johnlewis51

TDI
2009 jetta wagon
hi picking up 1st tdi on sat it is a 2009 jetta wagon got 280 k on it but told they are good for over 500k so thought i would introduce myself cause i am sure i will be looking for help

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Awesome. Welcome to the community.
Search for any questions you have, it's a very powerful tool, even more than asking right off the bat, but feel free to ask anyways if you have any questions. We all started somewhere and just remeber to have a thick skin here sometimes, especially for me!
A few things.
These engines get to 500k+ if you do the following
Keep up on all proper oem or better maintenance.or live in russia! Is joke yes?!

#1 Timing belt kit
#2 All fluids, filters and rubber belts and inspect hoses.
Use oem spec equivalent fluids (that's actually important on these).
#3 tires are 1st upgrade, not a tune, then suspention and breaking and learning how to drive. I recommend autocross. Do all these things before you even think of tuning or modifying for power.

Have fun passing gas stations!
Got any pictures of the ride?

johnlewis51

TDI
2009 jetta wagon
no pics yet,i get it on sat. looks pretty good some rust and paint flaking around wheels but talking to previous owner seems like well maintained and drives real good no lights on dash