New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

TXTRegTDi

TDI
2009 Touareg TDi
What’s up y’all! New to the Touareg TDi forum. Got into a 2009 VW TReg Tdi due to a kid running a red light and totaling my 4Runner. My European buddy who only drives VW TDi’s talked me into buying this beast. This is a more powerful, more refined, and overall better vehicle than the 4Runner I had, but it seems to be harder to find general info and “dyi repair info”. Hoping this forum will help and hopefully I can contribute to the community in some way. Cheers! Aaron

rjonesy

TDI
'11 Treg LUX, '13 Jetta
Greetings!
Joined recently. Picked up a beauty of a '11 Tuareg TDI LUX Couple years back off the Fix. Last spring got a nice, fixed, '13 Jetta TDI to drive when my '86 P'Up Turbo Diesel was doing what 35 year old vehicles do. Yep we're a family of 3 diesels. Been learning a lot. Recently got my VCDS. Was wondering from some experienced vets around here: I've read a lot about HPFP failures. Based on CarFax the Treg was meticulously cared for by original owner so I suspect fluids ect. were properly maintained. The Jetta not real sure. I was thinking of possibly doing pre-emptive replacement of the pumps as the warrantee expires. Treg approaching 100k mi. and Jetta in mid 80's. Is this thinking right?

Thanks!
Bob

TDI
Looking for an education so I can buy smart.
Good evening all.

I drive 128 miles a day for work. I have a 2010 BMW x5d that tuned and deleted, making 27mpg now. That 27mpg in a 5500lbs AWD aint bad and the 600ftlbs to the tires is fun, but I need better economy. I'm here to read and learn about the TDI. My understanding so far is that the MK4 with he 5 speed and ALH is the magic combo. I'll be in the market in the next couple weeks. Until then I'll lurk on here and read.

Im in the Harrisburg PA area if anyone is close. Work in Annville, live in Shippensburg. I teach Aviation maintenance for the Army, wrenching is a hobby.

Cheers yall.

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Hello everyone.
I have been reading the forum for about a year now, but decided it's time to finally join. I have a 2011 Golf TDI two door with the 02Q. Bought the car a year ago at 47k miles as a buyback and I'm now just shy of 70k. Have been using it mainly to drive to college in California, keeping up on maintenance myself. Looking forward to learning a bit more about how to tackle bigger projects. Also, if anyone knows a good VW shop or guru in the Spokane WA area, that information would be much appreciated. Cheers

3VWdogs

TDI
2015 golf SEL 6spd man.
New to forum, have a 2015 Golf TDI SEL, 6sp manual. Been a great car to drive and fuel economy is still really good. We are hoping to keep this around for a long time as it's fast enough to be fun and makes a great commuter car.
The battery (original) just died and i replaced it.

When i connect the terminals, i get the normal 'clicking', however, the fan motor starts spinning and best i can tell, it would stay on if i let it.

I definitely do not recall the fan spinning after i powered the car off prior to it having a low battery and not wanting to start.

I cannot find a blown fuse. When i connect battery and get in car, touch start button, the engine does not start. Numerous indicator lights come on as well as the steering control warning (which i understand is normal). I tried to lock/unlock car with the FOB and that does not seem to do anything.

We have a 2017 Tiguan, which also had a battery replaced 6 months ago and was accompanied by a bunch of indicator lights and engine lights; i reset those codes and they never came on again.

I have seen reference to these symptoms elsewhere but have not seen a diagnosis.

Any help is appreciated or pointing in the right direction.

Bubblehead

TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
New to the arena. Arkansas.

I have a 2013 VW TDI Sportwagen. I will be snooping and reading this forum alot.

lildease23

TDI
Mk2 Jetta 1.9 TDI swap (B4/1Z/AHU?)
Hello everyone, I’m new to the whole diesel experience in general. I picked up a MK2 Jetta with (what appears to be after research a 1Z) Passat TDI engine. I see the little Garrett GT15 lived a rough life…it must go…so will be searching for good bolt on options using other vw style turbos and what manifolds to use, pressure turbos vs vacuum etc…I be looking around…already seen some great info but still scratching the itch for more lmao!

Terrance
I’ll get me a signature together soon!

Luism4Jetta

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon,TDI BEW engine
Hello yall. I just purchased an 04 Jetta Wagen TDI Stick. It has some codes showing up, something to do with intake flap? Cam sensor, and something to do with the turbo. I got a descent deal on the car but it needs rear shocks/springs, control arm bushings. The engine does not seam as peppy as I was expecting a Manual transmission to feel. I am brand new to Diesel and to the VW family.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Welcome! You may be getting codes because of a boost leak or failing turbo actuator, or a plugged EGR. All common on BEWs (your engine code). Any of these will make the car feel underpowered. You should get specific codes from a good reader and start evaluating what's up. Most of these cars require some catch-up maintenance when purchased, but once you have them together they're both reliable and durable.

TDI
ALH
Howdy!

New to the forum, wanting to get a TDI. Currently have a 7.3 IDI. Wanting to learn about the models of engines and reliability of them. Heard about the legendary ALH. Love diesels and simplicity to work on.

Thanks,
NHIE

The Extractor

TDI
2002 Golf auto
Hi all, recently bought my first VW a 2002 golf TDI auto. I really like it so far but I am having a few issues and need some guidance.
I am a decent mechanic, Ive owned several diesel pickups, into rockcrawling, fixed and sold lots of subarus etc.
I want to do an alh engine swap into a small pickup truck also.

marcz

TDI
2014 Jetta Wagon TDI
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a 2014 Jetta Wagon TDI with just over 110,000 miles on it. I do most of my own mechanical work. Also support a 2006 Mercedes E320 CDI. I have already ordered the parts for the timing belt change. There is also a roaring noise at 70 mph or above, suspecting the front hubs.

Otherwise a great car so far.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a 2014 Jetta Wagon TDI with just over 110,000 miles on it. I do most of my own mechanical work. Also support a 2006 Mercedes E320 CDI. I have already ordered the parts for the timing belt change. There is also a roaring noise at 70 mph or above, suspecting the front hubs.

Otherwise a great car so far.
Welcome to the club! You can post a thread in the tdi 101 section if you have a hard time finding the "roaring noise" and we'll try and help you get it sorted!

4th4

TDI
2005.1 Jetta Wagon BEW
Hello from the Pacific NorthWest!

I'm a gearhead, wrenchhead, tech-guy, DIY'er, you name it. I've worked on all my own stuff my whole life and looking forward to learning the ways of the TDI.

Anyway, a friend of mine sold sold me his TDI recently (I'm now the 3rd owner). Had to do a fly-n-drive across the state to get it but it was totally worth it! This car is an absolute dream to drive and I'm already in love with it.

First thing I did was buy a Ross-Tech VCDS scanner (10-vin) and minute it arrived I scanned the car with the Auto-Scan option.
Aside from the glow plug faults I was already aware of, it came up with a bunch of other faults; weird stuff like steering wheel control voltages, air bag supply voltage, door latch intermittent faults, to name a few.

I don't want to go through all of it in this message but would it be appropriate to post the scan in its entirety (in a separate thread of course) and have you all help me determine the importance of the faults?

I'm weird when it comes to check engine lights so the first thing I'd like to do is resolve the GP issues (which i've already got a good understanding of), then move on to understanding the other faults.

Thank You and here's a preview of the new ride.

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I don't want to go through all of it in this message but would it be appropriate to post the scan in its entirety (in a separate thread of course) and have you all help me determine the importance of the faults?
I like seeing individual controllers "busted out" with all the freeze frame data when attempting to provide input on a code......
I'm not a huge fan of scrolling through all controllers and 19 different codes when trying to diagnose or suggest something that may only apply to the Engine or Transmission controller and its codes..... something like this:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels:. 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
Part No SW: 5K0 937 084 A HW: 5K0 937 084 A
Component: BCM PQ35 B 008 6019
Revision: BG008001
Coding: 6D200B3F902F3EE4000000054000004401000086500085605C8020000000
Shop #: WSC 24148 002 104857
VCID: B0653B11E3B5540623-80E4

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 1K1 955 119 F Labels: 1KX-955-119.CLB
Component: Wischer 08120 21 0512
Coding: 009795

1 Fault Found:
01504 - Bulb for License-Plate Light (X)
010 - Open or Short to Plus
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 21
Reset counter: 44
Mileage: 272709 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.04.07
Time: 00:59:01

Freeze Frame:
Term 15 On
Voltage: 11.45 V
ON
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF

reince

TDI
2006 Beetle
Hello from the Pacific NorthWest!

I'm a gearhead, wrenchhead, tech-guy, DIY'er, you name it. I've worked on all my own stuff my whole life and looking forward to learning the ways of the TDI.

Anyway, a friend of mine sold sold me his TDI recently (I'm now the 3rd owner). Had to do a fly-n-drive across the state to get it but it was totally worth it! This car is an absolute dream to drive and I'm already in love with it.

First thing I did was buy a Ross-Tech VCDS scanner (10-vin) and minute it arrived I scanned the car with the Auto-Scan option.
Aside from the glow plug faults I was already aware of, it came up with a bunch of other faults; weird stuff like steering wheel control voltages, air bag supply voltage, door latch intermittent faults, to name a few.

I'm weird when it comes to check engine lights so the first thing I'd like to do is resolve the GP issues (which i've already got a good understanding of), then move on to understanding the other faults.

Thank You and here's a preview of the new ride.

Neat ride! Welcome

NickGrow

TDI
1975 Toyota Chinook
Hello all,

I've been lurking around these parts for the last several months, but only just now made an account. I have a 1975 Toyota Chinook that I plan to TDI swap this spring/summer. Looking forward to the journey and sharing some information here.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Hello all,

I've been lurking around these parts for the last several months, but only just now made an account. I have a 1975 Toyota Chinook that I plan to TDI swap this spring/summer. Looking forward to the journey and sharing some information here.
Welcome! When you decide to do so be sure to start a thread so we can keep up and follow along with what your doing! I always like learning how people do their swaps

JimTom

TDI
Just wanted to say hi 👋
I've lurked and used this forum for great info in the past. Now that my car is busted hopefully I can use this forum to get the tdi back on the road someday

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Just wanted to say hi 👋
I've lurked and used this forum for great info in the past. Now that my car is busted hopefully I can use this forum to get the tdi back on the road someday
Welcome aboard! don't forget to post in the MK5 section if you get stuck...

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Just wanted to say hi 👋
Ted work there's a guy on here that does head work.

cyclerx

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
Hello

Just bought a 2015 Jetta TDI and drove it all the way across the province to get home. Bought it as a fuel saving measure and a car to enjoy long term so I'll be lurking lots and posting questions as I navigate the dieselgate warranties. The car has had first "fix" but not second, going to look into how much warranty is left on it and how available parts are when I decide to do the second warranty fix. Will also be considering tunes and deletes down the road if it seems warranted or smart!

So far I love the car. Held the road really well with great steering and comfort... AND I was getting ~4.3L/100km (50+ mpg) the whole way (according to trip computer, but I drove over 1000km on one tank so either way it's pretty good)!

Any quick tips on first things I should look into maintenance/prevention wise? I bought from a non VW dealer and the car has 100k KM on it (62000 miles). I'm sure it's never had a timing belt done and unsure about DSG maintenance. Seems to be in great shape and doesn't look like it was driven hard but want to be ahead of any expensive problems.

Look forward to posting with you all

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Welcome! You're OK on the belt for a while, interval is 120K miles. DSG service is every 40K miles, so if it hasn't been done you're overdue. 60K miles is a major service interval so you might want to do that if it hasn't been done.

Enjoy the car!