New suspension advice

cody

Veteran Member
06 Jetta 94K. We live on a gravel road and need new shocks/struts. Just looking for a comfortable ride. Any advice on brand and where to purchase? Thanks, cody

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Good question, I did some looking around at some of the preferred vendors and there isn't a lot for MK5's. The only thing I saw were Koni FSD's at TDIparts.com, but they are spendy and probably more firm than what you are looking for.

Give Aaron at www.boraparts.com a call. He probably has something available, it just isn't up on the website yet.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
TDICADDGUY said:
Good question, I did some looking around at some of the preferred vendors and there isn't a lot for MK5's. The only thing I saw were Koni FSD's at TDIparts.com, but they are spendy and probably more firm than what you are looking for.
Give Aaron at www.boraparts.com a call. He probably has something available, it just isn't up on the website yet.
+1

I looked at www.boraparts.com , www.tdiparts.com , and www.shox.com , and none show what I would call reasonably priced shocks and struts for your Mk5. So give Aaron a call and ask him what's available in your price range, and let him find something for you.