New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Thanks for responding. Yes, the car has been modified and the warranty expires July 1 which is the greater of (a) 10 years since the inservice date. I verified that with Volkswagen of America. How do I avoid interrupting a regen? I don't know that a regen is happening when I'm driving - I just hear the fan after I shut off the engine.
What was the date/mileage of the emissions modification? The 4/48k above was supposed to say "after emissions modification," sorry. I'll edit.
Most owners interrupt a regen by driving lots of short trips, since there also many "stops" which interrupt the process. This type fo driving may also increase the frequency of regens, which increases the chances of interrupting one. Many owners don't care about it, but I try to let a regen finish, or at least let the temps drop before turning the engine off, but the most reliable way to do this is by monitoring the system.

I monitor regens by using the VAG DPF app ($3?) via a $25 Carista-branded OBD reader (the cheaper ones are less reliable) and an android phone I bought on ebay for $25. For a wider audience, yous should post in the Mk6 forum, as many of the Mk6 owners won't see your post in this one.

Check these threads:

Last edited:

BΞΝ

TDI
Golf mk7 tdi
BTW my name is Ben new here and just bought a 2015 golf tdi already put so.e wheels, dropped it on gti springs and a roof rack. Also adjusted the mpg with the carista app as well with a few minor tweaks with said app.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
BTW my name is Ben new here and just bought a 2015 golf tdi already put so.e wheels, dropped it on gti springs and a roof rack. Also adjusted the mpg with the carista app as well with a few minor tweaks with said app.
Welcome here! I’m trying to figure out HOW you got that E in your username..! Lol

BΞΝ

TDI
Golf mk7 tdi
Nit sure but I think is a Russian character I think I found it on my iPad and been using it since ut looks different.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
welcome all... definitely need more bens here; it's clearly a great name.

SVBDN

TDI
AHU
Finally signed up for this forum after lurking for the last month or so since buying my first TDi. The car is a 1998 Jetta and the odo just went over 400K last week. Already had an adventure when 5th gear burnt up driving down to Florida, and dove in and swapped out the transmission this past weekend.

This Jetta is my first VW, but not my first VAG car. I own and work on several early 944s and 924 turbos. After daily driving a 93 Jeep Cherokee for the last couple years it is great to be back in a German sedan for a commuter

Last edited:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
Finally signed up for this forum after lurking for the last month or so since buying my first TDi. The car is a 1998 Jetta and the odo just went over 400K last week. Already had an adventure when 5th gear burnt up driving down to Florida, and dove in and swapped out the transmission this past weekend.

This Jetta is my first VW, but not my first VAG car. I own and work on several early 944s and 924 turbos. After daily driving a 93 Jeep Cherokee for the last couple years it is great to be back in a German sedan for a commuter

welcome! ENC too?!? perfection

Th0r

TDI
2003 Jetta 1.9 ALH
Hello all!! Been a long time lurker but I finally made the change from a 2001 Jetta 2.0L gasser with 352k to a 2003 ALH with 214k. So I’ve decided to finally join! My family has had many many VWs over the years. From a Baja Bug and Squareback to a VR6 Mk4, 2 Mk4 2.0L’s, Mk5 BRM (all manuals naturally) and lastly my “new to me” ALH. Sooo yeah we’ve had a few VWs. Currently I’ve done a ventectomy and race pipe. I have also done a 2-3” lift that I took off my gasser and my roof rack.

I know lifts are working their way into the VW community and I can post my build later if anyone’s interested!

Cheers!

p.s Yes the car in the avatar is our dirt track Jetta, gasser obviously. And yes it’s a blast haha.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Hello all!! Been a long time lurker but I finally made the change from a 2001 Jetta 2.0L gasser with 352k to a 2003 ALH with 214k. So I’ve decided to finally join! My family has had many many VWs over the years. From a Baja Bug and Squareback to a VR6 Mk4, 2 Mk4 2.0L’s, Mk5 BRM (all manuals naturally) and lastly my “new to me” ALH. Sooo yeah we’ve had a few VWs. Currently I’ve done a ventectomy and race pipe. I have also done a 2-3” lift that I took off my gasser and my roof rack. I know lifts are working their way into the VW community and I can post my build later if anyone’s interested! Cheers! p.s Yes the car in the avatar is our dirt track Jetta, gasser obviously. And yes it’s a blast haha.
Welcome aboard!

RayF

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Took a while….and I seriously considered going gasser, but I finally found her (thanks, GotEuroCorrado!)

2011 Golf S TDI with 66k miles. Don’t mind the 13 yo clown in the pic. He thinks its his.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
Took a while….and I seriously considered going gasser, but I finally found her (thanks, GotEuroCorrado!)

2011 Golf S TDI with 66k miles. Don’t mind the 13 yo clown in the pic. He thinks its his.
Welcome!

Lakelifejimmy

TDI
2014 Passat
Hi, I'm new here with a 2014 Passat TDI. I have an erratic temp reading on the dash that tells me its a bad sensor. Sometimes it reads normal, sometimes it climbs to the point the AC turns off but with a blip of the throttle or cycling the key it will drop back to 190. Which forum does this belong in?

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
Hi, I'm new here with a 2014 Passat TDI. I have an erratic temp reading on the dash that tells me its a bad sensor. Sometimes it reads normal, sometimes it climbs to the point the AC turns off but with a blip of the throttle or cycling the key it will drop back to 190. Which forum does this belong in?
You should post in the model specific forum for best results, and welcome!

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

aveTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Hi all,
I got an 02 TDI as a project car. Half blue half gray, tan interior and a stick. It's sat for two years, and I haven't been able to start it. One notable finding is the gauge cluster isn't functioning besides the clock, odometer, and high beam light. I've been trying to chase down this issue for a few days now, these cars are much more complex than what I'm used to (old Volvo's). Other than that, I verified fuel is getting to the injectors by cracking the nut open a bit on cylinder 1 and turning it over. Still not even a sputter. If anyone has some suggestions on getting her fired up, please reach out, it would be much appreciated. In the meantime, I will be scouring this forum, especially the 'car won't start troubleshooting' thread.

Diesel Viking

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9L
Hello all, figured it's time for an introduction so I can become an active member in the forums.

My name is Tyler and I'm located here in Utah, USA. Professionally, I am a certified heavy duty diesel technician and I work on automotive vehicles for fun.

I own two Tdi's currently, but plan to own many more in the future. The first is a 2006 jetta tdi 5 spd manual, engine code BRM. This car was totalled in an accident so I bought it back from the insurance company and swapped the engine and trans into a different car. I'm currently having problems with this car and will be seeking advice in another forum.

The other car is a 2012 touareg tdi engine code: CATA. Technically it's my wife's car but you get the idea. I will be changing the timing chain and refreshing a lot of the seals on the engine soon and will also be seeking some tips and advice in a different forum.

Thanks for reading

Tx30

TDI
09 Jetta
Hello - been on the forum a lot doing research on CBEA to CJAA swap in my 09 Jetta. Bought it with a blown motor due to oil pump failure.
Been wrenching on cars for years but new to the TDI world and figuring it out along with VCDS.
I’ll be looking for some guidance on getting it all to come together. If anyone has done the swap let me know!

oz_johnno

TDI
2007-2007 Jetta
Heloo from OZstralia,
looking to upgrade the performance of My 2007 Jetta TDI with as little money as possible. Should I go for a APR upgrade or a ECU flash

Cheers

OZ

minsik

TDI
Golf 2012 MK6 TDI diesel
Hi. "New" Golf 2012 MK6 103TDI diesel bluemotion hatchback done 175K approx coming to me next Saturday. First diesel car although i lived in work Isuzu MUX vehicles while employed. Now approaching retirement I need a vehicle (other than the family car) for getting to the capital as the company wants some of my blood (expertise and experience). So the S/H golf is coming my way from a family member.
First test drive last week was noticably smooth, quite quiet and this thing has a ton of torque and go! I believe its been chipped or flashed or whatever and not upgraded after diesel gate! Looking forward to a basic, safe car to get me over some long trips at the most economical way it can be done. Interested in any information on keeping it going for a s long as possible. still looking for a workshop manual somewhere.
Minsik South Australia.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
i just got into the TDI game. 2004 jetta with 250k, on the clock. Previous owner installed a rocketchip, EGR delete and straight pipe.
Installed a rocketchip? As in the little thing that plugs into the the obd port or a real rocketchip tune from Jeff Robertson.