New owner

TNTTDIJETTA

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Hello we just purchased a 2011 Jetta tdi. It has 130,000 miles on it. It’s in fairly good condition and seems to be fairly well kept up on. I was wondering at this mileage is there anything maintenance wise that need to be addressed fairly soon or that I should REALLY look at?
Also the intercooler icing issue... how can I tell if the car has had the TSB done to it or not? if I were to put a turbo back exhaust on the car that eliminates the DPF and EGR, does this get rid of the intercooler icing issue???

thanks for your time and informing a new owner. I appreciate it.

nick

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Welcome!

Timing belt service is due at 130K miles. If it hasn't been done I'd get on that. Also if it's a DSG you should complete a DSG service if you don't know if one's been done at 120K. The DSG has a 40K service interval.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
For my beetle, the cold weather inner cooler kit did not solve the problem, I’m cleaning out the passenger side hose every 5,000 miles and it now has a winter front.

TNTTDIJETTA

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
For my beetle, the cold weather inner cooler kit did not solve the problem, I’m cleaning out the passenger side hose every 5,000 miles and it now has a winter front.
Sorry it’s been a while. It been pretty cold here in OHIO and snowing and freezing. I haven’t experienced any problems at all. Do all cars have the icing problem or is it hit or miss?

ebain21

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6M
I'd say hit and miss for me. It's dependent on driving factors and weather primarily. Also the dieselgate fix made it worse. The one time I had a no start it was driven in humid/snowy weather, it warmed up over the weekend when I wasn't driving, and then got super cold. So, I think the intercooler iced, melted into the charge air pipe and then refroze into a solid slug of ice. Certainly a lot of weather factors there, combined with me not driving over the weekend when it was warm.

Edit: I'll add that a delete and tune will make your problems go away. Also a winter front should help. I probably should make myself one.

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
I think these "icing" problem happen when temperatures are floating around the freezing point, so I mean around 32f or 0c temps. We have experienced this icing condition only once or twice around November/December here in Ontario over the last couple of years. Dead cold of winter seems no problem (as long as the battery is healthy!).

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
It only takes a few minutes to pull the hose off the intercooler. The summer before my last intercooler icing, my beetle would stumble on hard acceleration, after dumping 2.5 CUPS of water out of the pipe no more issues, the beetle runs great.