New changes for 2012 Jetta TDI

jnmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta, '13 JSW
I was just on VW's (US) site and for fun went thru the build and price for my car. I was surprised to see that my exact car was now $2000 cheaper AND included the following standard features that I did not get.

"Thatcham" wheel locks
Leather-wrapped, multi-function steering wheel with shifter paddles (for DSG® automatic)
Sunglasses holder
Heater, electric auxiliary

There might have been some others, but those definitely stand out, especially the shifter paddles.

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6 speed (Bought Back)
Your TDI should have the wheel locks, leather steering wheel with mfd

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
Technically its slightly smaller if you read the dimensions. Not a true full size spare

jnmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta, '13 JSW
Your TDI should have the wheel locks, leather steering wheel with mfd
It has leather steering wheel with Audio controls only. No MFD as I'm not aware of any '11+ sedan having that on the wheel. And there are definitely no paddle shifters.

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
It has leather steering wheel with Audio controls only. No MFD as I'm not aware of any '11+ sedan having that on the wheel. And there are definitely no paddle shifters.
It doesnt have the previouse "full" mfd but it still has one compared to say the s or se. those jettas dont have the MPG, avg spd, etc....

jnmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta, '13 JSW
Yes, mine has a limited mfd with controls on the wiper stalk, not on the steering wheel. It does have wheel locks too. I didnt realize the black hex heads were just plastic caps over the wheel bolts. I took them off as it looks better without them.
The dealer is replacing my overhead with the sunglass holder as a warrant claim since it is falling off. See my other post.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
agreed,

Didn't know they cut the wheel locks from the 2011, I'll sell mine to anyone who wants them with the lock key and plastic covers as well, PM if anyones interested.

It's nice the newer ones are getting the MFSW again, I love mine.

jnmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta, '13 JSW
Wouldn't this refer to the electric defroster my 2011 has for the front windscreen?
I don't think my 2012 has anything like this except on the rear window. I have traditional defrost like all other cars. Blows air from the AC and you can add heat when the car warms up. I do have some kind of washer nozel heaters that I guess will spray warmed washer fluid on the windshield in the winter.

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
There are tons of errors on the VW site.

For the 2011 Jetta sedan TDI it said it had hydraulic steering - it doesn't.

My '11 has wheel locks - one on each wheel and the keyed socket is in the trunk.

Also has the electric aux heater - it is similar to a hair dryer element - blows luke warm air on cold days - I turn my heat selector full right with a cold engine and get some warmth.

The others (paddles and MFD controls on steering wheel)- hmmmm - I think those might be errors.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
There are tons of errors on the VW site.

For the 2011 Jetta sedan TDI it said it had hydraulic steering - it doesn't.
It doesn't have electro hydraulic similar to the mk5s and the sportwagens?

just because it's driven by an electric pump vs the serpeinteine belt, doesn't mean it's not a hydraulic system

chittychittybangbang

Veteran Member
TDI
none
just because it's driven by an electric pump vs the serpeinteine belt, doesn't mean it's not a hydraulic system
There should be no steering fluid in your 2010 or 2011+ models, all TDI use electric power steering. It's a motor on the steering rack...unless you got a special model ;)

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI

WRONG

Mk5 power steering is electric servo, there are NO hydraulics involved.

All of the Mk5's used electric servo power steering regardless of engine. It is with the new (2011+) Jetta that there is a difference between the steering systems depending on what engine is in the vehicle.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
my sister just signed the deal on a 2012 highline tdi jetta in white gold....Things to note, real leather is free (500 + on the car price) for highlines in canada, fender system honestly isnt much better then my premium 8 i didnt think, but man i wish i got the nav system now lol :(......Also not real keen on the cluster change where they moved the numbers and slashes...but the up shift reminder is kinda cool but might be annoying to tho lol. Checked the spare its still full sized...however my buddy said the passat is smaller spare to account for the urea tank....New push start button is cool but i like mine all the same. Hope she likes hers as much as i do mine..oh and she got manual to lol

nittany1

TDI
2012 VW Jetta TDI
My 2012 has a half MFD and no shifter paddles. I do like the heated seats and sunroof though. I like how it drives, firm but not harsh, and of course the mpg. I also like how you can laze along on torque and barely any rpm. I leave my half MFD on average mpg.