New here

Tomc983

TDI
Bew
Hey I’m stumped and in need of some help. I have a 04 bew tdi I’ll be cruising along and it will sputter like a misfire and then continue driving normal the rpms don’t move when it happens and the only code I have is a 2564. A friend told me to replace the vnt witch I ordered but before I pull it off is there anything else I can look at it

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
Does it sputter under load? When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? Hook up a vacuum pump with gauge, mitivac is what I use, actuator should start moving 3-4hng and stop at 18…another common problem is the wiring on the smart actuator does go bad.

Tomc983

TDI
Bew
Does it sputter under load? When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? Hook up a vacuum pump with gauge, mitivac is what I use, actuator should start moving 3-4hng and stop at 18…another common problem is the wiring on the smart actuator does go bad.
It seems to do it more under 80mph if I go over 80 it dose not happen I’ll try the vac today

MukGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD
I have same '04 and it would sputter. mostly showed on my daily uphill grade home at 65-70mph. One day it surfaced so badly I couldn't make it home ended up being the connections at the injectors. Re-crimped the female ends connected and problem went away completely.