New SE Florida TDI Group / meetup

VWSHPFRMN

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
None at the time
Kick start

Since it seams difficult to get people together I had an idea that may work. We will be participating in this years Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Boca Raton on October 22. It may be a way to get together and meet one another so more TDI specific GTG's can be established. If people are interested a TDI team can be created. I will need to know how many are attending so I can provide hats or shirts. follow the link for more details. If you decide to just show up look for the pink VW hats and you will find our team.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?c...n_US&et=hZ-7Q0B94Aii64lTtwqCeQ&s_tafId=897811

If anyone cannot make it on October 22, I will be attending the October 9 walk in Fortlauderdale also.

Danny Wheels

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
why don't we meet at Tower shops on Fridays .... then maybe we could do some day events BBQ'S ect ..

I'm Danny BTW :p

I don't have to much free time but I can always move some things around .

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Since it seams difficult to get people together I had an idea that may work. We will be participating in this years Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Boca Raton on October 22. It may be a way to get together and meet one another so more TDI specific GTG's can be established. If people are interested a TDI team can be created. I will need to know how many are attending so I can provide hats or shirts. follow the link for more details. If you decide to just show up look for the pink VW hats and you will find our team.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?c...n_US&et=hZ-7Q0B94Aii64lTtwqCeQ&s_tafId=897811

If anyone cannot make it on October 22, I will be attending the October 9 walk in Fortlauderdale also.

I like this idea. The wife has been wanting to get involved with cancer/heart health organizations since she lost one to cancer and the other to heart disease. And I might be able to drag her down to Boca to get a car group started if she has the walk for her.

Jason

SoloScuba

TDI
2011 Golf TDi, 6m, Silver, w/ Sunroof & Bluetooth
TDi Meet @ Tower Shops in Davie?

why don't we meet at Tower shops on Fridays .... then maybe we could do some day events BBQ'S ect ..

I'm Danny BTW :p

I don't have to much free time but I can always move some things around .

I agree, there's already a gathering at Tower Shops (I-595 & University Drive) pretty much every Friday unless it gets rained out. We'd just have to carve out a spot.

aerovw

TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI
Monthly meetup

How about a GTG once a month at rotating locations.Each meet have one or two classes on repair and upkeep.Have group discussions on mods.One spot to start ,Rest stop camp area by bridge in tampa on I75.What you all say.lets do a event.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
im picking up my 1998 jetta TDI soon, id be down to meet some new people. recently sold my 07 GTI, previously had 1.8T, and GLS. completely new to the TDI scene

Cup22

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition
gathering at tower shops,,,time?

I agree, there's already a gathering at Tower Shops (I-595 & University Drive) pretty much every Friday unless it gets rained out. We'd just have to carve out a spot.
~First ever TDIClub post :)~ I just picked up my 2010 tdi about two weeks ago. im in the area until 11pm or so, what time are the Tower Shop meets? will anyone be around then?

SoloScuba

TDI
2011 Golf TDi, 6m, Silver, w/ Sunroof & Bluetooth
Not that I need to be there, I'll be out of town this coming Friday but if someone wants to take the lead and try to get a space to gather go for it. I'm not even sure if you have to pay to enter a roped off area or not. I'v been meaning to go by there and ask but the past couple of Fridays have been tough for me. If anyone finds out let us know here.

DrivenMotorsLLC

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan GL 5-Speed with 245k and climbing everyday
Hi all:

I have got a warehouse that I would volunteer as a meeting spot for any interested parties in Jacksonville, Florida. Not sure if there are too many owners here in town though. Couple of thousand square feet with a small parking lot.

Just a thought.

-Kevin

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Miami Area TDI Mech/Enthusiast

Who would you guys down there in the South Florida area recomend.

My cousin has a 2009 that needs the 40K service done along with the DSG service.

DrftrTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI - 2 Hands 2 Feet (6MT) - Black on Black
Gunther VW of Coconut Creek...hands down. They are north of Ft. Lauderdale. Ask for Pete (he's also a member here - VWSHPFRMN).

www.gunthervw.net

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Gunther VW

Gunther VW of Coconut Creek...hands down. They are north of Ft. Lauderdale. Ask for Pete (he's also a member here - VWSHPFRMN).

www.gunthervw.net
X2-Pete's the best. He'll make sure all goes well. Added plus is 20% off of parts purchased. Pete goes out of his way to make you a repeat customer :cool:!
I have a VW dealer locally but I drive an hour away for Gunther's service dept.!

MRFire

TDI
2000 Golf 4door
South Miami here

I would be down to meet some TDI guys at Tower Shops in Davie. When is the day they meet? It's been awhile for me =)

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Hey everyone,

I apologize for falling off the map. I actually received quite a few pm's while I was gone with contact info. I will review all the messages and put together a list of interested persons this weekend and set a meet and greet shortly. If you have not already sent me a pm please message me the following info:
1) Name
2) Phone #
3) Email
4) City you live in
5) What day and time you can meet

Also would be interested in suggestions:
1) good meeting place
2) Frequency we should get the group together