New time belt/water pump no start

TDI
2014 TDI
Recently the water pump on my 2014 TDI started leaking. Watched a lot of videos and found a good kit to it myslef. Changed everything out. Bought the obdeleven to prime the fuel pump. Not sure it worked. Car now cranks, catches for a spilt second and shuts off. I'm assuming the time belt is a notch or two off. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thesushiman

TDI
2012 sportwagen
Following this thread. I have the exact same symptoms. I used the CR timing belt CR_Timing_belt_procedure_Rev2 procedure
I am thinking in my case its electrical. I did not break the hose on the fuel system.. I went back and pinned cam crank and hpfp again retensioned, no start same symptom

TDI
2014 TDI
Following this thread. I have the exact same symptoms. I used the CR timing belt CR_Timing_belt_procedure_Rev2 procedure
I am thinking in my case its electrical. I did not break the hose on the fuel system.. I went back and pinned cam crank and hpfp again retensioned, no start same symptom
That was the instructions i used to do the swap. However, i don't think i moved the crank getting the belt on so am going to try it again, before looking at repinning

thesushiman

TDI
2012 sportwagen
The crank isn't going to move if you were using the crank tool. What index tools are you using?
Thanks for the response.
I meant cam not crank for context. Not used to writing car yet ugh.

Bent pin cam pin, traditional over the top tdc crank lock, improv'd the HPFP pin with a punch. I got my scan and it is the p0016 error code. The only think I can think of is that the campin being slightly smaller may have the cam a very small amount off. Planning right now on repinning the three with the cam pulley bolts and hpfp cam bolts loose and then retightening them. Have been reading and have found how sensitive the cam sensor is.

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
did you disconnect the battery for the change? Can it be that the battery has to be taught in with a tester so that it starts up again?

thesushiman

TDI
2012 sportwagen
Finally a follow up. I ended up getting the metalnerd kit, pinned the crank, loosened the hpfp and cam pulleys, repinned, tightened, and put it back together and it started right up.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
If you just now ordered the metalnerd pin kit where did you get your "good" quality timing belt parts kit at? I'm glad you got it figured out and thanks for updating to let others who search this problem see the fix.