New Member with a 98 Red NB TDI

wort

TDI
98 VW Beetle
the deer sucks, but the teddy, now thats classy. :) and why is the vw emblem upside down? just noticed it

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Headlights are easy, but buy new buckets! We couldn't get the lights to sit flush, we tried for hours. The old buckets had so much crap buildup and bent tabs and the like that it wasn't working. With new buckets the lights slide in, lock and are perfectly flush with the car. PM GarretrSR5, he can get you a set.

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
How easy was the headlight to install? I been thinking about thoses. Did you install the leveling motors too?
As far as the HID conversion, I threw out the OEM VW Ballasts which are notorious for heating up and dying and bought these.
You need two electrical housings, 6R0973735, and 4 matching repair wires.
Ran low beam + to the ballast and ground. Then ran high beam + to the solenoid which dips the shield to make high beams. Works wonderfully and it took minimum effort.

Headlights are easy, but buy new buckets! We couldn't get the lights to sit flush, we tried for hours. The old buckets had so much crap buildup and bent tabs and the like that it wasn't working. With new buckets the lights slide in, lock and are perfectly flush with the car. PM GarretrSR5, he can get you a set.
Truth. When I was doing the repairs after demolishing the deer I replaced the headlight buckets. Everything sits properly.
Now if I could only align my damn hood....