New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Mooblaah

TDI
2011 Golf
TDI Initiate

I just joined this forum, having just bought my first VW, first TDI, a 2011 Golf. Man, is it hard to find a 2011 before they're snatched up---I bought it through Autotrader the same day it appeared, not having test driven or inspected it. Crazy, but I was determined after another deal fell through the same day, as someone beat me to the punch (no buggy---sorry). Fortunately, for me, the owner kept it in pristine condition, and only serviced it at a dealer through 43 500 kilometres (27 000 miles). Trouble is, I can't drive it at the moment because I had arthroscopic knee surgery last Wednesday---it's the left knee, and I can't manage the clutch so well---though I couldn't resist the temptation to take it for a spin two days ago; exhilarating drive, and it was worth the increased knee pain I'm feeling two days later.

Anyway,thanks for running this forum, and providing valuable information for newbies like me. I am looking forward to much fun driving, great fuel efficiency, and zen and the art of TDI maintenance.

Todd_y

TDI
2012 Golf Highline mt
Not used to driving anything with the torque kick from 1400 rpm right through 3500! I'm addicted already. It's like driving a big-block v8. (new-to-me 2012 Golf highline after the first week) :)

Fminaud

TDI
None

Hi, I'm Frank. Looking at,TDIs, and this forum has been great so far! For some,reason I want a Golf,TDI...will be asking questions in various aspects of the car...Thanks!

levin91e

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Automatica
Hi all new here, from Lindenhurst, NY I have been looking at getting a tdi for over 5 years, I could never find a rust free and untampered golf or jetta for a good price though. Finally got one at a decent price I think. 2003 Jetta w/ automatic for 1500. It's bone stock, and smells like crayolas inside. Owner was getting rid of it because it had recently been getting a recurring low boost code. Dealer quoted her 2500 to replace the turbo because they claimed the turbo has a bad wastegate. I laughed inside when I heard that. Anyway thanks to all the long time members of this forum for all the great information indexed here. Anyone else here from the long island area?

levin91e

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Automatica
I am hoping the transmission will hold up for while. The car has 144k on it, I keep reading that the auto trans's start to crap out around this mileage? Is that still true for a 2003. Also need to track down the real cause for the low boost, I know for sure it's not a wastegate lol. I really think it is just a sticky actuator, most of the time the car pulls strong. Occasionally it will feel sluggish and the engine light will come on and then clear itself in a day after doing an Italian tuneup

Last edited:

skyking1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 beetle 2002 beetle
We just picked up a 2003 Beetle 5 speed yesterday. We have not had a manual in the family for several years, but had only manuals for many years. My wife had a blast driving it home.

Last edited:

Comptec

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon

Good Morning.
My name is Rich and I just bought my first VW. It is a 2004 Jetta Waggon TDI with the 5spd tiptronic. It has a lot of miles on it (just broke the 200K) mark. I am having some issues so you will be hearing a lot from me.
I REALLY hate having to pay someone to work on my car. Most of the time I feel like I am getting ripped off just because your not an expert on that car.

I live in the Auburn WA area (suburb of Seattle).

I am a network admin/pc support/hacker by day. If you have any computer/network related questions. Please let me know.

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about my car.

Take care.

strayts

TDI
2011 VW Jetta
Hi all, I've been lurking for awhile but wanted to introduce myself and my new car. My wife and I just bought a 2011 Jetta TDI w/ DSG with 36k miles on it for our daily driver. I walk/bus to my office every day, and she drives a couple miles to work. The vast majority of the miles will be weekend trips, visiting my family in Portland and her family in the Tacoma area.

I have lots of experience working on BMWs - I had an e34 535i that I modded and babied until some ass totaled it and ran while it was sitting outside my house. That's life I guess :(. I've also worked on E36s and E46s, but never a VW or a diesel :). So I'm ready for a new adventure. I work on all my own cars, and I'm excited to get my hands dirty, starting with the 40k mile service w/ DSG fluid change. Going to buy a VCDS soon.

Here are a few pics:

Not even a month after we bought it, some loser backed into it and drove off (pretty sure it happened in my wife's work parking lot, since it's only ever parked there or in our driveway). We didn't notice it until last weekend.

I was able to get most of the damage out with some elbow grease and my random orbital... not perfect but good enough for now until I get around to having the bumper repaired.

Anyways, looking forward to learning more!

Last edited:

Countryboy12v

TDI
01 Jetta
Howdy y'all.

Howdy from the flat lands of Kansas.
I am the proud new owner of a 2001 Jetta 5spd. 253k. Black with tan cloth. She is unmolested and bone stock.
Now I have a lot of learning to do bout the little diesel.
Keith.

Bboatman

TDI
Jetta Sportswagen
New 2013 jetta sportswagen

I'm picking her up tomorrow morning! She's a 2013 sportswagen TDI, brown with the light tan interior. I'm so ready and excited. This will be our first new car and couldn't be more happy with our choice! I can't wait to get 50 mpg!

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I'm picking her up tomorrow morning! She's a 2013 sportswagen TDI, brown with the light tan interior. I'm so ready and excited. This will be our first new car and couldn't be more happy with our choice! I can't wait to get 50 mpg!

Welcome to the club. With a SportsWagon don't get that kind of mpg it's more like 40 range. At first it will low until 10k and a little more around 60k when the engine is broken in. Good luck. The Passat get the best mpg any more question ask here http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81 Good luck.

dellaware

TDI
2010 JSW TDI AT
Hi, I'm Pete and I just bought a 2010 JSW TDI. Actually at the dealer now waiting for my complimentary detailing. :)
I started a long commute about 6 months ago and the 2000 ford focus wasn't cutting it anymore, mpg-wise and comfort-wise. After having it a week and getting 41 mpg I'm sold. Wish I had gotten it sooner.
So far I have encountered the "hot pano roof won't work" problem, but that's about it.
I'm a jeep guy at heart and have spent many hours on jeep forum, I have a feeling it will be the same thing with this TDI. I'm in Southern Delaware and am looking for a good shop too if you have recommendations. Thinking about taking it to european coach werks if anyone has dealt with them, please give me your feedback. I met the owner the other day and liked his attitude. He is a Porsche guy but does VW's too, and so I might start taking my 911s there too.

Edit: Bought it with 28,900 miles, black, pano, DSG...

MonsterTDI09

TDI
Hi, I'm Pete and I just bought a 2010 JSW TDI. Actually at the dealer now waiting for my complimentary detailing. :)
I started a long commute about 6 months ago and the 2000 ford focus wasn't cutting it anymore, mpg-wise and comfort-wise. After having it a week and getting 41 mpg I'm sold. Wish I had gotten it sooner.
So far I have encountered the "hot pano roof won't work" problem, but that's about it.
I'm a jeep guy at heart and have spent many hours on jeep forum, I have a feeling it will be the same thing with this TDI. I'm in Southern Delaware and am looking for a good shop too if you have recommendations. Thinking about taking it to european coach werks if anyone has dealt with them, please give me your feedback. I met the owner the other day and liked his attitude. He is a Porsche guy but does VW's too, and so I might start taking my 911s there too.

Edit: Bought it with 28,900 miles, black, pano, DSG...

Welcome to the Club. There are a couple of people that put a TDI in a Jeep. One member is building a rock crawler.

STLvwConvert

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (buyback 8/29/17)
Hello gang, about a year long lurker...bought a new Platinum Grey Metallic 2012 Jetta TDI 6s back in July of 12. Since then I have a hair over 30,000 miles on the odometer.

Went from having a 98 Jeep Wrangler that I built up from stock to a rock crawling and trail riding machine, but sold it once I knew I was going into an outside sales position, to a diesel sipping german tractor. But haven't looked back since getting it and the TDI has been a blast to drive with triple the mpg that I was use to getting!

I'll get a picture in my avatar sooner or later upon figuring it out.

MonsterTDI09

TDI
Hello gang, about a year long lurker...bought a new Platinum Grey Metallic 2012 Jetta TDI 6s back in July of 12. Since then I have a hair over 30,000 miles on the odometer.

Went from having a 98 Jeep Wrangler that I built up from stock to a rock crawling and trail riding machine, but sold it once I knew I was going into an outside sales position, to a diesel sipping german tractor. But haven't looked back since getting it and the TDI has been a blast to drive with triple the mpg that I was use to getting!

I'll get a picture in my avatar sooner or later upon figuring it out.

Welcome to the club. For expert service on your TDI go here http://www.cardocautomotive.com/ Ask for Brian aka Oilhammer

gdg

TDI
bxe
Hello Im Gerard i live in spain, i have a seat leon bxe 105 tuned. I hope to help with whatever i can.
Best regards
gdg

tylerm5000

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Hello,
I have always been a fan of TDIs. My parents gave me their 1995 Toyota Tacoma 2.7l that I drove for several years. I maintained it very well and replaced everything and also upgraded lots of parts to make it a better truck. However, it still only got about 16 MPG on the hwy. So we decided to keep it and buy a new car.
I bought a new 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Candy White
My sister also bought one on the same day. It is the same color, but it is a TDI SE with Chrome package. It is a 2013.
We both love them. They don't drive like a BMW (more like a sporty boat), but the ride is smooth and still a lot of fun to drive.
I love the sound of the turbo spooling up.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95528767@N07/9519291778/

Last edited:

MonsterTDI09

TDI
Hello,
I have always been a fan of TDIs. My parents gave me their 1995 Toyota Tacoma 2.7l that I drove for several years. I maintained it very well and replaced everything and also upgraded lots of parts to make it a better truck. However, it still only got about 16 MPG on the hwy. So we decided to keep it and buy a new car.
I bought a new 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Candy White
My sister also bought one on the same day. It is the same color, but it is a TDI SE with Chrome package. It is a 2013.
We both love them. They don't drive like a BMW (more like a sporty boat), but the ride is smooth and still a lot of fun to drive.
I love the sound of the turbo spooling up.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95528767@N07/9519291778/

Welcome to the club. Wow 2014 are out already.

Orbit308

TDI
2010 Golf TDi 6sp-manual
Hello everyone. I'm a Golf Tdi owner now!! After only 3 months of searching I finally found a 2010 Golf Tdi 6sp/manual. It's a lot of fun to drive when you dont have to worry about fueling up every day. I got this to replace my 13 mpg Dodge ram as a commuter. $400+ a month just didn't make sense to me. I wanted the manual because its fun and I don't want to worry about the transmission going out at 200k. I'm getting about 45-47 mpg right now, which is awesome. I'm just looking to break 50 on a tank.

house105

TDI
2003 Jettawagon
JP's, a newbie to this forum , Profile.

Hello, my nick name will be "JP". Don't laugh it is a very common name.

I own an '03 Jetta wagon TDI, has 142,000 miles. This summer I got 40 mpg with a/c running ! Not bad for 10 yr old !

I am too old to do my own repairs, 75 now.

But I love my tdi, all problems were my own doing, used my own biodiesel, putting gas once by mistake etc.

MY radio ( original Monsoon) died Jan 2013, CD player still works, radio just produces static, tries to tune. Any suggestions out there???

In cold weather, some times the trip meter sets to zero and the clock time goes to hell! Now the radio is gone too. Are these symptoms of body control module gone bad? Is there a body control module in 03 Jetta wagon tdi? help help......jp

suhayl

TDI
polo 1.9 tdi sportline
Wt up ppl ,ima noob here,can anyone help,driving a polo 1.9 sportline,I have got stage1,intake,exhaust and down pipe,if I upgrade my intercooler,will I see a big diff in power? If I do have other options on upgrades pls help

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

DieselBruce

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta tdi
Hello,
My name's Bruce, I'm 23, from new jersey and I am a programmer by trade. I've always had diesels since birth and my current project has been a 97 f350 7.3 that has run 14.06 in the quarter but is certainly 13.8-9 capable. I'm currently looking for a 2002-3 golf TDI for my daily driver. I am very excited to learn about these little diesels.

piotrush

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
new TDi owner

Hi all,

My name is Peter, I live in CT. Earlier this week I purchased a 2004 Jetta wagon TDI that came in on trade with 116k. It drives great, and I'm looking forward to learning more about these cars. So far I've put just over 200 miles on it and the gas gauge only went down 1/4 - I'm optimistic.

This tuesday I'm getting it checked out by a friend of a friend who was a VW tech and now works at an independant shop. A few issues with the car are as follows:

-Car has a CEL with code p2564 (turbo boost control position sensor a circuit low)
-pass side seat heater is inop
-power outlets are inop

I will keep everyone posted with how everything turns out. Also I understand that there is a meet happening in Maine next weekend. I'll do my best to make it, but if I can't, is there an active community in Fairfield county CT? If so, I'd love to chat with a few enthusiasts.

Regards, Peter

skigolfmike

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG SEL
Just picked up a new 2013 Jetta TDI last weekend in Ohio and drove it to Virginia. 6 speed manual basic.

So far so good. Trip computer said 51.5 mpg on the trip, actual was 45.8. So far so good. Looks like it gets 40 mpg on the computer driving back to work. Although, I think the computer is a little optimistic.

STLTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI SE
Just bought my new Passat TDI this week. Traded in my MK6 GTI for a larger, family friendly car. Enjoying it!