New Audi A3 TDI owner here

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I have been lurking for a while and as of today I just drove home my first Audi. A Ibis White a3 Premium plus TDI sportwagen.

So far I drove it home and clayed it completely, polished and sealed it with Wolfgang high gloss sealant. I did buy the Audi care but passed on the extended warranty option.

pushgears

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI
Congrats! The white must look great after your detailing. Any photos? I am waiting on my 2012 which is scheduled to arrive in mid June.

maroonfrog1

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI S-Line 2011
You'll love it

My A3 TDI is an '11 S-Line, Ibis white as well. I've never owned a white car in my life - but now that I do - I wonder why I waited this long! Love it -- you'll love yours too.

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Sorry for the low res I phone photos in the garage but this is all I did for now. Ill get some decent shots outside later. Its basically stock premium plus TDI with the windows tinted.

CRdeesl

TDI
2012 a3 tdi
She's a beauty!

Bill
agreed, looks very nice. That's one of the first '12s i've seen without roof rails; looks clean. Although i like the mounting options for roof racks when the rails are there.

What did you choose for your tint (brand, % emitted)? I'm looking to do mine in the next few months and am doing some research. I've heard good things about Johnson Insulatir but am looking around.

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
agreed, looks very nice. That's one of the first '12s i've seen without roof rails; looks clean. Although i like the mounting options for roof racks when the rails are there.

What did you choose for your tint (brand, % emitted)? I'm looking to do mine in the next few months and am doing some research. I've heard good things about Johnson Insulatir but am looking around.
I can't say that I did a whole lot of research on tinting, but we do have 1-2 really nice tint shops locally with great reviews. About 6-7 months ago I bought a new 2012 Jetta TDI and I took it to one of the shops for a tint job because it was SO hot with the completely untainted windows. The respected dealer carries 3m and I picked the higher end tint that they carried at that time in 35%. The 3m model I used is lifetime warranty product and is called CS which I think stood for color stable. Meaning no purple color in a year. That car looks great and has not had any bubbles or problems of any kind.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...cts/Automotive/Color_Stable_Automotive_Films/

It also is not metallic so it doesn't interfere with radio devices sirius or gps etc.
so when I got this new Audi I went back to them. They charged $289 for the Jetta and the Audi a3. They now offer a much higher end tint that was like $460 and it was a lot less tinted in color but offered more heat and UV rejection. In the end I didnt think it was worth the nearly double price so I opted for the same cs35% again. So far so good. Great heat rejection etc and it looks nice too