New used jetta wagon

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
Picked up this wagon a few weeks ago. Could probably have negotiated the price down a few hundred dollars, but I feel it would have been a crooked thing to do considering what the seller was asking.

Bought it from the original owner, who took great care of it; she even has bills for tire rotations! Shifting is butter smooth, no rattles, leaks or anything. Has a LUK clutch, otherwise completely stock. I'm rebuilding the suspension soon, so stay tuned!

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
Found it on kijiji. Drove two hours from Montreal to pick it up in Drummondville. If you use the app, the trick is to have searches such as "tdi 2003" or "tdi wagon" saved, so that you can easily see if there have been new postings. I used to check a few times daily, and still check out of habit now...

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
No it's stock. I just overhauled the suspension brakes and steering, threw some Bilstein B6s on it, so it's like new, except for the rear bushings which I'll do this summer.

I'm not planning any major mods, just some DLC520 nozzles and a tune. I thinking longevity with this car.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI

Drove across Canada and did another 10k km here in BC. This thing is a real road trip machine. With 600+lb cargo/passengers and ac almost always on, I can't seem to get less than 1100km per tank, no matter how it's driven (and I won't go into details about that :rolleyes:). Pic taken in Jasper.

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
I picked up my wagon in February of 2020 in a similar fashion. One owner, good records, relatively low mileage @ 130k, didn't even bother haggling.

How's your suspension project coming? I'm about to do mine.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
I picked up my wagon in February of 2020 in a similar fashion. One owner, good records, relatively low mileage @ 130k, didn't even bother haggling.

How's your suspension project coming? I'm about to do mine.
Just saw this... I overhauled the whole thing, including steering rack, subframe bushings etc. New everything. Put on some bilstein B6 with stock springs, which are amazing for comfort and the pothole ridden roads of Quebec, but feel like going stiffer for a little more responsive feel. I'm considering the VR6 beam as well.

Here's the subframe and control arms that I painted with POR 15.

Feels good going the whole suspension at once knowing I'll be problem free for a long time. 50k km on it so far.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
Stumbled upon a 4 spoke leather steering wheel for sale that I couldn't pass on. Installed it today. Planning on doing a wagon leather swap sometime; I think this is the only missing piece, as the donor car has a steering wheel with buttons that wouldn't be compatible with mine.