New owner in need of advice!

Coolcolger

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL DSG
Hello people of Tdiclub, I apologize as this post is largely a copy and paste from a post I made on the vortex and am learning there is almost certainly more opinions to be had here about my Golf and situation. One month and two days ago I purchased my beautiful 2015 Golf TDI SEL Sportwagen with 79k miles on the clock from a dealer near Buffalo, New York. Back before “the gate” we had a Passat tdi in the family and it felt so good to be back in a VW and a tdi. Day one of ownership was flawless driving all the way back to Albany, NY which was a couple hundred miles and it was glorious. One week later I had a dreaded check engine light illuminate. The beginning of the following week it went to a local dealer where they diagnosed it to have a faulty heater for the def tank. Repairs done under warranty. I figured great, no big deal. Drove it for another week and another check engine light appears. Back to the dealer. Diagnosed to need dpf differential pressure sensors. Covered under warranty and five days waiting on parts repairs were done all is good but I am getting nervous. Have I given VW the benefit of the doubt and bought a completely half baked car following the dieselgate repairs? Drive the golf another week and cel comes on again. Took it to the dealer yesterday morning and now I’m being told it needs the dpf outright replaced and it may be “six or seven months” before the part arrives but it is perfectly fine to drive in the meantime other than the CEL staring me in the face. I have 7k+ mile road trip planned for next month from NY to Cali and back which I have been extremely excited to do with our new tdi! What do I do? Is the car safe to drive without stranding my family in the middle of nowhere including in Death Valley which is one of our many destinations? Should I be trying to return the car to the dealer or complaining to VW NA? I want to love this car and have every intention of driving it for a very long time(many of my previous cars I drove to well in excess of 300k miles) but I am nearly downright sick about it at the moment. Aside from the Passat this is my first experience with a modern diesel that has “had the fix.” Any words of wisdom, suggestions, recommendations, criticisms would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys(and gals!)