Need sun roof help

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
So I finally got a vcds and did some basic changes today. One of the items was the remote open close for the sunroof.

Of course I did not try the sunroof before I started and have not used it in months due to the winter.
When I went to try it it does nothing, not with remote or manual. I checked the fuse and it s good.
1. Is there a temperature lockout for it, it's been below zero here for several days.
2. Is it possible that I actually deactivated it in vcds?

I'm at a loss and because I didn't try it before the vcds work, I'm not sure if it was working:mad:

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
Did you make a scan before doing any changes?
What controller were you in? BCM or Elec II?
If not, if you look in the root directory of the Ross Tech program, generally on your C drive, look in C;\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug\codinglog.txt

It has a record of all changes made with controller address, what the coding was, what the coding was changed to, date and time to the millisecond.
You can just copy the original long coding and paste it into the lower window of the R-T window and 'do-it' to revert to the prior programming. You may need to do several controllers depending on what you did. Just look for the date on which you were last in there and go from there.

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
Excellent, I will take a look at the originals on the c drive and maybe start over.
Being a VCDS rookie...of course I did not scan first, I was too excited to use it after fighting with my virus software to get it working.:rolleyes:

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
So I tried it again before I left for work this morning and it worked normal, it was +25f in my garage.

When I got to work it was still 7 above and I tried the key fob and it worked also..... :laugh:

So I think there is a temperature cut off programmed into the roof. Will have to do some more digging.
Anyways at this time all is good, thanks for the replies, :beer: I now know where to look for the original codes and I will make a scan before I do any more stuff.