New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Rod Wallace

TDI
2001 Golf
I am currently in the process of doing the automatic to 5 sp manual swap. I ordered a transmission from an on line parts dealer. It did not come with the left mount that bolts to the transmission itself which in turn bolts to the motor mount. i have been searching and to no avail. Cannot find that particular piece on the internet anywhere. Does anyone know the Part number for this or where I might be able to locate one?
RodWallace
2001 Golf TDI

croppz

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 DSG Jetta TDI
Hey guys. New to VWs and Diesels and just picked up my 2013 Jetta TDI with DSG yesterday. Loving it so far. Way better than the domestics I'm used to.

Any major issues with the 2013s I need to be on the lookout for?

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
Welcome all. croppz, that is a very loaded question, haha... research hpfp and intercool winter cold weather issues...edit: dsg service too...

then to make you feel better search 2micron pure flow, contain flow, and cp3 hpfp...

I am currently in the process of doing the automatic to 5 sp manual swap. I ordered a transmission from an on line parts dealer. It did not come with the left mount that bolts to the transmission itself which in turn bolts to the motor mount. i have been searching and to no avail. Cannot find that particular piece on the internet anywhere. Does anyone know the Part number for this or where I might be able to locate one?
RodWallace
2001 Golf TDI
I can't help other than say start a new thread and maybe someone will see it... good luck!

croppz

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 DSG Jetta TDI
Welcome all. croppz, that is a very loaded question, haha... research hpfp and intercool winter cold weather issues...edit: dsg service too...

then to make you feel better search 2micron pure flow, contain flow, and cp3 hpfp...

Looks like I'll start using an additive to keep the risk of blowing an HFPF low. Fortunately where I'm at in NC it doesn't get ridiculously cold, but I'll keep an eye out for the icing.

DSG service seems like any other trans service, did my Jeeps auto trans every 40k too.

Thanks for the info.

JC73

TDI
2015 Sportwagen MT
Hello folks

New owner of 2015 sportwagen TDI manual this is my first diesel. I planed on buying one in 2013 but had not yet "matured" enough and pick the GTI -DSG over the TDI- DSG .
Less than two years later I came back for the wagon and its comfort and space and well you all are obviously aware of the rest.

The GTI was a blast, and descent fuel economy even pulling a dirtbike on a small trailer. It was the stiff ride that became less enjoyable not to mention the 3100 rpm it turned at 80mph made me think it was not the car I would drive for the next 10-15 years.

Anyway thanks to you that contribute the knowledge found in this fourm.

JC73

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
Hello folks

The GTI was a blast, and descent fuel economy even pulling a dirtbike on a small trailer. It was the stiff ride that became less enjoyable not to mention the 3100 rpm it turned at 80mph made me think it was not the car I would drive for the next 10-15 years.

JC73
welcome to the club! Now you can pull 4 dirt bikes on a bigger trailer at 2500 rpms at 80 while getting 30+ mpg :) :)

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
disclaimer: tow anything at your own risk :)

Lorack

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagon

First diesel that I've owned but it's my sixth Volkswagon I've owned in 23 years of driving.
Looking forward to exploring the site

Almost forgot
2015 Golf sports wagon

Last edited:

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
Looks like I'll start using an additive to keep the risk of blowing an HFPF low. Fortunately where I'm at in NC it doesn't get ridiculously cold, but I'll keep an eye out for the icing.

DSG service seems like any other trans service, did my Jeeps auto trans every 40k too.

Thanks for the info.
It's fluctuations right around freezing, especially in humid climates like ours, that cause the most issues... it's not just freezing, but condensation that builds up and remains liquid in the intercooler charge tube, and can then get sucked into the engine and hydrolock it! I have a electric drain on my car that I don't really need anymore since I got the EGR removed (see my signature)... You aren't too far away; if I decide to sell it I can try to remember you if you are interested... I would prefer to swap the whole charge tube out as minor trimming was required for install. Good luck!

BATDAX

Buttbadger
TDI
2006 VW jetta
Hi! I've been a bit of a lurker and a chat monkey

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI that came to me ~3-4 years ago. It works for what I need it to do. Hoping to be less of a hopeless loser in this car thing. But who knows.
Anyway, I'm a Marylander, it's a crap state but maybe I'll find some neat people. Who knows.

Anyway, hi.

Tadpad

TDI
2015 Jetta S TDI 6 speed manual
Newbie Intro and question

I have a new 2015 Jetta S TDI with a 6-speed manual trans. I LOVE IT !!! Engine torque is amazing.
I need a source for a block heater I can have the dealer install. I can not figure how to use search function .. am an old guy.

OL' SARGE

TDI
2002 new beetle
Newbie with a question

Just bought a 2002 new beetle. Needs a lot work inside and out, but the engine is not bad for 135,000 miles. Oil looks like it should be used to pave roads with so I'm starting there with oil, filters, etc. My question is not about the drive train (yet), but so I can drive it for testing. Here in Illinois we have 2 license plates, but there is no front bracket- just a 2" unexplained hole in passenger side fender. The "grill" is trashed but the parts page doesn't look like it would belong there. Sure could use some ideas. I'm retired now so have plenty of time,but my computer literacy is about grade school level and this my first chat experience. Patience pls.

mkane

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW SEL 6spd
New GSW TDI owner here. Bought the car on the 18th. Fit's our driving habits to a T. 212 miles so far. It will take a few more to get to know each other. Nice site you have here, thanks for having me.

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
New GSW TDI owner here. Bought the car on the 18th. Fit's our driving habits to a T. 212 miles so far. It will take a few more to get to know each other. Nice site you have here, thanks for having me.
Welcome aboard and enjoy it! You'll love the car as many of us do!

Drunken_Unicorn

TDI
'05 Jetta Wagon
I picked my 2005 Jetta up almost a week ago. I'm happy I got it!

I was tooling around on this forum and I noticed that a bunch of the links at the first of this page are broken, or lead to pages where the pictures inside of the thread are broken. If this is a good place to bring it up, I'll go back and point out which ones were giving me trouble.

vmb

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
hello o/
i got a 2009 jetta TDI earlier this year(its a pretty sweet car, despite the EGR valve issue i had, and now an intermittent CEL), and have been following the site/searching it pretty much ever since then. mostly, it was to look up issues and similar experiences that i have had. figured it was time to go ahead and join the community. looking forward to getting to know you guys

lon_jexcen

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen 6SPD
Hello everyone!
I have a 2014 JSW 6spd manual. Black with cornsilk interior. Panoramic sunroof. I bought it a little over a year ago and have loved it. Ive taken her to alabama, washington dc, and all over VA. About two months ago I installed Eibach pro springs. Im getting a malone stage 2 tune at H2O. This is an awesome site and I look forward to learning a bunch!
Jon

BMG

TDI
Passat 2013
New to TDI forum and to TDI.

I bought my 1st VW and 1st diesel in 2013, a passat TDI. I love it, in my old GM Grand Prix Gt (which loved to run on the highway). I would be lucky if I fellow over 700 kms per tank. Once I broke in the engine in my TDI, I'm getting around 1,200 kms per tank. I think I'm the 1st person in my family to buy outside of GM.

I don't know much about about care taking for a TDI diesel but eager to learn about the traps to avoid.

A couple of the guys at my work kind of fround at the idea that I hadn't joined this forum, didn't know about how special the DSG transmission is, and I didn't have my own personal mechanic yet. I am looking so if anyone knows of a TDI mechanic in the Durham Region, Ontario Canada, let me know (brentg@naseco.ca).
I heard rumours of a fuy in Myrtle Ontario but haven't had the chance to look him up yet.
I haven't done any mods yet, but I want to look into it, any recommendations?

marcoleite

TDI
Audi A4 1.9 TDI 130bhp 2003
Hi Guys,

In here since a week. Got my first TDI 1month+ ago. Loving it so far.
I am new to the TDI community so just go easy on me if I make questions around that might sound stupid, just trying to learn.

Excited to get my hands dirty on my baby :D

I got an Audi A4 1.9TDI 130bhp 2003, more details of it:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=448044

No mods done so far, but have a little list of to do on it as described on the link above.

Let me know what are you thoughts.

Glad to join you ;)

Ray9734

TDI
None yet
Hey all, I don't own a tdi yet. But am thinking about becoming an owner, since my Subie died. Hopefully I can find one I can afford soon. I'm just wondering how many miles will a TDI go with decent matenence? I've heard 300,000 to 500,000. That's great for the drivetrains, but how well does the rest of the car hold up? I've heard horror stories about German cars, don't know if their true. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks and hi!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Hey all, I don't own a tdi yet. But am thinking about becoming an owner, since my Subie died. Hopefully I can find one I can afford soon. I'm just wondering how many miles will a TDI go with decent matenence? I've heard 300,000 to 500,000. That's great for the drivetrains, but how well does the rest of the car hold up? I've heard horror stories about German cars, don't know if their true. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks and hi!
That's bout right, body and chassis may not hold up that long depending on environmental conditions.

davidkl

TDI
2010 Golf TDi
converting Golf TDi to run on biodiesel of natural gas

Hi - I'm not a newbie to TDIClub, but have been a pretty inactive member, until now. My 2010 Golf TDi now has 85k miles on it. I love the car - the performance, the mileage, the low emissions ... and now comes the bombshell about the VW emissions fraud. I'm very interested in converting my car to run on biodiesel, but am not sure how to start or who to talk to. Can someone give suggestions? Thanks a lot,
Noxie (short for nitrous oxide)

BiH-TDI

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE/Sunroof
Bought a Passat 2015 TDI SE and nothing but loving the performance, comfort, economy, etc. these cars are a joy to ride and I can see why they have a lot of fans out there. Just hope it stays that way and we continue to enjoy these great cars for many many years.

D.Eightch

TDI
11 Jetta Wagen TDi
Picked up my auto 2011 TDI Sportwagen on wednesday amd so far am really liking it.

My wife has had her manual 02 TDI for around 9 to 10 years and it's really treated us well. Could use some TLC as of late though.

TDI
2013 A3 diesel tdi
2013 Audi A3 TDI

I own a 2013 Audi 3 Diesel hatchback . I am concerned that if I replace the exhaust flap that my fuel mileage will be greatly compromised. Also that the resale value will be greatly diminished.
Has anyone replaced the exhaust flap and what is your mileage now moving forward.
Are we going to have to hire lawyers to go after Audi ?
These are my concerns and any help or information is greatly appreciated
Lori

makattack

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI/S/Manual
First time VW driver. I'm leasing a 2015 VW SW/TDI/S/Manual. Leasing because I am using this vehicle mostly for weekend distance trips, not a daily commuter. The VW leasing options back in Aug were very attractive and competitive with renting a vehicle for weekend trips. I was seriously considering not owning a vehicle, having insurance, etc to save on costs. Living and working in a city, I can commute via public transport or just walk/bike for work or errands. The occasional car need could have been met with Zipcar.

The convenience of having a leased car at the ready with good range and cargo space was what attracted me.

Another reason for leasing was the hope that in the next few years, a AWD/4MOTION version of the TDI could be squeezed in there with the SCR/AdBlue system, *and* an independent rear suspension.

Me thinks that might not be so possible at this point.