New to the club

jorpet

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta - 2015 Golf SW
Hi All,
After riding in a friend's TDI NB and reading up on this site and forum I finally went out and bought a new 2001 Jetta GL TDI, Black/Black. I really appreciate all of ther comments here about your experiences with your TDI's, you are a big reason why I now own one.

So far I have put 350 miles on the original tank of gas. I just passed the half tank mark so I will let you all know what I get for mileage in the next couple of months.

I do about a 50/50 mix of city and highway (of course the highway driving is often slower than the city driving here in Seattle).

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Congratulations on your wise purchase and welcome to the Forum!

After studying the FAQ, feel free to do a little research and clarify any questions you may have.

http://www.tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/

You'll find that most members really care about their vehicles, more so than the average car owner out there, who (on average) literally abuses their car or truck.

Stick around. We'd love to hear from you more often.

jorpet

Veteran Member
TDI
It is a Jetta. My wife and I had looked at the Beetle, but decided that the Jetta was more what we were looking for.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
As you probably already know, your mpg will not be at its best, initially.

But the Jetta has a very slippery shape. By 10k, you'll probably stay in the 50's.

Rough, ain't it? ;-)
Break it in nicely, then womp it with little concern for the mpg. Use the a/c!

hahahahhaahha. All this fun, and when did I fill it up last????

------------------
BeetleGo, "whoa!"

"You said this was a DIESEL?!"

Wolf

TDI
2000 Golf GL Blk/Blk
Congrats,

There are a lot of us TDIers here in Pugetopolis! If you continue to enjoy your car, perhaps we'll see you at the next PNW get-to-gether.

------------------
2000 Golf GL TDI Blk/Blk

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Congrats! I went out and drove the wife's A4 TDI Automatic all day and after 100 miles it's still on Full!!!!! I just hope she doesn't keep track of the odometer cause I would be BUSTED!!

LOL
DB

jorpet

Veteran Member
TDI
Heinz57,
I was going to go, but two things are in the way, I am counting salmon in Fauntleroy creek (yes really)
and then have to go to my son's school for fall clean-up
. I will keep an eye out for your next GTG and get to that.
I really want to see the mods people are talking about. It is a bit early to start on my car (warranty and all that
), but I will get there eventually.

PunchBug

TDI
Beetle, 2000, silver
jorpet,
Welcome aboard!
Let me be the first to warn you about the horrible shock that awaits you when for the first time you venture into the red zone at the bottom of your fuel guage and are scared to death by what sounds like a low oil warning or radar detector warning!
p.s. If you ever figure out how to disable the thing, let me know!