New Beetle TDI, best vehicle I've ever driven!!

Manny

New Beetle TDI, best vehicle I\'ve ever driven!!

Just picked up my loaded (mosoon, auto, moonroof, luxury and cold weather packages) NB TDI saturday morning. I immediatly headed out of town on a 225 mile round trip. The car drove like a dream and I keep finding more things to like about it. Every feature but one (drink holders with any thing but a short drink) is so well though out and executed. Some serious brain sweat went into this car and the result is supurb. The balance of sportiness, style, comfort, performance, economy and relative practicality easily makes it the best vehicle I've ever driven let alone owned. My only regret is it took me so long to discover this car. Count me as one very happy and satisfied owner.
Manny

Dorado

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI, 2002, Cool White
Re: New Beetle TDI, best vehicle I\'ve ever driven!!

We agree! We love everything about our NB TDI!

Believe me, it will get even better when you get past the first 1000-1500 miles, especially if you use some biodiesel (high cetane, no sulfur, and unmatched lubricity), and if you put in a good full synthetic CH-4 diesel oil at 5k. Our NB TDI (5600 miles) is now running amazingly well on biodiesel and Mobil Delvac 1.

Enjoy your NB TDI!

PitchPeach

I totally agree! I sometimes get hallucinated when I look at my own beetle, thinking "what a pretty car.. whose is it?"

I come from Korea, the country of Hyundai whose reputation, I hope, is getting better recently(hey, not many countries possess the technology to produce automobiles... it's indeed a great feat!). Shortly after I came to Michigan last year, there was indeed a debate between some major auto makers in Korea; Hyundai was pushing to produce diesel-powered compact cars for the domestic market, while others(Daewoo and RenaultSamsung - it produces Nissan Maxima clones called SM5 for the Korean market) insisted they were hazardous to the environment, and they never got to the market. I hope they learn some lessons from this page!

Enjoy your NB TDI!

flair.14

Veteran Member
TDI
02 black Bora

NB is a real cool car! It is way more roomy than it appears. The cup holders on the Jetta/Golf are in a different position than the NB but it isn't any better. A drink blocks out control of the radio so I guess the NB layout isn't all bad! What are you going to do with the flower holder? I chuckled a while back when I realized the NB had a flower holder and comes with a flower. I am interested on what NB owners do with it.

BTW, the new Hyundai Tiberon looks like a winner. This car will not do anything but help out Hyundai's image.

pkagel

Veteran Member
TDI
02Jetta

gotta agree, pretty sweet looking car and btw, my father always had them as winter cars in michigan and they performed flawlesly and never seemed to rust unlike the american cars

Originally posted by flair.14:
BTW, the new Hyundai Tiberon looks like a winner. This car will not do anything but help out Hyundai's image.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Dorado

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI, 2002, Cool White

I am interested on what NB owners do with it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We still have the flower the dealer put in, and we both love it. It's a nice touch and a throwback to the Original Beetle, and to happy times, when purchasing a vehicle was something very special, and dealers used to give flowers to the wife when a new car was bought.

Manny

I rememeber a scene in one of my favorite movies, "Murphy's Romance" where Murphy (James Garner) is extolling the virtues of his pride & joy Model A Ford and mentions "a chrystal vase for a flower" as one such highlight. Kind of a throwback to more elegant times.
Manny

spongebob

Veteran Member
TDI
Not anymore.

Glad you love your NB! Aren't VWs great? So many cool little features you just don't find on other cars, the TDI mileage & style is just icing on the cake.

Congrats!