TDI
Passat TDI SE SIXER 12
any know of a good place to tint a VW in raleigh area

Last edited:

big_ole_truck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI SEL
Talk to owners of tinted cars where they've taken their cars. And ask if they recommend the shop to you. You maybe surprised by some of the answers.

As for the shop itself, every one I visited said the same thing....they're the best in town, their prices are the best, they have the best film, they're the best in their trade, etc etc. Use your judgement to select the shop. I look for clean (relative) shop, comfortable workplace (air conditioned, etc etc...it affects the workmanship you receive), single owner/operator business, warranty of product and labor (not all shops warranty labor), and selection of films.

ukspice69

TDI
Passat TDI SE SIXER 12
I called the Dealer and they had a guy whom does it out side the shop, quote 350.00 because of the rear deck, have to remove it 150.00 for just the 4 windows

Thirstyturtle328

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI
A-1 Tint Pros on Capital Boulevard did a FANTASTIC job on my 2006 G35S. Also did a great job on my 4Runner.

I've had 5 cars tinted at 4 different shops, that A-1 has been the best.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Unfortunately none of the tint shops around Raleigh have reviews on Yelp! :(

ukspice69

TDI
Passat TDI SE SIXER 12
Well Called A1 tinting they quoted me 280 carbon tint, they stated they have tinted Passat 2012 , or the order guy whom is associated with the dealer I know has done at least on passat i hope is 350.00

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Sounds a little on the steep side - you could probably get ceramic for that price.

Are you just doing the windows or are you also doing the sunroof and/or a strip on the windshield?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
any know of a good place to tint a VW in raleigh area
Spice, welcome aboard!

Before finalizing your decision, check out: http://www.formulaonetinting.com/ in N Raleigh. They do a ton of Audis and VWs. I had my car done this week by them and they do an outstanding job and are meticulous. They have MANY materials to pick from spanning the price grid. Ask for Andrea :)

TD Einspritzer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
In regards to the pricing: i just had mine done about 2 weeks ago and got the carbon nano tint done for $ 200.00 This was done by a very reputable shop. Rear deck does not have to removed.
Good luck.