New Engine Coolant Advice

caspower

TDI
14 Passat TDI DSG
Looking for some coolant advice. My 14 Passat TDI is currently getting its engine replaced after clogging the heater core for the third time within a year. Dealer says VW is replacing every component that was in contact with coolant. The car has about 135000 miles, and is almost out of the emissions warranty. With that said my question to you all is, should I stop VW from install G13 and switch to a Heavy Duty Coolant like Rotella ELC? I plan on having the car tuned and deleted once all the bugs are worked out. I just want to make sure the coolant issue doesn’t start again. Thanks for any recommendations you have.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Tuned and deleted will most likely solve any coolant breaking down issues. No EGR or DPF regens will greatly reduce coolant high heat abuse.

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Looking for some coolant advice. My 14 Passat TDI is currently getting its engine replaced after clogging the heater core for the third time within a year. Dealer says VW is replacing every component that was in contact with coolant. The car has about 135000 miles, and is almost out of the emissions warranty. With that said my question to you all is, should I stop VW from install G13 and switch to a Heavy Duty Coolant like Rotella ELC? I plan on having the car tuned and deleted once all the bugs are worked out. I just want to make sure the coolant issue doesn’t start again. Thanks for any recommendations you have.
G13 works OK in my ‘14 after the heater core replacement and deletes.
I installed a glass fuel filter with white mesh insert before my degas bottle, and after cleaning it a few times it stays pretty clean now. Also, the PH of the coolant has been pretty steady now that the delete was done last year. Car had 30,000 when deleted, and now has almost 45,000 miles on it now.

caspower

TDI
14 Passat TDI DSG
Thanks for the feedback, so basically with G13, faster it's deleted the less problem it will become.

I like the filter idea may look into adding one myself.

Tom in PT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat sedan - SOLD; 2013 Passat DSG; both purchased new
Someone here suggested using Ford 6.7 diesel coolant. I might try that, after a thorough flush first. I am not deleting/rawtek etc. 41K miles and one new heater core a couple years ago.