New Passat TDI confirmed for U.S.

AstroEng

TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2005 Golf TDI (Sold)
I think that has always been the case, fill the lots first. That's where I found my 2005.

Second that. Still no info on my order, but I found the same one on a lot in the next state. Cancelled the order and drove a new one home...

breind01

I just spoke with a good friend today and he said that with his kids and the long trips they take, not having rear vents is a deal-breaker.

Someone said they think there is ventilation from under the seats. Can anyone confirm this?
I specifically looked for Rear Vents at a Dealer today, Passat TDI SEL and it does have two vents under the Drivers Seat & Passenger Seat. Someone else mentioned that it mentions in the Owners Manual as well.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I specifically looked for Rear Vents at a Dealer today, Passat TDI SEL and it does have two vents under the Drivers Seat & Passenger Seat. Someone else mentioned that it mentions in the Owners Manual as well.
I wonder if it has them on the SE....guess I'll take a peek at mine tonight, not that it really matters to me as the AC on these cars blows strong.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I think OG was talking about higher vents in the center of the rear console. Not on very early production, added later. Ironically, my 2-door Golf has them, even though it's far less likely that I'll have people in the back seat than someone with a Passat.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I sat in the back of our 2011 golf for the first time the other day and was surprised to see the vents. Did not think they were in the golf. My daughters say that they don't really do much in the back of the jsw, but maybe the golf will be better.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Just never sat in the back of the golf before purchasing. So I did not think tho even look for the vents.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
FYI....I checked my 2012 SE Passat, there are 2 air vents under each of the front seats.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Saw my first one on the road this morning on my commute. A white TDI, privately plated so not a demonstrator. I think I recognized the driver, she's a former neighbour, and she had a B5.5 TDI before.

Mixed feelings about it. It doesn't look much bigger than a Jetta. The Jetta seems to look more substantial on the road. Of course it isn't as de-contented as the Jetta. I'd have to look at it up close. The interior from pics looks very much like the B6 interior, which itself was criticized as a step down in materials quality compared to the B5.5, but nevertheless looked nice. It looks more mainstream, which I guess trying to be a Cam-cord beater, it is.

So it looks like in Canada at least, TDIs are already on the road.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Saw my first one on the road this morning on my commute. A white TDI, privately plated so not a demonstrator. I think I recognized the driver, she's a former neighbour, and she had a B5.5 TDI before.

Mixed feelings about it. It doesn't look much bigger than a Jetta. The Jetta seems to look more substantial on the road. Of course it isn't as de-contented as the Jetta. I'd have to look at it up close. The interior from pics looks very much like the B6 interior, which itself was criticized as a step down in materials quality compared to the B5.5, but nevertheless looked nice. It looks more mainstream, which I guess trying to be a Cam-cord beater, it is.

So it looks like in Canada at least, TDIs are already on the road.

breind01

FYI....I checked my 2012 SE Passat, there are 2 air vents under each of the front seats.
I'd be interested in knowing the date you ordered your TDI SE and when you received. We ordered our SEL TDI on 9/8 and still waiting. No VIN our Build date yet. It will be nine weeks tomorrow. Surely another week or so we should have, but . . .

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I'd be interested in knowing the date you ordered your TDI SE and when you received. We ordered our SEL TDI on 9/8 and still waiting. No VIN our Build date yet. It will be nine weeks tomorrow. Surely another week or so we should have, but . . .
Build date on mine was 9/2011....I actually found this car on a dealer lot, it was delivered based on an order where the original customer decided to purchase a dsg equipped car, so I'm not sure when it was actually ordered.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I am going to visit a friend of mine tomorrow who has a new Passat TDI SEL, in dark red with the black interior. He likes it so far. DSG.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
They're already struggling to meet emissions in a cost-effective way with a 2.0 4-cyl. Also, IIRC, the engine bay isn't quite wide enough for a timing belt equipped 5-cylinder.

And, VW's discontinuing the 2.5 5-cylinder TDI for automotive applications - the Crafter was the last hold-out for the 5-cylinder, and the 2.0 16v BiTDI makes more power and more torque than the single-turbo 2.5 10v.

So, now, if you want more displacement than a 2.0, you need to step up to a V6, which means longitudinal, which means Audi (or a Touareg).

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
Who cares how cylinders it has...the torque and power is what really matters.
MPGs and longevity are also important.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW
Longevity

Who cares how cylinders it has . . . the torque and power is what really matters.
MPGs and longevity are also important.
:)

Don't forget whether or not the HPFP will hold up? :confused:

Ah yes, and speaking oflongevity . . . !

Torque and power are not really important when the motor will not run, are they? :confused:

:D

D

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Totally didn't see that coming.

;)

(I mean, the regular B6.5/B7/whatever people are calling it isn't even sold here, so why would the Allroaded version be... especially when, supposedly, there's a three-row crossover based on the NMS being designed.)

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I would just as soon they don't introduce the Alltrack here, until they get the HPFP sorted out. I really don't care to deal with the temptation.

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW...SOLD..2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black...Now Here
I would just as soon they don't introduce the Alltrack here, until they get the HPFP sorted out. I really don't care to deal with the temptation.
Maybe it is time to back off the HPFP hysteria. The issue is not as big an issue as it is/was made out to be on the enthusiast boards. I had no problem with my ,now gone, 09 CR with 82k on it. I am also told the HPFP on the passat is a different design.