New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
.........................snip..................... and will it fix the CEL?.......................snip......................
Hard to say, maybe check in the model specific forum for people what own one.
Personally, I'd love to have an unmodified Dieselgate car, should run better, get better mileage, though it will produce a bit more pollution. Issue would be inspections, dealer service, it may even be illegal.

Dixon

TDI
2002 manual Jetta TDI
Hey!

New to VW in general. Just bought a 2002 Jetta TDI and the guy said to look up this website. I don't know a lot about them so any info is much appreciated!
Edit: After reading some of the other threads, I have more to add lol. My name is Emily and I'm from Oregon. My Jetta is a manual and the odometer says it has 177,000 but apparently it's wrong and is around 300,000. Any tips on how to take care of it and what to add/delete would be great!

Last edited:

MY19Extreme

TDI
Amarok V6 (Stage 2)
Hi. New to TDIClub, had various diesel Skodas/VWs in the past.
Current daily: MY19 Amarok V6 TDI (Stage 2)
Edit: There doesn't seem to be a page for Amaroks on here so I thought this is the best place to put my first post.

Last edited:

GvilleDave

TDI
13 Passat SE
First time VW and first time TDI owner

Just purchased a 2013 Passat SE tdi. I bought CPO with 42k miles. Clean and complete service records incl brakes and DSG trans service done by dealer at time of purchase. The car is like new in appearance, drives great and I hope to get many years and miles out of this ride. On my other vehicles I’ve handled much of my own service but being new to the tdi world I may be looking for a good local shop. Thanks in advance for help and assistance along the way...

Cliffy_7

TDI
Jetta IV
Hi everyone, Cliffy from South Africa here. I hope everyone's keeping well given the circumstances. Owner of a 2001 Mk4 Jetta Tdi. Need to learn quite a bit, as this is my first diesel VW.

Bigjigs

TDI
2004 jetta wagon
Hello, i bought a 04 Jetta wagon a few years ago and am now in need on some help fixing it. Thanks for having me!

Screamingdeal

TDI
1980 Rabbit td, 2014 Golf Sportwagen tdi, 01 golf tdi
Hello!

Hello all,

Guess ill introduce myself before I start cruising the forums and asking too many questions.

Oregon resident, 35
1980 1.6 TD swapped Rabbit
2014 TDI Golf Sportwagen
1968 Bug

My parents owned VWs, Ive owned a lot of em. Made the mistake and bought a subie because of AWD and it turned out to be a basket case, so thats going out the door and the Rabbit is going to get the daily driver treatment. Im here for knowledge, im a electronics repair guy and know some about diesels from Military schools. Any recommended readings besides the repair manuals for my vehicles? I am currently having a crank, no start issue with the rabbit and the bug is in the middle of restore. Hope to meet some more oregon VW owners.

Hobbies are playing music, fishing, hunting, repairing electronics, family, hiking, and dinking with the cars.

Nice to meet yall

Shawn

Update: Sold the Subaru! Now time to shop for a 1.9 for the rabbit.

Last edited:

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
Hello all,

Guess ill introduce myself before I start cruising the forums and asking too many questions.

Oregon resident, 35
1980 1.6 TD swapped Rabbit
2014 TDI Golf Sportwagen
1968 Bug

My parents owned VWs, Ive owned a lot of em. Made the mistake and bought a subie because of AWD and it turned out to be a basket case, so thats going out the door and the Rabbit is going to get the daily driver treatment. Im here for knowledge, im a electronics repair guy and know some about diesels from Military schools. Any recommended readings besides the repair manuals for my vehicles? I am currently having a crank, no start issue with the rabbit and the bug is in the middle of restore. Hope to meet some more oregon VW owners.

Hobbies are playing music, fishing, hunting, repairing electronics, family, hiking, and dinking with the cars.

Nice to meet yall

Shawn

Update: Sold the Subaru! Now time to shop for a 1.9 for the rabbit.
Old style IDI engines suffer from low compression after a time if the non-synthetic incorrect oil was used for very long or air filter replacements are put off too long. In dirty sand filled areas I have seen rings chewed up in short order in all sorts of diesel engines when air filter services are skipped. I seen rabbit diesels completely destroyed in less than 50k miles in the high plains dust from failure to change & or clean filter & housing on a regular basis ...

Stopx

TDI
A3 Cbbb
Hi E veryone ! I am new her . I am very glad that I found this forum- it's like oasis:) in desert.
I have 2.0 tdi and apart from bad luck with bosh cp4 bomb I absolutely love it..
Hope to be helpful 1 day now I am green as grass. I hope if I overcome my HPFP I can get deeper into exploring ways to get it more "my " car than just factory one.
Thanks Conrad

bthood

TDI
2004 1.9
Hello From Mobile Alabama!

Hello Everyone!
My name is Brian and I am new to this form and VW's. I have a basic question, I'm going to try to put an 2004 Jetta 1.9 TDI onto a Ford Ranger that had a 3.0 manual transmission. I plan on buying an adaptor plate to mate these two together. Im was wondering if someone has tried an automatic behind one of these conversions? I have a fully rebuilt 3.0 Ford transmission that came out of a wrecked truck that I got for almost nothing. I know that there are standalone TCM's for popular GM and other mass produced transmissions but is there standalone TCM for these less popular transmission? Would there be a way to use the stock Ford TCM with the modified VW engine as a standalone? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Brian

mattbevans

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE, 2015 Audi Q7 Premium Plus
Hey Everyone!

My name is Matt and while I am not new to VW, I am a new owner of a 2013 Passat TDI SE. Loving it so far and hope to keep it around for a long time.

Amzx08

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
Oh where to start. :)

My name is Christine and I'm in north county San Diego. Lately, I've spent waaaay too much time reading these forums - learning and daydreaming - instead of working! We've got two 2015 Golf SEL TDIs, one regular and a Sportwagen. Rock solid cars, if not just a hair on the small side as we continue to grow the little family.

I explored the Touareg forum for a bit, getting my feelers out on whether or not to make the leap and "trade up" one of our Golfs. It sounds like a fantastic next step, so I took one for a spin. Enjoyed the heck out of it and almost pulled the trigger. Slept on it because you're supposed to, then chickened out after looking through the countless posts about the level of bravery and wrenching aptitude one should have to really commit to ownership, haha.

I appreciate all the info and opportunity to learn! Here's to hoping I get many more smiles and miles out of these TDIs. :)

PeterJ64

TDI
2014 SEL Premium
Former Mulitiple A4 owner who recently Purchased a 2014 Passat TDI

I am also newbie 55 y/o Sales guy at a Mazda/VW dealership. I find searching the boards not really user friendly & when you do find information, the information seems out of date & I do come from Technology Sales. I am looking for 2020 information about the Best Headlight plug and play or complete replacement solution for my 2014 Passat TDI. Please don't beat an old horse, I tried to get info here before posting.

AtomicDiver

TDI
2014 Golf MK VI & 2015 Golf MK VII
New Digital Dash & P0381 Glow Plug Circuit Error

Hi Guys!
I’m new to the forum and I am hoping this is a good place to start. I just installed a new digital cockpit in my 2015 Golf SE TDI and everything went very smoothly considering the project. The only problem I have is a recurring P0381 glow plug circuit error code, I keep clearing it and it keeps coming back. I’m in the US and I made sure to get the specific digital dash to Golf TDIs, part 5G1-920-791-B. I never once had this error code with the old analog dash.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks in advance
Tom

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
I am also newbie 55 y/o Sales guy at a Mazda/VW dealership. I find searching the boards not really user friendly & when you do find information, the information seems out of date & I do come from Technology Sales. I am looking for 2020 information about the Best Headlight plug and play or complete replacement solution for my 2014 Passat TDI. Please don't beat an old horse, I tried to get info here before posting.
Probably just the factory lights. Typically, I'd say to find factory ecodes.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Passat_B7--TDI/Lighting/Headlights/

Dand25

TDI
Passat 2.0 tdi bkp
hi there

i´m daniel from Portugal and i have a passat variant 2.0 tdi highline with the bkp motor.

Before i had a passat variant 1.9 tdi ajm 115cvs.

i have a few faults but i gonna ask in the correct forum place.

Dadpixel

TDI
2013 Jetta 6spd
hi o/

Just bought my first Diesel and first VW maybe a month or two ago but joined the forum to be able to DIY any repairs that may come my way

Last edited:

ahauge6

TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Hi everyone,

Just want to start by saying this is such a cool forum. I’ve only had my 2013 Passat SEL Premium for two weeks and know so much about my "new" car based off of what I’ve read here.

My family had a TDI Golf that I really enjoyed driving for a few months so when my SAAB bit the dust last month a TDI VW made my shortlist for replacements. My decision was easy when I saw how many great deals there are on TDIs in the DC/Northern Virginia area.

FezonatorMKV

TDI
TDi catback compatible with Gli mk5/mk5

I bought an aftermarket exhaust for my 06’ TDi but I’m also fixing up my first 06’ Gli. I like the exhaust, 3” straight pipe. I’d like to buy the same one for my Gli, since it has been reliable and was affordable. I’m searching the web for info, schematics, what not.. sorry if this is a dumb question. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Causilgey

TDI
Passat 1.9 Tdi
2003 Passat 1.9Tdi possible turbo issue

Hi, i'm new to this and am in need of some experienced knowledge.
My Passat started going into the classic limp mode and the local VW dealer told me it was the EGR valve and a leaking tandem pump. I changed these to find the issue still existed so I renewed all the vacuum pipes and replaced the N75 and cleaned the MAF sensor, still no power and going limp so bit the bullet and changed the turbo to no avail. I eventually discovered that the catalytic converter had spun sideways constricting the exhaust, so I cut it out and replaced the original turbo. Eurika, it went like a rocket but now when it warms up a little I get a blast of white smoke when I pull away from stationary and once the temperature gets to 90 it stops smoking but looses power and goes into limp again and the temperature drops by 10 degrees. I am really confused now and the temperature takes a long time to get to normal.
Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks

YourFavoriteBurnout

TDI
2013 Golf TDI
Hi guys! Brand new to bolth Diesels & Volkswagens. My ****box Honda finally bit the dust, and after test driving 30+ different cars, this one stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Just got my 2013 Golf TDI two days ago, and I've been lurking throughout this forum, and its a wealth of information! So, I just wanted to make a post saying hi, and that this forum is awesome! Hope to enjoy this TDI for many years to come.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome to tdiclub! Best advice is to read, read read! Lots of already learned things here fill your head. Enjoy your Golf. Keep it serviced properly and it should last a long, long time.

gmoney32

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
New TDI owner here!

Good morning everyone! So glad I found this forum and wanted to say hello.
Recently purchased a 2010 Jetta TDi w/a 6-speed manual. LOVE this car! Wanted to put a picture up but don't see that I can add it to the post. Anyway, looking forward to learning all about it here. Thanks!
Gary