New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige

Mcbee104

TDI
2014 Passat tdi
Hello to everyone. New guy to the forum. Not new to the car. Lol. 99.5 Jetta ALH 280K. I’ve had it since 90K. I can’t get enough of it. Lol. Was poking around the Internet looking for an intercooler pipe upgrade and decided this looks like a decent place for me.
Welcom fella I’m new to the tdi club and the vw fam. I found this site becuse I was looking for reasons my 2014 Passat tdi would throw a rod through the block in rapped acceleration? And ideas of why this would happen from any1 and how to prevent it the the vehicle only had 60k miles on it

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Wanted to reach out, I’m not brand new but be gone a while. Looking to hook up with all my TDI friends from around Columbia SC/Chaplin, and there about. Going to Columbia in the a.m. to look at a 2012 Passat TDI 2.0

dunean

TDI
Wagon
I'm sometimes in the SF bay area and some times in the high desert at altitude, occasionally, I buy a car that's not a diesel but who cares about me, it's my cars you want to know about right?

My most recent car, new to me, is my second Passat, a 2004 TDI wagon with ~ 250K miles has been loved since new. The second owner bought it at less than 4K miles had used it mostly for very long commutes with every service done ahead of or on time. Timing belt was done less than 10K miles ago. I haven't seen mention of the balance shaft delete being done. I'm not familiar enough with these engine's sounds to really know the difference so I'll comb the receipts more carefully before embarking on the project.

The first B 5.5 Passat wagon I bought, and still have is a 2003 gasser, "bought it to learn on". Living dangerously, I bought it in limp mode, stuck in third gear from parents with a new born baby who were terrified of the car. After I looked at the car they called me back and cut their asking in half so for $500 I had a 140K mile 1.8 turbo wagon. Using VAGCOM Lite I reset the CEL after I did a transmission service, for what was probably by the look of it, the original fluid. It had been ~ 2.5 quarts to 3 qts, low on transmission fluid. I included a quart of TransX fluid which immediately slowed down the seeping of a transmission fluid leak. After 10K miles, I drained it again and again added more TransX fluid which this time stopped the leak entirely. I've now driven it another 30K miles and have had no further problems but I'll change the fluid again before too long.

There is also my much loved 1985 BMW 524TD I resurrected it from a front end crash. (OK, I was driving it in heavy SF traffic even if I wasn't at fault). A friend, who is a far better welder than I helped and did such a good job welding on the new front end that even some people who worked at body shops had trouble finding where the repair was.

Least I forget there's also a 1987 Mercedes 300TD wagon, the time MB got it right, well right, except for the engine head, modle # 14, where for decades after as they continued to failed and MB, not being a company to give up kept improving the head design. There were at least 5 or maybe 6 improved versions. The last was either a model # 21 or #22 which among the enthusiast's community is claimed not to fail. I pulled a factory new model, one design short of the newest, from a Mercedes in a Pick-n-Pull yard that was ~4K short of one million miles on the car. The car had been obviously been adored but it looked that it had been badly vandalized, the body beaten with some object with blunt force and then spray painted with what must have been multiple cans of epoxy paint. The last new stock of heads for this engine the dealers sold were ~ $3K each which was not too many years ago. I know of no other company to keep trying and fixing a design failure for more than 20 years after they stopped selling that model engine to finally again "get it right" .

I do have some more gas engine cars but since they're not Turbo Diesels, why would bring them up in this post :cool:
@

TDI
1993 Golf Mark III Turbo-Diesel
I just became a member yesterday.

I first posted under the TDI101 forum, and was redirected to post here. I apologize for missing this forum. The following is what I wrote...

"I am a micro-manufacturer of an extreme quality serviceable engine thermostat assembly for the V.M. Motori R425 and R428 engines; most commonly found in the KJ Jeep Liberty/Cherokee vehicles in markets around the world.

My product is called the Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 engine thermostat assembly. The Model 001 optimizes engine operating temperatures for maximum fuel economy, power production and long engine life. I have a 100% customer satisfaction rate.

I am looking to repeat the success of my product with other diesel engines, starting with the V.M. Motori RA428 engine found in several types of vehicles, but most commonly in the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon pickup trucks here in North America. I am wondering if VW TDI vehicles have a thermostat assembly as well: essentially, it would be enclosed in a cheap cast aluminum housing.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer; AKA TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK"

I have since determined, for the time being at least, that my services are not required for VW TDI engines. That is O.K. with me; my wife has a 93 VW Golf Turbo-Diesel that will require advice from fellow owners on this forum. I look forward to communicating with members in the future.

taquero

TDI
2004 Jetta
Hello everyone, fairly new to this forum. I have been lurking and reading about these cars for some time. I have been driving my son's 2003 Jetta for awhile and fell in love with the mileage. I recently bought my own, a 2004 Jetta. I got it pretty cheap. It had oil in the expansion tank and in my research it seems that the oil cooler is the most likely culprit. Not in my case. I replaced the oil cooler and I still have oil in the expansion tank after flushing the cooling system. I did a compression check and the compression was 450, 425, 430, and 420 which is within specs. I do not have water in the engine. The engine does start and run. It is starting to have a "miss" now or rough idle. I'm thinking a head gasket. Would anyone care to chime in? Thanks

frodob

TDI
2007 Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
Hi everyone. I'm from South Africa, and new to this forum. I currently drive a 2007 VW Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline with 254,000 km on the clock.

TCrain1130

TDI
2003 Jetta auto 2002 Jetta 5speed
Hi, looking for TDI help around Kansas City,Mo.
I have a 2003 Jetta auto and 2002 Jetta manual. Both were neglected and I’m starting to catch up on maintenance. Would be nice to talk shop with someone local. Tcrain1130@hotmail.com Thanks

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hi, looking for TDI help around Kansas City,Mo.
I have a 2003 Jetta auto and 2002 Jetta manual. Both were neglected and I’m starting to catch up on maintenance. Would be nice to talk shop with someone local. Tcrain1130@hotmail.com Thanks
I'm about two hours east of kansas city at a diesel shop (Garber Diesel Service in Versailles Missouri)

Nontoxic

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon TDI Highline (JSW)
Hello everyone from Niagara Falls Canada... (very close to there).
I'm fairly new to VW's, I've had a 2013 Golf wagon (JSW) DSG for 2 years now. Been here reading allot about tunes and mods, I'm intrigued to try but the extended warranty has me holding back so far. Next week I'm adding a hitch then looking to get VCDS.
Love the smell of diesel.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hello everyone from Niagara Falls Canada... (very close to there).
I'm fairly new to VW's, I've had a 2013 Golf wagon (JSW) DSG for 2 years now. Been here reading allot about tunes and mods, I'm intrigued to try but the extended warranty has me holding back so far. Next week I'm adding a hitch then looking to get VCDS.
Love the smell of diesel.
I was in that area, just on the USA side last week. Sadly couldn't cross the border due to you know what...

Redacted_TDI

TDI
2002 VW Golf TDI
Hello from Spokane, WA!

Lots of good info on here!! I bought a 2002 VW Golf last year and I'm really liking it so far. The engine already has 248K on it but from what I read on here, it seems like that little ALH has a long life ahead of it. The car definitely needs some TLC. I changed the air filter and cabin air filter, did a LM diesel flush and engine purge as well as an oil change (went with Rotella T6 oil and Mann Filter.) It will probably need a timing belt soon and definitely an alignment. I'm pretty new to forums in general so I'll do my best to not post a lot of searchable things. I found a local Craigslist post that caught my eye. Basically a .020 over bored ALH that a guy never got around to finishing. I hope to gain some incite from this forum before diving to deep into a possible engine swap. Here's that post:

dizelhere

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5sp / 7.3PS 6sp / 6.2Detroit 4sp
Hello everyone!

New register to this forum from Simi Valley, CA. I've been reading posts here for a while.
Have diesel trucks and petrol cars. Cannot resist any longer to dilute the pool with a good 4cyl diesel. Decision has been made!

Have a great day!

chrisgt

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
New to the TDI world. I picked up a 98 jetta with a few mods.
P150 intake, EGR delete, DLC1019 nozzles and an RC3 tune. Really fun little car with ABSOLUTELY NO RUST. Not even in the spare tire well or the radiator support.
Sorry I suck at taking pictures:

YanCT

TDI
1.6 TDI - 207hp - 420nm
Hi everyone,

Feeling happy to have found this forum !

I'm from Reunion Island in Indian Island (French Department) and new to this forum.

I currently drive a 2014 VW Golf MK7 1.6 TDI modded to 207hp with 166 000 kms.

Happy to read you.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Welcome! There used to be a pretty active speed shop on Reunion that bought turbos and other stuff from us. Not lately, but we always were amused by wonder where you could go fast on that island.

wojciechh_

TDI
ALH
Hello, id like to say Welcome to everybody. Ive just become a member. I may see there is a lot of activity here even about quite an old engines as my ALH. Im glad to be here. Best regards!

chrisgt

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Hello, id like to say Welcome to everybody. Ive just become a member. I may see there is a lot of activity here even about quite an old engines as my ALH. Im glad to be here. Best regards!
Don't make my AHU feel old like that :)

acgarr

TDI
MK6 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Hi everyone, I’m glad to have found this thread. I’m from Florida, USA and drive a 2012 VW Jetta Sportswagen TDI. I’m very inexperienced when it comes to TDI and cars but I really want to learn so I look forward to this.

toeonly

TDI
2005 Golf tdi
Hello everyone, I have been lurking for a few years now and finally joined. I have 2005 BEW Golf TDI. I love it. I am in the Seattle Area.

Mojo69

TDI
PASSAT B5 ATJ , GOLF MK4 3 DOOR GT TDI (ASZ) & GOLF MK4 ESTATE (ATD)
Hello Fellow TDI nutz😁
I'm from UK in the M3Junc3 area (UK residents will know)
Had GTI's for the last 33 years & now TDI's
Very able mechanic on VW GTI's especially MK1 & Caddy but newish to TDI
Got 3 TDI's @the mo

+1 unmentionable piece of 4 letter word junk (💯%💩) made by the world's worst penny pinching manuFacturer & assembled by the laziest bunch Of factoRy neanDerthals 🤪 Dead & unfixable (for nice💰) due to cheap skate soldering

Quietly

TDI
2007 mk5 2.0L
Hey all from Sydney Australia.
I have a 2007 golf tdi bkd engine . One just before the dpf junk came into play .
Car has egr delete darkside down pipe stage one tube . That's about it for engine work so far as been fixing stuff one it .

Quietly

TDI
2007 mk5 2.0L
Hey all from Sydney Australia.
I have a 2007 golf tdi bkd engine . One just before the dpf junk came into play .
Car has egr delete darkside down pipe stage one tube . That's about it for engine work so far as been fixing stuff one it .

Black00Jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Black 5spd
Hello everyone, fairly new to this forum. I have been lurking and reading about these cars for some time. I have been driving my son's 2003 Jetta for awhile and fell in love with the mileage. I recently bought my own, a 2004 Jetta. I got it pretty cheap. It had oil in the expansion tank and in my research it seems that the oil cooler is the most likely culprit. Not in my case. I replaced the oil cooler and I still have oil in the expansion tank after flushing the cooling system. I did a compression check and the compression was 450, 425, 430, and 420 which is within specs. I do not have water in the engine. The engine does start and run. It is starting to have a "miss" now or rough idle. I'm thinking a head gasket. Would anyone care to chime in? Thanks
you will get a better response posting this in the 101 section as a separate topic.

ZoeTdiLove

TDI
2003 jetta 1.9L tdi
Hi everyone im new and i have a problem with my baby :( i own a 2003 jetta 1.9L tdi with 491 000km tuned stage 4 ,clutch stage 4,big injectors ,head gasket water pump, timing belt done about 15 000km ago ... i absolutely love my car❤ it over eated a gew time this winter and i had to change the coolant bowl because the plastic on the sensor inside had broken off in a bunch of pices changed the thermostat rad fans... it is still doing it every time im rough on it usually it doesn’t take long and its back to normal unfortunately now with summer pretty much here i want to fix that problem not sure what it could be... a pice of plastic stuck in a line and it blocks the hose so no collant can go trough? Im not puffing white smoke dont have oil in my Preston or vice versa... some one got an idea please help me!!!! 🥺

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Hi everyone im new and i have a problem with my baby :( i own a 2003 jetta 1.9L tdi with 491 000km tuned stage 4 ,clutch stage 4,big injectors ,head gasket water pump, timing belt done about 15 000km ago ... i absolutely love my car❤ it over eated a gew time this winter and i had to change the coolant bowl because the plastic on the sensor inside had broken off in a bunch of pices changed the thermostat rad fans... it is still doing it every time im rough on it usually it doesn’t take long and its back to normal unfortunately now with summer pretty much here i want to fix that problem not sure what it could be... a pice of plastic stuck in a line and it blocks the hose so no collant can go trough? Im not puffing white smoke dont have oil in my Preston or vice versa... some one got an idea please help me!!!! 🥺
Welcome aboard. This thread is mostly for introductions. You'll usually get better responses by posting in the right forum (MkIV). Hopefully by Prestone you mean VW G12 coolant or equivalent.