New Transmission assy + Flywheel

Skateboard_B

TDI
MkVI Jetta
Hey y'all,

I'm new to the forum, but I came here because you all are the experts.

I found out from a dealer mechanic that the slave cylinder has leaked into the clutch assy, and that I need to replace it along with the flywheel and bearing.

I've found a mechanic who can do the job, so I'm looking to source the best possible replacement parts. I see that the OEM parts cost twice as much as comparable aftermarket kits — is that for good reason, or can I get away with a Sachs or LuK replacement?

Skateboard_B

TDI
MkVI Jetta
I should add that, at least for now, the car is only a daily driver. I may do some performance upgrades later on, but right now I'm just looking to do an inexpensive (but not "cheap") repair as much as possible given the parts involved

Radial GT

TDI
'13 Jetta TDI Premium DSG
In my MK4 I replaced the clutch with a LuK unit and it worked flawlessly. Certain components should be OEM, but a clutch or brakes, aftermarket has always proven just fine. I would replace the slave cylinder with OEM as that is an item I would not want to have fail....again.

Good luck!

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
So in order for any self proclaimed experts to provide useful info, you typically provide as much info as possible yourself.

service manual said:
1.2 Determining the Clutch Manufacturer
Either a “Sachs” or a “LuK” clutch may be installed.
It is possible to tell which clutch the vehicle has with the transmission
installed: