Need TDI MEchanic near Twin Cities, MN

Docproteus

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 05 Jetta Sedan
I may be buying a used TDI in the twin cities area (55121) but I need to have soemone qualified do a checout for me. Does anyone know anyone in the area I can contact?

dave

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
I have been checking out used cars for people at my house in Maple Grove. You just take a test drive straight to my place and I will look it over then give you my list of problems I found.

Email me if interested. I am home all weekend even tonight except we may step out a bit.

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
I got an email from the guy after Harv refered him to me. Sounds like I will have to go to the owners house.

Docproteus

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 05 Jetta Sedan
Thanks so much for all the responses folks. I've been emailing Deafbug and it looks like he's going to help me if it works out.

dave

P.S. You guys rock, can't wait to become a dual TDI'er (one for em and one for the missus)

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
I inspected the car and it is a keeper. The only thing is the price. It has all original parts. So I think with a best offer. It would work down to just right as a number of parts would need to be replaced.

Needs timing belt
Needs intake cleaning
Needs shocks/struts
Needs rear brake pads
Needs brake fluid flush

What shocked me that I didn't like but I made no comment. The owner took his car to Tires Plus in Eagan for all the maintainence. My concern there was the threads on the oil pan for the drain plug and what oil was used.

Otherwise it is a fine car to own. Just a bit dirty inside as it is beige interior. Typical for usage like that.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
If you are looking for help with an issue you will have more luck posting a new thread in the appropriate forum for your car (after searching to make sure it isn't already answered). To get a useful answer MUCH more information will be needed in your post.

If you are looking for a local mechanic (this thread) greengeeker is the last local guru I know of still working on these. There are certainly shops that can work on them but I don't personally have experience with them.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
For someone in Hastings, then Eric Merker at Midwest Motorworks in Hudson is probably the closest TDI expert.