New Lawn Tractor! What oil to use?

highhilltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta GLS
Sounds sweet. Thats a pretty big mower. Wish there was a diesel in a smaller size...
At 18 HP in a Lawn tractor you're looking at the baby Kubota! Check out Kubota's web page. I just bought one of the smaller (smaller is relative) Kubota's - a BX2200 with a 60" mower deck and front end loader - it is classified as a Sub-Compact tractor - or a garden tractor on steroids. I got it to be able to clear snow from my nearly vertical driveway and cut the lawn - ditto for taking care of my parents house on the other side of town.

MCA
We have a 2003 Kubota L3130 riding on R4's with a 72" finish mower and front end loader. also all my other 3pt attachments, tiller, middle buster, backhoe, ect.

I love it, previously my neighbor had a early 90's 30hp kubota, but its nowhere as nice as this one. digital display, HST transmission, all the goodies.
The L's are very nice, I think I'm going to shoot for one next spring. What's crazy is my B is worth about what I paid for it five years ago. This compact tractor market is silly. The L's are a bargain compared to the B's IMHO.

BTW, do you ever get through Culpeper, VA? There's a truck down there I'm interested in.

Lightman

Veteran Member
It's strange. The owners manual for the engine of my lawn tractor has the range I posted above, including 10w-40 oils and straight 40 wt. The dipstick has printed on it, 10w-30 or 30 weight. I just don't want to put the 0w40 in there and have it be too heavy for it.... what do you guys think? My lawn isn't huge, so it doesn't really get that much of a workout. I've cut the lawn twice and the hourmeter hasn't even moved off 0 yet, lol!

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
I just bought a used Noma with a 12hp Briggs and it reccommended a 5w30 or 10w30 synthetic. The funny part is its over 10 years old !