New Malone kit for 2.0l TDI at SOWO

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
So I wasn't there, but I saw it on Malone's Facebook page. Claims it to be a plug & play kit that will get 200-280hp out of the 2.0l TDI :D:D

Can't wait to hear more details about it!

sprinks

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta tdi (gone); now mk7 gti
Ha. I remember you mentioned this not too long ago in another thread buzz and then later when i went to re-read it that you may have removed the mention about it. I thought something good was in the works and i have to say, that is pretty cool.

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Ha. I remember you mentioned this not too long ago in another thread buzz and then later when i went to re-read it that you may have removed the mention about it. I thought something good was in the works and i have to say, that is pretty cool.

This kit is the result of a lot of hard work.

Last edited:

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
..on the good ole GTB2056VK no less. Either 3D printing material has come a long way or that exhaust manifold is prototype :)

BuzzKen

TDI
Prototype printed for the show. 1756, 2056, 2260 are all options. Clutch will obviously be needed unless you are DSG.

camboscams

TDI
2014 JSW Stg 2 Malone, CP3 HPFP
Prototype printed for the show. 1756, 2056, 2260 are all options. Clutch will obviously be needed unless you are DSG.
What are the DSG limits with something like this and when do you have to go to upgraded clutch packs? I am DSG and I'm curious because this looks very enticing! I assume a fuel pump upgrade would be needed for this sweet setup?

BuzzKen

TDI
What are the DSG limits with something like this and when do you have to go to upgraded clutch packs? I am DSG and I'm curious because this looks very enticing! I assume a fuel pump upgrade would be needed for this sweet setup?

We will find out. I'm not worried about the DSG limits at all. Working on the fuel pump limits.

aullein

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6Speed Manual
Ken is it the sole reason of the different shaped ports or is there more to why nothing aftermarket like the other cr's is available for the NMS ??

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon; 2010 Golf Wagon
This sounds pretty interesting to say the least... many details to talk about mr buzzken! have a safe drive back.

BuzzKen

TDI
Ken is it the sole reason of the different shaped ports or is there more to why nothing aftermarket like the other cr's is available for the NMS ??
There are some euro turbos that would work as an upgrade. Proably a little pipe fabwork would be needed though.

Raychem

TDI
Golf
We will find out. I'm not worried about the DSG limits at all. Working on the fuel pump limits.
Glad to know that someone is developing or is in the process of developing a turbo kit in the U.S.. Not taking away from others who have already done so. I would be a future customer for you and Malone for both the turbo kit, exhaust, and tuning.

Now, my questions as it has been discussed before on previous threads and here is the DSG. I am a transmission builder by trade and have done numerous Dodge, Chevy, and Ford diesel transmissions. I do have a vey good understanding on the principles of it all. I am also aware that there have been a number of high hp gas DSG units running factory setups that have seemed to work. That have used upgraded clutches only to go back to stock. Know I do not expect these people to tell us there secret. But VW DSG units are fairly straight forward.

My opinion at this time is the crazy prices that upgraded clutches fetch! The DSG is nothing more a simple dual clutch manual with a mechatronic valve body. NOW I am simplifying it here. People can search Google. How will Malone address the reprogram of the DSG TCM and the reprogramming of the mechatronic. Not saying that he does not know what he is doing or that the reprogramming is not worth it. I just want to know what he does. Are there increases in line pressure? Clutch overlap and application rates? Using better clutches does not solve issues. It can address a particular issue but not all of the problems. On the units I work on, there are various areas that are addressed as a whole.
I hate to invest in a product capable of 500 ft lbs of torque but be limited to 350. That is quite a bit left on the table unused. And if I did a turbo kit on my car it will be for the most power that I can shoot for. As noted, until fueling issues are solved we will be limited. It still leaves me with the issue of a concise asnswer on how to address the DSG question. That is what will be done to "beef them up."

Thanks and look forward to your response.
Richard

Raychem

TDI
Golf
Glad to know that someone is developing or is in the process of developing a turbo kit in the U.S.. Not taking away from others who have already done so. I would be a future customer for you and Malone for both the turbo kit, exhaust, and tuning.

Now, my questions as it has been discussed before on previous threads and here is the DSG. I am a transmission builder by trade and have done numerous Dodge, Chevy, and Ford diesel transmissions. I do have a vey good understanding on the principles of it all. I am also aware that there have been a number of high hp gas DSG units running factory setups that have seemed to work. That have used upgraded clutches only to go back to stock. Know I do not expect these people to tell us there secret. But VW DSG units are fairly straight forward.

My opinion at this time is the crazy prices that upgraded clutches fetch! The DSG is nothing more a simple dual clutch manual with a mechatronic valve body. NOW I am simplifying it here. People can search Google. How will Malone address the reprogram of the DSG TCM and the reprogramming of the mechatronic. Not saying that he does not know what he is doing or that the reprogramming is not worth it. I just want to know what he does. Are there increases in line pressure? Clutch overlap and application rates? Using better clutches does not solve issues. It can address a particular issue but not all of the problems. On the units I work on, there are various areas that are addressed as a whole.
I hate to invest in a product capable of 500 ft lbs of torque but be limited to 350. That is quite a bit left on the table unused. And if I did a turbo kit on my car it will be for the most power that I can shoot for. As noted, until fueling issues are solved we will be limited. It still leaves me with the issue of a concise asnswer on how to address the DSG question. That is what will be done to "beef them up."

Thanks and look forward to your response.
Richard

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
This is not a DSG thread but I'll answer some of your questions - Malone has been doing DSG tunes for many years with tons of success, Yes it covers most or all of what you're asking about, clamp loads, rates, and more.

We're not advertising 500ft-lbs... 400 is reasonable and there are multiple DSG cars running around making 400.

Last edited:

Raychem

TDI
Golf
This is not a DSG thread but I'll answer some of your questions - Malone has been doing DSG tunes for many years with tons of success, Yes it covers most or all of what you're asking about, clamp loads, rates, and more.

We're not advertising 500ft-lbs... 400 is reasonable and there are multiple DSG cars running around making 400.
I have seen you on Comp Diesel and I know you are a knowledgeable person on the TDI's. I know this is not a DSG thread and do not mean to derail it but it is a valid question and one which is a scarce topic on this board. A product is being developed or being put out to market and I want to know how the DSG will be addressed. It has already been brought to light in this thread. For example, will there be more than one DSG program based on application lets say versus a stock turbo application. Just wanna shed some light on the topic that is all. With any increase in power drivetrian will need to be addressed.

radoroc

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf
I wonder if there will a new dsg tune to raise the torque limit and for additional clamping force etc.