you troll to be a d*ck? This car looks nice. Those are not steelies, unless you are blind, in which case that car is red.

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Car looks great, I love the grey/black stealth theme (kind of doing the same myself... kind of). Definitely doesn't look like winter steelies to me - provided you keep them shiny! I bet they kind of loose their luster when they get all dusty after rainstorms, etc.

Let me just point out though, that stating 1080p for static images doesn't make any sense at all. The p stand for progressive scan and refers to the dynamic video refresh. If your images indeed have a vertical resolution of 1080 pixels... then that's really not very high res. For example, 1080x1920 (common HD resolution) is only 2.1 megapixel. However - your pictures do look great.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
Ass monkey. Do you troll to be a d*ck? This car looks nice. Those are not steelies, unless you are blind, in which case that car is red.
LOL BUT WHY U FOAMIN BREH??

Just kidding.

It's true it's kind of hard to see the rims, though. The pics seem kind of underexposed, especially on my not so new CRT.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Car looks great, I love the grey/black stealth theme (kind of doing the same myself... kind of). Definitely doesn't look like winter steelies to me - provided you keep them shiny! I bet they kind of loose their luster when they get all dusty after rainstorms, etc.

Let me just point out though, that stating 1080p for static images doesn't make any sense at all. The p stand for progressive scan and refers to the dynamic video refresh. If your images indeed have a vertical resolution of 1080 pixels... then that's really not very high res. For example, 1080x1920 (common HD resolution) is only 2.1 megapixel. However - your pictures do look great.

Thanks! They do look slightly less apealing when dirty, thats for sure but the KDW's would never look like winter tires, lol.

And very true about the 1080P comment however 1080i/p does have a resolution of 1920px X 1080px (which is what my images are formatted at) and they were sized that way to fit properly on a 1080P monitor hence why I named them that way. Any higher and I'm just wasting your bandwidth. ;)

sydneycb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Easy "Big Man".......nobody said they were steelies. I said they look like steelies. And I also said it was my opinion, which everyone is entitled to...even people like you!

Whipple81

TDI
2010 Jetta
Easy "Big Man".......nobody said they were steelies. I said they look like steelies. And I also said it was my opinion, which everyone is entitled to...even people like you!
It's the risk you take with all black wheels.

I personally think the car looks great. If these look "small" for an 18" wheel, I think the large outer "rim" on the wheel gives it the appearance of being a smaller wheel.

I almost went with all black M310s, but decided on a more factory-aftermarket look with polished. The black looks more menacing, but has a tendency to blend into the car.

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
nice car! Too bad you have to run those ugly yellow plates on there! :)

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf- on the truck-2010 Jetta-Sold
that car might be the best looking Jetta I've ever seen. I think it would be perfect IF you got rid of the chrome window trim. Bugs me... it just doesnt flow..

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Thank you all very much for the compliments! On a side note, I just took it on it's first long road trip from upstate NY to Myrtle Beach, SC and got a best of 42.5mpg! Not bad :)

nice car! Too bad you have to run those ugly yellow plates on there! :)
Thank you! The new NY plate do suck but what can ya do? Haha. I'll live with them. I'd like to ditch the front plate but NY is pretty strict about the front plate law...too many tickets in my other cars.

that car might be the best looking Jetta I've ever seen. I think it would be perfect IF you got rid of the chrome window trim. Bugs me... it just doesnt flow..
Thanks! I really appreciate the compliments! The chrome would look good black but currently it also matches the chrome in the headlights and tail lights so it's not completely out of place.

car looks hot, do you have a lowering kit on the car?
Thank you! Yes, the car is lowered on Rokkor Coil-overs.

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I'd like to ditch the front plate but NY is pretty strict about the front plate law...too many tickets in my other cars.
You could try what I did. I bought a Deutschland europlate and had my CT plate numbers/letters put on it. I haven't had any cops bother me, including a CT trooper staring at it and putting the number in his computer to see if I was a crook. Came out clean on that too. My plate loosk very much like it's straight from Deutschland.

However, I kind of like the blue on gold NYS plates. It reminds me of growing up in western NY.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
I still got in trouble using a "euro" plate on my S4. I even had it matched to my NY plate characters...damn NYS! I don't mind the gold plates on this car either. There are certainly uglier state plates.

BoiseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Golf - SOLD
I agree wih this! You might try plastidip. Looks clean and classy though, which I love, not that bagged rice look that "most" of the vortex crowd seems to enjoy.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I was able to find VW center caps that, with minimal sanding, popped right into the wheels. ASAGT1 wheels from Tire Rack.