New SE Florida TDI Group / meetup

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Hey everyone, so we have 20+ interested tdi'ers. The break down is pretty even between Miami Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach County, with a few stragglers further north and further south. I would say the first meet should be in Broward County. Any of you locals there have an idea for a good venue?

I am going to send a PM and email to everyone who responded.

Kingcodez

Veteran Member
TDI
00-Beetle
I'm in Orlando so that is a bit far from me. If we can plan these GTGs in advance or have a big one I can stay in WPB and then make the drive no problem.

Keep us all updated, I've never met another TDIer that knew their car more than "it takes diesel".

josh8loop

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI Manual(performed 01M to 5-speed swap) - 183,000 miles and climbing!
I'm in Orlando so that is a bit far from me. If we can plan these GTGs in advance or have a big one I can stay in WPB and then make the drive no problem.

Keep us all updated, I've never met another TDIer that knew their car more than "it takes diesel".

Pretty much the only other TDI guys I have ever met were guys from this site, and as such they had to know more than "it takes diesel". Most guys from this site at least are here to find answers to common issues that we all deal with. It's refreshing to meet up with people who are fully TDI oriented!

Free Bump :)

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Pembroke pines Fud Ruckers off of I-75, lots of parking and lots of tables to put together. We can even call ahead with a head count and they will hold a section usually.

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Pembroke pines Fud Ruckers off of I-75, lots of parking and lots of tables to put together. We can even call ahead with a head count and they will hold a section usually.
Awesome. lets shoot to get everyone together for Friday 7/13/12 7:27pm at Fud Ruckers. That should be plenty of time to put people on notice, and everyone should be recovered from their 4th of July travels :)

I only got 1 reply on my emails I sent out, but I do have some phone numbers, so I will call a few people every night and let them know. I will continue to post an updated list of everyone coming.

Who's in??

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
Awesome. lets shoot to get everyone together for Friday 7/13/12 7:27pm at Fud Ruckers. That should be plenty of time to put people on notice, and everyone should be recovered from their 4th of July travels :)

I only got 1 reply on my emails I sent out, but I do have some phone numbers, so I will call a few people every night and let them know. I will continue to post an updated list of everyone coming.

Who's in??
Unfortunately not me. I'll be at work...

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
That would be 90 minute drive but doable for occasional thing. But that day I'll be on a trip in Texas. If it works out let me know so I can hit the next one.

Jason

iCharlie

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI -Alaska Green- (sold) 2005.5 Jetta TDI BRM
Sounds good to me! Just let me know which fuddruckers as they have quite a few opening up around here lately.

I'll be rolling in a little after 8pm considering that I leave work at 7 and have to drive up to Broward. I'll spread the word around to a couple other TDI friends of mine.

candela

TDI
'04 tacoma doublecab TRD // '76 porsche 912E
Oooh.... this sounds awesome.... can't wait to make some sooty friends

iCharlie

Veteran Member
TDI
Glad to see some interest! I invited a couple of friends over. I try to check this every so often to keep up with the updates.

3cwired

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS
Im in, i have to see why i dont get email notifications from the website, it shouldnt be a problem for me to come out.

iCharlie

Veteran Member
TDI
A couple more days. What is the headcount looking like?

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Yes
1) icharlie
2) braga_dub
3) 3cwired
4) passesswithglasses
5) candela
6) turkeywrap
7) ss05c

maybe
1) augsx
2) josh8loop
3) crawfish00

5 more cannot attend for various reasons this time.

Please send me your contact info if you have not already. Looking good, hopefully we can get a few more!

3cwired

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS
even tho my car was recently in an accident and i couldnt put it in the shop in time for this meet, im gonna come out :)!!

ss05c

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Cool we are up to 8 yes, and 3 maybe. See everyone tonight at 7:30
Fuddruckers
14532 SW 5th Street (i75 and pines blvd SE corner)
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027

We will meet in the parking lot, and then likely head inside as people get hungry. I am 6'7'' so should not be hard to spot :)

3cwired

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS
I will meet up outside and then leave as people are heading in, i have to go to another event right after.

black tdi, tints, dark 19's, missing gli front lip.
-Brian

3cwired

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS
I'm here in the southern most part of the fuddruckers lot, it looks like the back of fuddruckers. But all the way at the end of the parking lot. Anyone else here yet?

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
Got held up at work due to our systems being down. I'm about 45 minutes away, is it worth heading out right now? Or would I be arriving as people leave?

iCharlie

Veteran Member
TDI
I got held up at work. Just getting off now. I don't think ill be making ittonight :(