New tdi, first trip.

JonLla84

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
Gang, I'm thinking of driving from ft. Lauderdale to Orlando Sunday to bring my daughter to Disney. The new car is still under 250 miles...

The trip will be 200 miles each way. Am I safe to drive?

cascade7997

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI sold, 2015 Golf SE TDI 6MT
This is a short trip
I will pick mine up in a month and the drive over 1000 miles on the way home.

You should have no problems, enjoy!!!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
All brand new cars with less than 500 miles must set for 6 months before being driven. Says so in your owners manual, right? :):):) Just kidding enjoy driving that new car I'm thinking that's a great way to get to know how the car drives, not to mention spending time with your daughter ,at Disney no less. What could be better?

smoav8r

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Man (sold), 2013 Passat TDI 6M
I'm new to FL and drove the same trip this month. Is there some FL law requiring native FL drivers to cruise in the left lane regardless of low speed, preferably while pacing the vehicle next to them in the right lane?

CopaMundial

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 5sp (New to me Oct 2014) 03 Jetta 5sp (RIP Aug 2014)
Don't bother with Disney World.
Just get your daughter in the car and go to Disneyland.

JonLla84

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
I'm new to FL and drove the same trip this month. Is there some FL law requiring native FL drivers to cruise in the left lane regardless of low speed, preferably while pacing the vehicle next to them in the right lane?
Tons of out of state drivers who don't know how to drive.

Left= fast lane
Right= grandpa lane

Paulman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI (buyback at 109,000miles) 2014 Jetta TDI 59,000miles
Leaving your car in the sun in a hot parking lot will show you value of getting a good tint job installed.

You won't get 3rd degree burns sitting down on hot seats with a good, legal tint.

Paul

TDI_FNG

TDI
2004 Jetta
It seems we have a similar law in WA state.