New Valve Cover

kpayne111

TDI
2006 Jetta
Do they sell new complete valve covers for BRMs? Looked on idparts, boraparts. no luck, just gaskets and VC's for other engines. Need a new one as mine is letting oil into intake. Compression and turbo are all good so they are not causing oil consumption.

Bambaataa

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta BRM 6MT; '15 Golf Sportwagen TDI GSW
If you're still looking I have a New in box OEM unit.

I'm in Toronto, PM me for details.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I see that says its for the BRM and it looks like its for the BRM but i also noticed that the CCV setup on this VC is different than stock.

Ecs VC

Stock VC

Did VW reengineer this for a reason?

Last edited:

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Isn't the pic 'for reference only' and the 'actual product may differ'?
BTW, I can't see from the pic what is wrong with ECS cover. It seems to have vent hole at the driver's side/top corner

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
That arrow was already in picture. Not involved with this discusion. If ECS uses a picture that is different that would be good to know but why would they and what does that valve cover go to then? Ive never seen that style b4.

cactus13

TDI
2004 Beetle TDI
Can someone on this thread answer this question?
What is the function of the vacuum port on the BRM valve cover. On my 2006 Jetta I hooked up a vacuum hand pump and pumped to 16 lb vacuum. It just held vacuum until I released it. Shouldn't some air flow thru this port?
Thanks for any advice.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Can someone on this thread answer this question?
What is the function of the vacuum port on the BRM valve cover. On my 2006 Jetta I hooked up a vacuum hand pump and pumped to 16 lb vacuum. It just held vacuum until I released it. Shouldn't some air flow thru this port?
Thanks for any advice.
This is a new style/compact design vacuum reservoir.

A bit earlier PDs (and TDIs). used to have a round ball. VW called it a damper. It was a nonsense - a round thing attached to a random place and a vacuum tube routed to it. Now the reservoir is part of the valve cover. Smart and space saving design, besides it looks good.

cactus13

TDI
2004 Beetle TDI
Thanks Henrick, that would never cross my mind, even though my 04 Beetle TDI has the round ball and I vaguely wondered about it on 06. Never made the connection!
I'm going to start a new thread with another perplexing issue, hope to get another problem (or maybe not a problem) solved.
Cheers!

kpayne111

TDI
2006 Jetta
So did the new valve cover help with the oil control?
Nope, didn't change much since a few valve guides and seals were totally shot! Swapped cylinder heads with a known good used one and I'd use about 600ml in 10,000km, sold that car back in the spring anyways haha.