New Dyno Results For JettaGirl's PD With DieselPower Products

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
PapaBare said:
And for Sarah and all of the other "Moms" out there, remember to drive safely on the streets! Those little packages are our future!

The "Dads" should also pay heed to this.
Well said, PapaBare! This is why I keep all my racing on the track.:D Hope to see ya in the spring!

E-Z Wood

Veteran Member
hey jetta girl, you said these mods lowered your 1/4 mile time by like three seconds. what was your time before like 19 seconds? i was just wondering because i took my 06 5spd with the 17's with the stock 225/45 continentals. and i think i ran a mid seventeen. but that's here in arizona at firebird raceway. i don't know the elevation, that may come into play, but yea just wondering.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
E-Z Wood said:
hey jetta girl, you said these mods lowered your 1/4 mile time by like three seconds. what was your time before like 19 seconds? i was just wondering because i took my 06 5spd with the 17's with the stock 225/45 continentals. and i think i ran a mid seventeen. but that's here in arizona at firebird raceway. i don't know the elevation, that may come into play, but yea just wondering.
Hmmm... That's interesting... Did you get a time slip? My stock times were 19.3 to 19.5. With the Digi-PD wireless box, I was mid to high 17's. I usually dialed in at 17.5 to 17.8 seconds. With the Digi-PD Pro-wired box, my dial in's were 16.5 to 16.8. Now, with the TPC unit and the pro-wired box, my best time so far is 16.34.

I don't know, but it doesn't seem that elevation would make a 2 second difference. When I raced in Boise, ID, my times were less than a second off from my usual times.

Let me know if you have your time slip, I would be interested in knowing what your trap speed was...

Maybe the big difference is that I'm just a sucky driver...LOL... :D

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
DPM said:
Ed, isn't boost controlled by a closed-loop system? If so, all extra fuel can do is increase the rate-of-rise of boost; the N75 is still going to pull it back down to requested...
I can see Ed's setup working very much like the/my older wg plus bleed/boostcontroller system......and yes your right about the pulling back to requested , but if requested has now been changed and certain pieces of hardware have been put in place one would have know problems in attaining what ever boost level / fuel and timing that is required.

E-Z Wood

Veteran Member
jetta-girl said:
Hmmm... That's interesting... Did you get a time slip? My stock times were 19.3 to 19.5. With the Digi-PD wireless box, I was mid to high 17's. I usually dialed in at 17.5 to 17.8 seconds. With the Digi-PD Pro-wired box, my dial in's were 16.5 to 16.8. Now, with the TPC unit and the pro-wired box, my best time so far is 16.34.

I don't know, but it doesn't seem that elevation would make a 2 second difference. When I raced in Boise, ID, my times were less than a second off from my usual times.

Let me know if you have your time slip, I would be interested in knowing what your trap speed was...

Maybe the big difference is that I'm just a sucky driver...LOL... :D
Unfortunately i do not. it was about a year ago when i went. but i should probably go again to see if the increased miles opened up the engine any. i'll admit i may have embelished a tenth or two, i think the times were a consistant 17.76 or maybe 17.79 but it has been a year and i don't have the best memory. when i do go again i will be sure to post the slips or slip of my best run.
unfortunately not too many people are posting info about the mkv jettas, i appreciate you keeping us informed of what you are doing, and letting us know how the modifications that you are doing to your car turn out. especially since i am so new to the whole diesel thing that i am not sure what i would want to do to my own car. but the two mods that you have listed(digipd, and tpc) are both something that i have been considering because of the whole warranty thing. so i think just as soon as i get off my lazy butt and get another job i'll haveto put some serious thoughts into what i am gonna be doing with my car. Thanks alot and keep us posted on everything you are doing with your car.

jrplane

digi pro wire

After pm'ing jetta girl about the box I bought it, WOW!!!!!!

I dont race, on the track, But out here in the country I have my own little drag strip. Between my two favorite poles...
Stock my tdi would run 72 mph.
digi on F I get 99- 100 mph

top speed stock (on the speedo) 109
digi on F 131 and I run out of courage and road

I have a scan gage it shows MAP so you can read your boost, stock was 15-15.5psi now digi on F 19-19.5psi.

The digi pro wireless gets my vote, It well worth the money !!!
Jeff

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
jrplane said:

I dont race, on the track, But out here in the country I have my own little drag strip. Between my two favorite poles...

I have a scan gage it shows MAP so you can read your boost, stock was 15-15.5psi now digi on F 19-19.5psi.

Jeff

:D Glad you like it! But be careful... It's hard to stop at just the tuning box, the TPC gives a bit more power:)

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
jrplane said:

Jeff
That is great, glad you like it!