New Wett in Czech

PetrV

Just announcement:
I'm going to Wett my PD 99' silver Passat on March 21 in Koblenz. Hope then I will post the good experience only

Other mods already done:
BMP airfilter, Supersprint cat-back, B+G springs, Gabriel shocks.
Mods planned within' one month: Tarrox brake pads + discs. Calipers will be a bit later (it's not so cheap, you know
)

BTW I can prove the Wett discount for the TDIClub members is available in Europe also

Petr

S

SkyPup

Awesome, you will be at Wetterauer HQ in Koblenz? Be sure to get Frank Wetterauer's autograph for me and any other good information you can squeeze out of them!!!

And please post your impressions of the results too!

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Hey,
you haven´t posted for a long time !
How is that SuperSprint exhaust ?
Is it stainless steel ? Do you have a link to their site ?

Claus

PetrV

SkyPup:
OK, I'll try to reach Frank and will ask him for autograph for you. Do you want also the picture?

Claus:
Yes, it's stainless steel and I'm pretty satisfied with it. But as it's double piped the cleaning is a bit more difficult then the one pipe. Im using the brush for dish washing as for the rims.
Try http://www.supersprint.com/ it should run, but it's in italian only.

The Wett's discount is the same as in U.S., i.e. 50 bucks for TDI Club Forum members regardless on the TDI type

Of course I'll post my impressions, I plan also to make some pics for Passat section, but I'll wait for better weather

Petr

BTW Claus we can meet during my trip to Koblenz (I will go on March 21, 8 am. from Plzen via Waidhaus, Nurnberg, Wurzburg and Frankfurt, then from Koblenz to Munich and next day from Munich back to Plzen via Deggendorf) or on the way back.

PetrV

Hi all,

returned from Koblenz just now, after 14,5 hours driving time, more then 1400 km I'm feeling a bit tired....

But I'm Wetted now!

First impression: much better reaction on the throttle, more power, much better acceleration..... should I continue?

I will post some more infos after testing, I'm planning to go to the dyno too.

But now I'm going to sleep firs, it's almost 2 a.m. my time.

BTW SkyPup, I met Frank, have autograph for you from him and also took some pics, I'll post it later.

Petr

colucci

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1998 Green
Congradulations, Petr! I'm not positive, but I do believe you're the first person on this page to Wett a PD TDI. I can't wait to see the dyno - 143 HP!!!
With your SuperSprint and K&N, I bet you're closer to 150 HP! As Shaggy once said, "ZOINKS!"

D'nardo

------------------
98 Jetta TDI: mit Wett chip
Bleed, Shine Racing springs, Bilstein HDs, Hella dual rounds
Descreened, Naylor ramair, Quiafe TBD, 0.72 5th gear

S

SkyPup

Lord Have Mercy on my WETTED SOUL - I can't wait to hear the story of that Autobahn Stud and how you rein it in!
This must be a first class ride for sure. Would love to see the photos and hear the story of this technological tour-de-force TDI PD.
Plus, just knowing that Frank feels the force from all us North American wimps is great too, without him we'd be just chugging along!!!

Thanks Petrv, we will be waiting for the story here soon!!!

PetrV

Hi all,

today I've got my new TAR-OX G-88 brakes & pads http://www.tarox.com/products/brake%20disks/brake%20disks.htm and have cleaned my BMC, but unfortunately the weather going worse and worse so I can't do the tests I want to do.

The brakes are really cowl! I'll see how long will the pads survive

BTW TAR-OX manufacturing brakes and AP-Racing is selling them as their owns...

I'll post more info when the wheather will be a bit better at least, I promise.

Petr

[This message has been edited by PetrV (edited March 27, 2000).]

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
PetrV,

glad to see you survived the awful Italian ... hope your GF is allright, too.

You did drive carefully for the last 380km indeed - that shows in your time of 3:45 hours ... always taking care for your worn front brakes I see.

I am burning for the pictures !

Claus

P.S.: next time YOU choose the restaurant.

PetrV

Hi all,

finally I've found some time to place the pics here. I have really ancient digital camera, first one Olympus had made, so the quality of the pics is not excellent

But:

Please let me introduce Mr. Frank Wetterauer in his office!!!

almost the same, but taken with Frank much better camera

My car in front of Wetterauers

Front view

Rear view (mostly viewed... :B)

...and again

It was really sunny day!!!

Hope more infos I´ll post soon.

Oops! Almost forgot - hey, SkyPup, here´s Frank´s autograph for you!!! :B

Petr

[This message has been edited by PetrV (edited April 11, 2000).]

S

SkyPup

PETR -> YOU TOTALLY HAVE MADE MY DAY!!!

WAY TO GO!!! And that is one of the finest turbodiesel VW Passat's on the tarmac in Europe (if you have any over there, looks like mostly dirt in the pics.) Plus, glad to hear that the good man Wetterauer gave you a discount for being a devoted readers of Fred's TDI Page too! There is justice in this world after all!!!

AWESOME!!
WAY KEWL!!!

I've printed out a full page of this autograph on the inkjet to keep in my personal files at home. Thanks FRANK!

[This message has been edited by SkyPup (edited April 11, 2000).]

PetrV

Maybe one more note: I just realised I've seen on Frank's table some building plans - hope they will expand and serve us even better then now...

SkyPup, if you want, just mail me your snail mail and I'll send you the original for framing to be displayed in your Hall of Fame.

Petr

S

SkyPup

Thanks alot, my email is on its way.

My only other hero worship autograph is from Barry Higgins, of international European Motocross Racing fame, whose autograph I have back from the early 1970's. Barry has been an outstanding motorcycle racer my entire life and has sold me two of the finest dual sport race bikes in the world.

Here is me with two of my KTM racers:

www.ktmworld.com/thom1.htm

Here is me with my hero, Barry Higgins, if only I had his cool calm collected BALANCED intelluctual style of riding:

www.ktmworld.com/thom2.htm

Thanks! And nice photo of Herr Wetterauer. What speed of film did you have to use to catch him in one place at one time???? 1:10,000????

GO FRANK GO!!!!!

------------------
99 JETTA TDI HERR WETTERAUER TORQUEMEISTER
98 KAFER WETT SPEKTAKULARE TURBOKOMPRESSOR
2000 KTM 640 ADVENTURE RALLY SUPER THUMPER
97 KTM 620 ADVENTURE RALLY PARIS-DAKAR SUPER THUMPER
ICH LIEBE MEIN TECHORAD VW TDI'S MIT DIREKTEINSPRITZER TURBOKOMPRESSOR

PetrV

The envelope is on the way....

In two weeks I'll change the tires to summer ones (plus 50 mm spacers) and then I'll dyno her... hope I'll please you all.

BTW the Tar-Ox brakes are really kewl, the best ones I ever had. And the price is pretty reasonable - appx. USD 1000,- for all four discs + pads. Compare with AP-racing. Europeans, take your chance!

Next step: change the shocks to adjustable Bilsteins.

Petr

S

SkyPup

PetrV, Did you and Claus rendevous at the Wetterauer HQ? If so, could you two share any information you were able to learn after speaking with Herr Wetterauer about the TDI engine technology?

Your Pump Duse is really the max, what kind of mileage are you getting with it?

PetrV

We didn't met at Wetterauer's, but during my trip back. Unfortunately I had no time to talk with Frank about news because I came to Koblenz at 5pm., just "adjust" my car, shortly talked with Frank and left to home.

But in the meantime I have asked Frank about news, future plans for European and U.S. market etc. and when I'll get the answer I'll pass it to all

Petr

PetrV

as I'm not caring about consumption at all, I do not really "researching" this issue, but my average tank interval is about every 700km (appx. 50 liters) i.e. about 7l/100 km, what (using Fred's Conversion tool) gives me 33.6 mpg.

But once (unWetted!!!) I've tried to run whole tank "economically", and got about 4,9-5l/100km, so about 47-48 mpg - with european fuel and, maybe(I'm not sure, it was at fall '99) with Wynn's Cetane Improver.

Petr

[This message has been edited by PetrV (edited April 14, 2000).]

S

SkyPup

Petr, I received that autograph of the famous German tuner, Herr Wetterauer via snail mail. I just wanted to thank you and let you know that I appreciate that alot and will add it to my collection of VW TDI memorialia. Our Wettauer chips have made a big positive improvement in our enjoyment of our two TDI's and I am glad that I invested in some GERMAN tuning technology to upgrade our lowly US spec. TDI's!
Thanks again for all your help and good will!