new bew glow plugs

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
i think these are the ones that the dealer installs. Why don't you just go to the dealer and get the work done for free?

zukvw

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle, 04 jetta pd
it may just be me, but every time i go to the dealership, all i hear dollarsigns going out the window....nothing is ever free, especially there....has anyone actually tried these out, they look like they would solve the old ceramic troubles???? i may just guinnie pig up on this one....

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
I had the update done by the dealer and it cost me nothing. So have many other members.

Much like any business, they will try to sell you something. McDonalds asks you if you'd like an apple pie with your combo. Just say no. No reason to get upset over them trying to make a couple bucks by offering you something.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
it may just be me, but every time i go to the dealership, all i hear dollarsigns going out the window....nothing is ever free, especially there....has anyone actually tried these out, they look like they would solve the old ceramic troubles???? i may just guinnie pig up on this one....
I have them in my unflashed BEW and they are working fine so far.

halocline

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta Wagon
I would trust your instincts and stay away from the dealer, unless they let you watch them take the old bosch ceramics out. If they don't pull four complete ones out, you can have all sorts of fun arguing with them about who's paying for the head removal.

If they're reasonable. they might go for the idea of giving you the plugs, letting you remove and install them, then they do the ECU flash and GP control module.