New Color for NB

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I was recently in Berlin. The German market has the NB in Ruby. Looks great.

If VW added a new interior color, ruby would be first on my list. The white, black, and silver exterior in particular would look great in it.

The one I saw in Berlin had a black interior. Really sharp.

------------------
BeetleGo, bye-bye

ThinkDiesel

Veteran Member
Yeah Orange would be cool! My parents original 1974 super beetle was Orange and it had the big motor and that clutchless stickshift tranny.. it was rad!

Oh, and BTW

The spark of perfect and divine light in me recognizes the spark of perfect and divine light in you and in all beings, too

------------------
ThinkDiesel

1999.5 Jetta GL TDI

BeetleGo

TDI
Something tells me that last comment has something to do with Earl here. I don't get it. What's the reference?

I don't think I could get behind orange, but that's just me. I drive a white one for chrissake. Now, if VW wanted to put out another 'Sun Bug' I could relate. M&M green would work too. I've seen some pretty good examples of the accordian style full sunroof too. Now they're made of kevlar, so a lot more theftproof.

Anyway, I've heard that we'll have the original colors through 2000, and then see new colors in '01. If you'll remember, Beetles came in basically 6 colors and every year that had 'featured colors' - or something like that. In Mexico, each year they feature a color - one. Every six years, they build the red ones, for example.

------------------
BeetleGo, bye-bye

eauboy

Earl Scheib is a pretty wide-spread auto-painting company. Sort of like saying "Uh-oh, better get Maaco!"

Now isn't that clear as mud!

ntn

Earl Scheib franchise is in the west coast. Why would anyone want to bring his/her brand new prize to Earl. It's ok to bring your 70's or 80's cars for a cheap paint job. Let me tell you, they're the worst - they don't even use masking tape at all.

BeetleGo

TDI
Hi,

I just got this from Beetle Buzz:
http://www.beetlebuzz.com/news1.html

Two new colors are slated to appear next year for the NB. SpiraL and Think, you'll be interested to know that ORANGE is definitely in your future.

On a side note, I just got my car back from it's 20k checkup. The rattle in my hatch is finally, FINALLY gone! Still waiting on the third stereo, but VW is saying that they're in the process of engineering a Panasonic to fit in the chassy and will take a while longer before it's available.

Otherwise, no complaints. Love the car.

------------------
BeetleGo, crazy

Craig Blum

The ruby colour is "canyon red" - a great pearescent colour that is on the brown side of red in the sunlight and with shades towards cherry red rather than purple or pink. In cloudy weather it looks ruby. Looks good on Golf IV's too.