New England Dyno Day 2012 (NEDD12) information

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
PayPal Sent. I've got to talk to Jeff and see if he wants me to get data for a retune on the dyno. If so I'll sign up for another slot.

dieseljunkie

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat TDI wagon
I just got confirmation from Mrs. (a.k.a.: BonJonBart) that Pay-Pal refunds (if the event isn't held) are also not hit for the fee.
I'm getting nervous, there are just three plus me that have sent payment, and I need 10 paid by Saturday night. I'm composing a post to go on Vortex to open this to that group also.
Once I have 10 paid by midnight Sat/Sun the dyno day is a go. Once I have 20 paid, and you aren't one of those 20, you are out, regardless of how early you stated you wanted in.
I believe refunds are 100%, no fee, does not matter if it was sent as product/ service or gift.

If sent as product/ service, there is a 3.2% fee. The advantage is you get buyer protection from paypal if the product or service is not as described.

If sent as gift, no buyer protection.

I see no reason to send the payment as product or service, unless you need buyer protection, and Paypal get a 3.2% cut and Lugnut get 3.2% less.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I'm IN! :cool:

Where do we send money? PayPal?
Date: Oct 29, 2012
Time: 19:21:22 PDT

Subject: You've got money! N1DAS NEDD12 payment
Note: NEDD12 Payment.

PayPal sent! :cool:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The invitation to participate has now been posted on Vortex as well.

ScottieDucati

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDi/6M
PayPal Sent as well.... hoping to hear back from Jeff... I've been dying to chip this thing for a while now!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I talked to Jeff Wednesday. He'll be there. He may re-tune me as well, first time in almost 5 years for IBW.

Lug_Nut

TDI
Thank you to those that ponied up in advance. The minimum has been met and the event will go on!
There are still times available for more to join.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Still not certain if we will be able to make it up. Glad the minimum was reached, though!

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
hmm... i'm also contemplating the possibility of a re-tune. Will need to think about making the trip up for this one.

Campbellonh

Veteran Member
TDI
formerly:Passat, 96, white and 10 Jetta, white gold
I would like to come to this but have other plans. My husband Jeff wants to go just to get a tune in his new car (the 2010 Jetta), so he will probably head down without me. Which is great! But he doesn't want to go on the dyno. So, what does he need to bring? (I saw -"food for the kitty", but what does that mean?

Lug_Nut

TDI
Food is being provided by Enhanced Street Performance for the participants in the dyno day. Food is not free, but is part of the fee that participants pay.
For those observing or spectating, food will be available, but a donation to ESP to help cover the cost of food you eat will be greatly appreciated.

The deadline for meeting a minimum number has passed, and thanks to those that paid, the event is going to proceed.
There is a maximum limit of 20, but that hasn't been reached yet. There is still time to sign-up, but the 20 count is fast approaching. Don't wait too long.

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDI
Yep, got notice this morning that it was transferred.
Does your Jetta have a functioning tachometer? If so, that can be used instead of the optical pick-up to obtain engine rpm. The tach reading can be matched to a roller speed and used for a conversion rate.
If no tach (and since no spark plugs, no OBD II either) than the last option is the optical.

dieseljunkie

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat TDI wagon
My Jetta does not have a tach from the factory. I have installed a tach myself but the mag pickup was recently smashed (poor mounting on my part :eek:). If I can get a replacement pickup in time, I will have a tach.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm officially backing out. I have to work on Friday morning and all day on Sunday - simply not enough time to get up to New England and back.

Have fun and make sure to get some videos posted on YouTube! :cool: