Neuspeed rear sway bar?

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Volkswagen Jetta tdi 2014
I’m looking to get a rear sway bar for my 2013 vw Passat, its on bags atm, the bags are pretty soft and if I run them pretty low on hard corner I rub holing a sway bar will help, I think I’ve pretty much narrowed it to the neuspeed 28mm or the 25, is the 28 overkill? Do I need anything else to go with it? Any recommendations?

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
28mm is not overkill. If you compare the H&R 24mm to the 28mm Neu….the Neu is hollow and the H&R is solid. I don't know what the H&R's torsional rating is compared to the Neu. But obviously, hollow vs solid can differ, it depends on O.D. and I.D (wall thickness) of the hollow vs the dia. of the solid....oh and of course material plays a part too. I think you will be happy with the 28mm. I run a 24mm H&R atm and still get a fair amount of body roll. I know these cars have soft springs so I do plan for Eibach spring it next...Eibach Pro-Kit (85105.140)….and if that doesn't "feel" right, I'll look inot either a 26mm H&R FSB or swap out the rear for the 28mm Neu bar.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
Yes, yes it is....last resort. It's my understanding FWD cars respond best to just tightening up the rear. The H&R 24mm RSB I installed definitely improved turn in but still has more body roll than I would like....