New 2015 White Golf TDI S

mtnhouse

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Hi Guys,
For one year I've been re-searching if TDI or a Prius is the right commuter car for me. I commute about 120 miles a day. Mostly freeway driving. Going home a lot stop and go traffic. On weekends my family are always doing long driving. My 07 civic has 250k. You can tell I drive a lot :) The civic will eventually will go to my son so its also time to get a new commuter.
The Golf TDI is my first VW and my first diesel car. I hope the MKVII will serve me good. Im really happy with the car. I love the torque :), steering wheel and the interior of the car. The stereo system is pretty cool. BT, media slot with sirius xm. Just the stereo system is making my commute easy :D So far Im averaging 55mpg really happy with the MPG.
I want to ask everybody's opinion about warranty. Is it worth it to buy a extended warranty? I paid $2200 to extend the bumper to bumper warranty to 100k or 5years. I was not going to buy it but the sales person said i can cancel within a year and they will return all the money i paid. I'm thinking I will cancel it and just buy it before my 36k warranty expires. Appreciate all the reply. thanks oh here are some pics of my baby
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ZbLMsiP_0yMFlQR1hIQk1heG8/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ZbLMsiP_0yLXVSaGdSa3BZNG8/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ZbLMsiP_0yTEhoVmlIUE5wdlk/edit?usp=sharing

FreezingInSask

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK6 TDI
Hi Guys,
For one year I've been re-searching if TDI or a Prius is the right commuter car for me. I commute about 120 miles a day. Mostly freeway driving. Going home a lot stop and go traffic. On weekends my family are always doing long driving. My 07 civic has 250k. You can tell I drive a lot :) The civic will eventually will go to my son so its also time to get a new commuter.
The Golf TDI is my first VW and my first diesel car. I hope the MKVII will serve me good. Im really happy with the car. I love the torque :), steering wheel and the interior of the car. The stereo system is pretty cool. BT, media slot with sirius xm. Just the stereo system is making my commute easy :D So far Im averaging 55mpg really happy with the MPG.
I want to ask everybody's opinion about warranty. Is it worth it to buy a extended warranty? I paid $2200 to extend the bumper to bumper warranty to 100k or 5years. I was not going to buy it but the sales person said i can cancel within a year and they will return all the money i paid. I'm thinking I will cancel it and just buy it before my 36k warranty expires. Appreciate all the reply. thanks oh here are some pics of my baby

[/QUOTE]
Sorry I hate clicking links lol. Also sorry to anyone with a slow internet connection, them are some big pictures.
Looks good I was gonna go with white, any plans for tint?

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the family.

If your warranty is a VW Drive Easy contract, you in fact have just 60 days to flat cancel for a 100% return. Longer then the 60 days, there is a $50 cancel fee and a pro-rated return.

If you included this into your payments, you will not get the cash back right away, however, a credit towards the end of your retail contract.

My price vs the $2200 offered price is $1636 and no sales ax if outside of NJ.

Here is my thread on the warranty.

Here are the Jetta sedans, Jetta Sportwagen, and Golf TDI's

NEW RATES EFFECTIVE Jan 03, 2014

Chris here from Burlington VW in Burlington, NJ

The VW Drive Easy extended service contracts have changed as of Jan 01,2008
They have now combined the new car extension w/ the used car extension and
have come up w/ one main plan.

Now the time starts the day you sign up and the miles you choose are on top
of what you allready have!

They still have the same verbage in the new contract as far as coverages
that will be explained here:

> Allthough I am open to all coverages, I would reccomend the Platinum
> coverage as it is an exclusionary warranty vs an inclusiuonary warranty!

>
> These quotes are w/ a std $100 deductible.
>
> Should you want a $0 deductible, please add an additional $230-$517
> depending on the terms you choose!
>
The $100 std deductible is per visit, NOT per complaint!
>
> This extended service contract is valid at ANY VW dealer and the dealer
> gets
> paid thru their parts and warranty dept.
>
> This warranty is also valid at authorized shops and they get paid thru a
> credit card.
>
> You are never responsible for more then your deductible!
>
> If you cancel in the first 60 days, it is 100% refundable, after the 60
> days, it costs $50 and the plan will be pro-rated!
>
> To transfer the contract it costs $40!
>
> The warranties I sell are geuine VW warranties. I DO NOT deal in
> aftermarket
> warranty companies! The service contract is backed by VW and fascilitated
> thru Fidelity Warranty Services!
>
>
>
> Here are the coverages:
>
> The Gold covers:
> Engine
> Transmission
> Drive axel
> Steering
> Brakes
> A/C
> Front Suspension
> Electrical
>
>
> The Gold Plus covers all of Gold plus:
> Cooling System
> Fuel System
> A/C system
> Steering
> Front Suspension
> Rear suspension
> Electrical
>
> The Platinum covers all that and the rest of the entire car w/ the
> exception
> of this:
> brake linings,brake drums and rotors,disc brake pads,std trans clutch
> components,air bags,solar powered devices,hinges, glass, lenses,sealed
> beams,trim moldings,door handles, lock cylinders,tires, batteries, light
> bulbs,upholstery, paint,bright metal,freeze plugs,heater and radiator
> hoses,exhaust systems,shock absorbers,audio,security or other systems not
> factory installed, work such as front end alignment or wheel balancing,
> constant velocity joint boots, safety restraint systems,cellular
> phones,electronis transmitting devices{except those specifically listed
> under silver, gold, or gold plus coverage},radar detectors,appliances,near
> object avoidance systemand all oither laser radar cruise control
> components,
> vinyl and convertible tops.

Here are the quotes depending on how many miles are on your Golf or Jetta TDI

Please note that this contract starts from the day you sign up and the
miles
are on top of what you allready havexxxx +

These quotes are vaild until you hit 9999 miles or the end of the year!

4yrs or 100K=$1516

5yrs or 60K=$1115

5yrs or 75K=$1284

6yrs or 60K=$1161

6yrs or 72K=$1368

6yrs or 85K=$1468

5yrs or 100K=$1636

6yrs or 100K=$1742

7yrs or 70K=$1427

7yrs or 100K=$1789

These quotes valid up to 24999 miles

3yrs or 36K=$1212

4yrs or 48K=$1356

4yrs or 60K=$1578

4yrs or 100K=$1877

5yrs or 60K=$1632

5yrs or 75K=$1849

5yrs or 100K=$2285

6yrs or 60K=$1710

6yrs or 72K=$1790

6yrs or 85K=$2107

6yrs or 100K=$2609

7yrs or 100K=$2901

Up to 34999 miles OR the end of the calendar year

2yrs or 24K=$1224

3yrs or 36K=$1464

4yrs or 48K=$1772

4yrs or 60K=$1928

5yrs or 60K=$1979

5yrs or 75K=$2258

6yrs or 60K=$2070

6yrs or 72K=$2297

Last edited:

mtnhouse

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
@freezingInSask sorry dude i cant figure out how to attach a pic :(
@3193 or Chris Thanks, I got the platinum coverage. I will call tomorrow ask them when is the last day to cancel. Do you think its worth getting the extended warranty?

FreezingInSask

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK6 TDI
@freezingInSask sorry dude i cant figure out how to attach a pic :(
@3193 or Chris Thanks, I got the platinum coverage. I will call tomorrow ask them when is the last day to cancel. Do you think its worth getting the extended warranty?
no problem, got you covered:D

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Extended warranty is always a good deal. sometimes for the consumer, most times for the seller.

If you buy the extended warranty, you may get a payoff.

The salesman and the company will always make money.

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
Extended warranty is always a good deal. sometimes for the consumer, most times for the seller.

I agree to a point!

The salesman and the company will always make money.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct. I choose to sell my product at $300 over cost to my dealership. I then make $30.

This is vs. the additional $564 profit his dealer was making and I offer my deal at the 9999 mile mark as to take advantage of the free miles and time extension.

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI

You need the extended warranty whether it "pays off" or not if you plan on keeping the car. My 2006 extended warranty paid for my cam job, about $2500-3000. Whatever it cost, without the warranty I would have sold the car without it. Who knows what costs will arise with these new cars. The MK6 have awfull recurring random $ fits due to hpfp and turbo. Good grief yes get the extended warranty biggest one they have. MK7 may turn out to be very reliable, but maybe not.

Last edited:

cheoah

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta PD, '14 Passat
Not everyone agrees on this but I bought it. I hear people saying that the dealer makes some money on it, which, um, of course they do. Just like the car you just bought. Many have proven it is a good investment for them. It's a personal choice how much risk you can take and how much free cash you have to spend on repairs. If you use credit for big repairs then buy the warranty.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Extended warranty may or may not save you money. It does, however, protect you from a major unexpected cash outlay. I would never buy one, as I think it's a profit maker for the dealer and insurance provider, and I'd rather take a chance on not needing it. Also, it keeps you sharp as a consumer to not overpay for repairs, as the insurance provider for ssamalin's cam job did. Cam replacement on a BRM should cost about $1,000-1,200 including labor, maybe $1,500 with a timing belt replacement.

It might be interesting to take the money that you would spend on an extended warranty and put it in a savings account, and see how much is left after the warranty period.

mtnhouse

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Thanks everybody. Everyone made good points about warranty. Since this is my first diesel, VW and a new tdi engine and not a mechanically inclined guy i think i will take the risk on the extended warranty. Any good shop in Northern California? Any TDI groups in Norcal that do meet and greet?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
what were the epa ratings on this thing? From what I have read the rating increase by several points on the DSG and manual trans car..

EPA ratings have increased by a couple of MPG, but they are still significantly short changing the TDI. Fuelly is starting to report some very impressive numbers on the new TDIs.

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI
Thanks everybody. Everyone made good points about warranty. Since this is my first diesel, VW and a new tdi engine and not a mechanically inclined guy i think i will take the risk on the extended warranty. Any good shop in Northern California? Any TDI groups in Norcal that do meet and greet?
The extended warrantys have shown to be less risky than the dealers and VW who have a sad record of blaming owners (and trying to make them pay) for VW defects and flaws. You got it right. You don't want to have to keep the car past warranty if you don't know what to expect in repair costs, which we won't know for three years at least.

flycaster

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE
Similar situation here having just bought a 2015 TDI SE -- first VW & diesel. A little nervous about potential cost of repairs so I plan to purchase the 7yr/100k platinum plan from Chris just before the car hits the 10k mark. If the car proves reliable, hope to keep it for many more years, otherwise probably sell just before warranty expires.

mtnhouse

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Similar situation here having just bought a 2015 TDI SE -- first VW & diesel. A little nervous about potential cost of repairs so I plan to purchase the 7yr/100k platinum plan from Chris just before the car hits the 10k mark. If the car proves reliable, hope to keep it for many more years, otherwise probably sell just before warranty expires.
Congrats! So far it's going great. do you mind me asking you how much you paid for your platinum plan?

warbird24

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I've had my 2011 TDI that I bought from Chris and it pretty much has been flawless. The only "problem" I have had is the AFTERMARKET rear sway bar I installed that got it's bushings pulverized these past few years. Thankfully I kept the original sway bar, replaced the endlinks and re-installed the old bar, and all is well again.

The car is a great commuter, (60+ miles a day) and even better for travels like our recent trip from upstate NY to Virgina Beach on ONE TANK and 51 MPG. After a trip like that, you begin to wonder why am I looking for a 2015 when this one is doing fine!