New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome! Pictures must be hosted by a service such as imgur and others. We also have our own photo server here as well. You must post the pictures up to our server or another and then post the image link to it in the thread you want it in. It should then show up inline with your post. Be advised it is good to reduce the size of the pics to 800x600 or post a link to a thumbnail that is clickable for a larger pic if needed/wanted. If pics are too big they will blow the margins out on the page and make reading difficult as you now have to scroll the page back and forth for every line. Thanks for your consideration!

modestfanatic

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI ~ 1994 Ranger XLT 4X4 ALH Swap
Hey everyone. I just finally decided to join the party after many of my Google searches brought me here anyways. I never was much a fan of VW vehicles until I finally bought one and started working on it. Over the last year I undertook the ol' ALH Ranger swap and in doing so fell in love. So much so, that when my last car was taken off life support it was replaced with a TDI. Once I become familiar with how to properly use this forum you can look forward to a poorly worded tutorial on how I managed to put an ALH engine to a 94 Ranger thanks to all the info I found I this site. It's not the cleanest build so squeamish engineery types be warned. But hey 35mpg little 4x4 pickup ain't bad.

GregSimon

TDI
2.0 105 kW DSG DQ250
Hello,
I am Greg.
I have Passat B7 2.0 TDI with DSG DQ250 gearbox.
An engine works fine, my current mileage is near 97000 miles.
How long is real lifespan of this engine? And this gearbox? Anybody knows?

jenkdoggy

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Hi Neighbors!

I finally got my first VW TDI on 6/26/20 after a long search! It's a 2015 Golf Sportwagen with 29,000 miles! Looking forward to many years. Our family also includes a 2000 Beetle, 2006 Mini Cooper S JCW and 2013 Mini Countrymall All4. Currently building a Pikey 600 cold air intake for the Sportwagen. Simply waiting for an intake box to arrive so I won't drill out the original!

Pancake Slap

TDI
2005 5spd Jetta Wagon TDI
Hello everyone! I decided to get myself a TDI after a buddy of mine showed off his. I hunted down a 230,000 mile 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI with a 5 speed manual. After using Dang144's post to diagnose and repair my ac system, I knew this was a forum I didn't want to lurk on. I look look forward to doing much more to my dad wagon and posting my progress!

helicopter2020

TDI
1997 1.9tdi
1997 seat Alhambra 1.9 tdi hiccup around 1900 rpm .

low km 190,000 starts and runs great .no fault codes . relay 109 replaced still has occasional hiccup misfire around 1900 rpm . Low throttle opening the hiccup is barely noticeable. on power, the hiccup is quite pronounced . swapping out the relay 109 . the hiccup is still there . new parts air filter , fuel filter lift injector replaced with new one and other three injectors serviced , relay 109 . MAF sensor , 12 volt battery cambelt and waterpump..Apart from the occasional hiccup the motor starts runs economically and faultlessly. all injector connection rubber braid covered tubing replaced .

Monjundi

TDI
2014 Passat SE
Noob

Hello. My name is John and I live in Santa Ana, CA. I recently started a new job in Palm Springs, so my husbaand (also Jon) and I have become the new owners of an Opera Red 2014 Passat SE TDi for the daily commute (and to keep the miles off our other VWs - a 6spd 2017 GTI and leased 2018 Tiguan). I know next to nothing about diesels - they get great gas mileage and run forever if you take care of them.

I had about an hour drive home from the dealer and while I find the engine plenty responsive, I find the car's ride rather soft/floaty. Bordering on mushy. Is there anything to be done about this? Am I just spoiled by being used to driving a GTI and now my expectations are reset? I don't feel this way when I go from the GTI to the Tiguan. I'm thinking I should get front and rear anti-sway bars to remedy this. I'm not interested in lowering my car, and want to keep a stock look. Any suggestions?

helicopter2020

TDI
1997 1.9tdi
1997 seat Alhambra 1.9 tdi hiccup around 1900 rpm .

Hi Jon . your passat should not be floaty .. maybe the shocks are on their last legs . how many miles has the car done .?
My Alhambra was rock solid suspension . it turned out to be almost seized up shock absorbers . with new shocks it drives and rides like new . stay healthy and drive safe . Richard in Alvito Portugal 75 years old EX 1980 Donnington Gt champion .

whitmatt

TDI
2013 Golf TDI
New VW Owner!

Good Morning!
I recently purchased a 2013 TDI GOLF and am wondering how to change the shift boot cover and shift knob. Can any shift knob replace the original one that came with it? like, a screw on? just curious. I know nothing about accessorizing vehicles. Appreciate any and all help! thank you!

Wildebeast

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6sp Man
Hi everyone;

I am a newbie to this. Just bought a 2013 Jetta SWag TDI w/sunroof. Its a great car and the best thing is that I am getting 45ish mpg with regular commuting via freeway.
Thus far, love this car.

Wildebeast

Willy56

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon TDI
New here but not to VW

Hello,
I am new on this site but have owned various VW vehicles over the past 20 years.
I am here as I now own a 2013 Golf wagon TDI that was a buyback unit.
I bought it a year ago and it is my second VW diesel as my 1st was a 2006 Golf.
This one is much faster.
Willy

shortime

TDI
2014 golf sportswagon
new here also,bought my first vw wagon 73 wagon and it was a horror story swore off of vw,the fuel injection would fill the crankcase full of fuel eventually and it had a gas heater in the front with the motor in rear and the heater blew up caught fire and i pushed the whole car into the lake hahhahaha,that was the end of my vw days till yesterday when this deal came up on a 2014 golf sportwagon tdi because of someone loosing there job due to covid,hopefully its not another piece of crap.i am mechanically inclined but never worked on a tdi and i tend to keep a vehicle for many years long as it treats me with respect or it goes in the lake hahaha.
i dont know how well this thing has been taken care of but the oil does look black,very black so thats the first thing,seems to run great no idiot lights on so here i am on this forun to get as much info i can to make this thing last as long as posiible as i kinda like the car and the fuel economy should be good.
so im reading on oil changes so just curious what type of motor does the 2014 tdi have 2.0 ltr as you have different specs for oils on years

pdnation

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus
Hello!

My name is Paul. I have been lurking on this forum for a while gathering information while shopping for my first TDI. Finally picked up a 2014 Q5 TDI last week. It has 69,000 miles on it. It is a pleasure to drive, and I am looking forward to a long and happy partnership with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keysd402

TDI
2005 Passat tdi
I'm new here I bought a 2000 Jetta TDI about a month ago for college, for my diesel tech class as a project. I liked it so much I bought a 2005 Passat tdi. Im now trying to figure out if the Passat has had the bsm update to gear driven instead of chain. could I drop the oil pan to figure this out? or can you tell by sound. Here's a video of it idling https://youtu.be/QFVYw-PurZk any help us appreciated

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

cApTgOoFy

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportswagen
Just bought a 2014 Jetta TDI Sportswagen On 7/29/2020 and we are on our first trip with it. Roughly a little over 2200 mile road trip from NJ to RI to OH to KY to TN then finally back to NJ. Big loop. Hopefully first of many road trips as it has been fun driving this car and I can’t complain about having mpg’s in the 40’s.

Howdy

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S Manual
Sweet sweet ride.

Howdy, just picked up a 2015 Golf TDI S (manual) with 42000 miles!
My first ever car was a 2000 Jetta TDI that I got rid of some time back, nice to be back in a fine piece of german engineering.
I'll add a pic once I read up on how to do that properly :)

fubar237

TDI
2013 Passat
B7 2013 Passat mystery oil loss ???

hey to you all, everyone
I had some questions about CCV mods for the B7 NMS 2.0, are there any posts on this forum for this yet? I am experiencing oil loss that I believe is linked to crankcase ventilation. I checked for leaks in the engine bay and there is zero sign of oil leaks. I gotta be burning the oil. I lose about two quarts per 500 miles or so.
To further complicate the diagnoses, I have no tail pipe smoke! any helpful thoughts, or links to discussions would be greatly appreciated..

JerKir

TDI
2013 Golf Wagen
Hi everyone! I just bought a Silver 2013 Golf Sportwagen, TDI highline on Monday. Today I had new tires installed with an alignment. On Monday I take it in for the mandatory provincial safety test. I bought the car from a private seller in an as-is state with confidence it would need new tires and nothing else. I will find out how I did on that on Monday! How many other Canadian and Ontario owners are there here?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Hi everyone! I just bought a Silver 2013 Golf Sportwagen, TDI highline on Monday. Today I had new tires installed with an alignment. On Monday I take it in for the mandatory provincial safety test. I bought the car from a private seller in an as-is state with confidence it would need new tires and nothing else. I will find out how I did on that on Monday! How many other Canadian and Ontario owners are there here?
Welcome to the forums.
Never assume anything other than it needs everything.
That being said, fluids and filters (all of them) would be a great place to start. And at this age, you might want to have one of our trusted mechanics take a 1.2.3 look over it.
Sounds like a nice ride though.

Sting

Not "new"... returning to the diesel fold

Hei everyone,

I hung around here way back when I had a diesel (97 AAZ), but haven't owned a diesel in about 15 years.

I was given a 2003 Jetta Wagon ALH by my best friend when he got another car - my last daily was a BMW 325 E30, but I really want to retire her from the daily grind and do some restorative work on it.

My new-to-me TDI has been around the block, with about 524K km on it, but it's overall in good shape. I just ran through my first full tank of fuel... still running at 4.7L/100 km! Have some minor things to do get it proper order.

Any suggestions for this older lady? She's been run on Rotella T6 for a long time, and has had regular servicing, intake was cleaned at some point (can't remember the mileage my buddy told me right now). Drives good, seems to have the power it needs. Still getting used to an electronic throttle - been so used to manual ones from my old diesels and my E30. Any way to improve the throttle response on the ALH?

Happy to be back in the diesel fold!

CallMeColt

TDI
2012 Passat SE
Howdy,

Purchased a 2012 Passat SE TDI this past weekend as a daily driver so my Ford F-250 could get a rest. Quarter million miles on it. The savings in diesel alone will pay for the TDI.

This is my first VW. Much different than the 6.7 Powerstroke I'm used to working on.

I plan to add a backup camera & dashcame DVR right away.

Want to learn about VCDS. If used something similar with my Ford vehicles, ForScan. Seems like it will give me access to a few hidden features that I'd like to enable.

Once my TDI warrentey is up, I will tune/delete. It was the best thing I ever did with my truck & I'd assume the same goes for the VW.

Averaged 48 mpg today going into work. Very happy!

Looking forward to learning a bunch on the forum.

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Want to learn about VCDS. If used something similar with my Ford vehicles, ForScan. Seems like it will give me access to a few hidden features that I'd like to enable.

Once my TDI warrentey is up, I will tune/delete. It was the best thing I ever did with my truck & I'd assume the same goes for the VW.

Averaged 48 mpg today going into work. Very happy!
If you only want it to enable hidden features, OBDEleven is a good bit cheaper and I'd say it's probably a bit more user friendly. VCDS has better logging and diagnostic abilities (allegedly, I have VCDS, haven't used OBD11).

And there's, imo, a little bit of a debate on whether or not holding out for the warranty is a good thing or not - I suppose it depends on how much of it you have left. Some people have already ran into needing a new DPF/EGR (mine did after 15 months) and the wait time right now is quite long. The tune was one of the best things that I did to mine, tbh (I didn't delete, just tuned).

Daves TDI

TDI
1998 Jetta
New from West Virginia.

Hello my name is Dave I am new to the TDIs . I just bought a 1998 Jetta with 134k on it, Very well maintained with paper work to prove it. I got it for $450 bucks because owner thought it needed another Turbo even though he replaced it with a new one at 94 k.

Last edited:

BlueAutoGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
I'm not new... just back after a very long time, so here is a reintroduction.
Purchased a 2014 Beetle with 14K miles, Sound / Roof / Nav last November.
I travelled to Vorderman in Ft Wayne to get it.
The certified 2 year / unlimited miles warranty is excellent - a lot of work done so far.

From 98 to 03 I owned some TDI's starting with a 98 Jetta.

Last edited:

Chaosfarm

TDI
1996 Passat b4 tdi 5 sp, 2001 Mk4 Jetta tdi
Greetings and salutations

Hi everyone, I finally had to join after many years of reading this forum. I own 3 TDIs and a 2001 Audi TT that I keep trying to resist the urge to swap to a 1.9 TDI, but if I find the right donor.....

My latest purchase was the 96 Passat b4 sedan that is currently giving me fits after I got a bad tank of gas. Had to clean out the tank (probably needed it anyway), new filter, check valve, fuel sender unit, some of the fuel lines, and ran a can of diesel purge thru it. Primed it and it still wont start (ran great on the diesel purge though...). I think the fuel filter thermal tee is bad and I am tempted to remove it and use a fuel filter with no thermal tee. Anybody still use one of these B4s as your daily driver?

five6four

TDI
2011 JSW
Hey everyone, just picked up a 2011 JSW DSG a couple weeks ago. 55K miles, it was one of the buyback cars. First diesel car I’ve owned, and first VW in about 8 years. Had a Subaru Outback the last 6 years, til the CVT started to go.

Currently located in the Philly area

This was the day after I got it, hopefully a sign of good luck with this

Last edited: