• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

New!! TDI Club License Frames Shipping TODAY!!!!

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red
<moderator edit>

DO NOT PLACE ANY FURTHER ORDERS UNTIL ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED

</moderator edit>

The new frames are in! Those of you who have paid, your frames were just dropped of at the post office.

These frames have RAISED white letters, (not silk screened).

They will ship the day after you pay. NO WAITING!!!

Prices are $8.90 each or $15.00 for two. Shipping included
Paypal or checks are fine email for the snailmail address.

Paypal to <email removed by moderator to prevent further orders>

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red
$12.50 CAD shipped for one. $19.90 CAD shipped for two.

This is about 1.00 US more for shipping. Pay me the above rate Canadian or Just add an extra dollar US for shipping if you pay US dollar.

lafours1138

TDI
GLS TDI, 2004, Black
Grr....I ordered a plate frame from Jeff 3 weeks ago. This seems like it would've been better and shipped promptly. Doh!

master cylinder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Cool White
This frame looks as though it may hide the tag for a Michigan license plate - do you know if it does and if so - can it be trimmed to show it? Do you have any experience with someone from a state that has tags in the lower corners? Don't want a ticket

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red
The frames will be made available for GTG's. If you are planning one email me and I will send some in advance for the GTG.

This was sucessfull at OldNavy's GTG over the weekend.

Charles

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red
If you guys in Canada will post as soon as you receive your frames I would like to know if everything went smoothly. I don't anticipate any problems, so for now Canada shipments will be fine. (I send them as commercial samples)

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red
Chrome metal is very possible. Probably about $15.00 though in smaller (under 1000) quantity.

Lets start a list of how many we could sell. I would have them made with about 50 pre orders.

Charles

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Got one at Old Navy's GTG & I like it

Thanks to K5ING for having them shipped there & available to us!
No need to thank me. All I did was ask. Chasone delivered.

Chasone -- you have mail. Thanks!

gcsdls

Veteran Member
TDI
selling my 2001
Hi Charles,

Wow, what a deal! My wife is getting me a set of 2 of these for Sweetest Day!

Paypal sent....

george

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Received. Very nice. One comment.

These do not fit well in the A3 Jetta rear license plate mounting area. Requires trimming to fit properly, as frame height is a bit too high.

PAPADUZA

Veteran Member
TDI
PD Jetta Wagon, 2004, Graphite Blue
My frames arrived in the mail today. The raised lettering is vastly superior to silkscreening. Thanks for the speedy service and supporting Fred.

04Wagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2004.5 Jetta Wagon 5spd Tip, Black Leather on Spice Red.
Hey Charles,

They made it to Canada, arrived today via post and are in one piece, will get them installed this weekend and see what they look like.

Thanks

gcsdls

Veteran Member
TDI
selling my 2001
Hey, I came home to plateholders!!!

They look great, and shipping took less than a week!

Thanks Charles!

george

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
master cylinder,

I have had this question before. Shoot me a pix of your license plate and I will cut a notch with a dremel and send it to you if you will post the pix to see how bad (or good) it looks.
Maybe the next redesign or the possible chrome ones will overcome this issue? I'd like to order, but I'm unwilling to install an excuse to get pulled over. I'd have to remove it for state inspection as well
!

-Scott