New Member and Jetta Here

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Hello All,

Just purchased a 2010 Jetta 2.0 6 speed manual. I recently gave up on my Audi A3, as was tired of putting in the premium fuel into it every week.

My Jetta as 150K on it and I doubt the timing belt has ever been changed, at what km range should the belt be changed ?

Second question, I like to do my own oil changes. Can I use the same oil as I used to use in the A3. Castrol Syntec 5W40 and how frequent should I change the oil ?

Cheers
Colin

30_Yr_Dsl_Veteran

banned Ric Woodruff alias account and troll
TDI
2009 Jetta
I assume 150K means km. It needs to be changed at 176km.

Any DIESEL rated oil is good. Like Mobil 1 5W-40 diesel, Chevron Delo 400 synthetic, Shell Rotella Synthetic. All of those are better than Syntec.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
What KM's should the belt be done at? You just bought the car so get it done.

Check our Shell Rotella T6, very popular here.

Good riddance to the A3 eh?

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Thanks for the reply.

Yes good riddance to the A3, was never a real fan of that car. Fun car to drive but the costs of repair and maintenance was BIG. I'm not a big guy 5'10" and found it difficult to be getting in and out of.

Looking forward to my first TDi and already thinking some mods.

Happy to find this site also.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the reply.

Yes good riddance to the A3, was never a real fan of that car. Fun car to drive but the costs of repair and maintenance was BIG. I'm not a big guy 5'10" and found it difficult to be getting in and out of.

Looking forward to my first TDi and already thinking some mods.

Happy to find this site also.

Between this site, google and myturbodiesel.com is all you need :p

You should look at getting the Timing belt done if you don't know when and who did it last time. Also, the timing belt job requires the water pump (metal impellar), new bolts/seals and rollers FYI.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Your car calls for 507.00 oil for both lubrication and chemical composition friendly to your DPF. If that version of Syntec (now called EDGE) is 507.00 it is OK to use. Otherwise you can get oil from Precision Tuning, Brian at Roseland, and some oils at CTC are 507.00 - thread here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=395208

As above, get your timing belt changed too.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
gahh, I didn't notice his car is a 2010, nevermind the Shell recommendation. Listen to Windex