New VW diesel engine

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
They not selling them today. They've stopped delivery on the A6 and A7 with the 271 hp diesel.

Jimmyyy

TDI
2018 Audi SQ7 TDI
Now either you are being sarcastic or are a bit clueless. Battery production cleaner?

Also I don't foresee in the reasonable future battery power being a viable option in colder climates or for rural people that need to travel long distances.
Of course

tico_tdi

TDI
golf gl 2003 silver (sold), 2013 Passat SE(buyback), 2015 Passat SE, Audi 2015 Q7 TDI (new addition) gray
This is just another B/S story. I saw a similar one a couple years ago written by Seth Borenstein where he stated that TDI's had killed over 5K people every year which is libel. Emissions on gas vehicles are plenty bad too and in most cases worse than diesel. Then there is the fact that multiple manufacturers were caught cheating over the years including Toyota, Honda, GM Ford etc. VW was crucified because it competed with the Prius.
I know this is a late reply, but I could not help commenting on another Seth borenstien’s “fabrication”. I wouldn’t/ you cannot believe anything he writes. I had an unfortunate experience many years ago in the late 80’s with a story he wrote on my work. He attended a high management level gov briefing of my work(at well respected gov exploration agency) & interviewed me afterwards. lets say he got everything wrong. My briefing was not a PhD level scientific presentation, but something I had given many times to the general public & school kids. I had well over 100 TV & newspaper interviews & he was the only one that really screwed it up.

vwishndaetr

TDI
98 Jetta
"Findings published in the respected scientific journal Nature earlier this year revealed that a minimum of 38,000 people around the world die early every year as a result of the failure of diesel vehicles to meet official emissions limits in real driving conditions."

Give me a break!
-Jason
I usually find that the more words that are used to describe a statistic the more meaningless it is. Especially when a completely arbitrary word like "early" is used to describe it.

Ironically, the other day I was listening to a podcast that said eating one hot dog takes 36 minutes off your life. So what is more significant in taking my life from me? Existence of diesels or hot dogs?

Only thing I know from all of this is that I am fu****.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
After 20+ years of owning VW diesels and eating hot dogs forever, I have to wonder how I made it out of my 40s.

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, '96 B4V,'99 2 door Golf
Tesla is plagued with production problems, the "list" looks to me to be a nifty way to raise a bunch of capital to slow down the company's money bleeding problems, and does not necessarily mean all those people are actually wanting to buy them. Right now, there are a BUNCH of brand new 3s on the auction lots that were purchased by speculators... these people have no interest in the cars beyond trying to make a buck. They did the same thing with a bunch of other cars, too (the New Beetle was one of them).

And now the Elon Musk zealots have raised a bunch of cash to buy His Highness a new couch for his long days at work. Seriously. :rolleyes: The guy just launched a car into space. The whole organization looks more and more like a ponzi scheme to me, and as someone else here said, he's one step away from a Bond villain.

I would have FAR more faith in a REAL car company designing, building, and selling an EV, but since there is not any strong urge to do so, they'll do it half hearted and/or right alongside the pump suckers that everyone else will actually buy.

Oh, and the "every man's Tesla", that was supposed to start at under $30k (already pretty pricey for me), quickly shot past that, and all the ones at auction are ones that sold new for nearly twice that. It will probably be another year before an entry level one is actually built and sold at an entry level price. But there are truckloads of them for sale all over for $55k+ that are barely used. So there is no need to "wait", you can have your choice of 100+ of them with less than 500 miles on them, LOL.
Apparently, $30 BILLION is earmarked for Musk, in the new Budget. You can't make this **** up...