New Turbo Questions

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Casting defect from foundry.
Imo I would not install that based on the line of casting missing. If it was just grinding marks then that would be fine with me. But an area like that missing from a casting could be a week spot and an indication of a bad pour. Who knows what else is wrong internally.
I would have it swapped. Xman should be good with swapping this.

CTRunner

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 2.0tdi
I have contacted Xman, turns out they said the line is created on a casting form. So i guess we will see hahahaha

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Yes. Is it a void or just a excess of metal flashing? Hard to tell fro. Image

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I see casting flash and it looks like there is a void also, granted it is not a high pressure item, so it may be okay. Maybe it is a casting flaw, and no potential for premature damage. Xman says no potential for trouble, and won't swap it out, talk to your credit card people and find out what their opinion of the situation is.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Looks like dog S but since its raised out and not a void, it probably will be ok.
If it was me I would demand a refund or replacment and do a return. If refused, dispute on credit card. If it turns into a problem with the seller, go post on the vendor accountability page.
This is why I dont cheap out woth low tier vendors.
I would never let something like that pass QC let alone back a product that looks that bad.

CTRunner

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 2.0tdi
I am located in Australia. Honestly, I have talked to Xman about that and they say there's no problem with the turbo. Am not sure if their turbo have warranty on it. I have booked in for an installation and tune in a week or two.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
are you a satisfied customer? did you get what you paid for? To me, i would not agree with either.

Store Policy
Because We Care
At XmanTurbos, we want to give our customers the most enjoyable shopping experience, one that will keep them coming back to our store time and time again. That’s why we believe that our store policies should be fair, clear and transparent. Below you’ll find a list of all our policies. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for - please don’t hesitate to contact us today!

to me, transparency would be showing or informing that their might be casting defects and grinding marks on turbos. i would be confident that the turbo is probably fine. its ugly and would make me feel like i got a cheap POS that was pushed onto the customer vs actual caring about QC. For me this is another strike against them. they seem to not care, well the only times that issues comes up anyways lol

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Hi

Maybe you get the best of both worlds .. Presumably you paid a low price for the turbo And maybe it's just a Cosmetic blemish ....

So instead of just returning the part ( And if it's a casting issue there will be no other Turbo in that price range from that company in that same brand Without the blemish presumably) ask for a discount for that cosmetic blemish.

Therefore you'll still have a functional turbo that you bought for cheap and it gets even cheaper by getting a partial refund for the blemish , still have a functional turbo That you probably Will never look at it again since it's underneath the car once it's installed And you'll get to keep your car appointment and have a functional vehicle For even less price than before ..

Just a thought.

Hope it helps you

Andrew

Last edited: