Need some help for a pretty young thing in Columbus, Ohio

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
Hello everyone,

A friend has had an accident in Columbus that from the sound of it is more cosmetic in nature than anything else but she needs someone local to Columbus who can take a look to see if she can drive her car back to Dayton or if she will need a tow.

Any white knights willing to lend a hand?

2002 NB.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Just got home from checking out her beetle.

She did a pretty good job of surgically removing her front bumper at about the middle of her car.

she has no more lower grill or foglights, her passenger headlight and turn signal are now held on with packing tape. the hood is a PITA to open, you have to push down just a touch for it to be able to open, and it doesn't latch completely closed.

car holds boost just fine, no coolant leaks. sounds like it may have a bad wheel bearing.

It will drive her just about anywhere, but it certainly wont look good doing it. both headlights do work still so thats a plus.

Good luck with it tomorrow, I think its coming your way O R.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Way to go Aaron! Tdiclub rescue service strikes again!:cool::cool::cool:

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Way to go Aaron! Tdiclub rescue service strikes again!:cool::cool::cool:
I second that! Aaron went out of his way to help out my friend late on a cold Saturday night. Way to go Aaron! She was practically gushing about how nice he was! :D

Definitely a trusted TDI Guru and all around nice guy! A+++ :)

Keebler145

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MKIV 2000, 2003, and MKV 2006 PD DSG
surgically removed the front bumper off the beetle without destroying the fenders?? sounds like an A+ doctor to me!

Gotta tell ya Aaron has two thumbs up in my book.

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
surgically removed the front bumper off the beetle without destroying the fenders?? sounds like an A+ doctor to me!

Gotta tell ya Aaron has two thumbs up in my book.
Tell you the truth I am not quite sue how she did it. :p

MoGolf tells me that the frt bumper skin is made to break away but I have never seen one where it didn't rip the frt fenders at the same time. :confused:

If anyone has a frt nose panel they would like to unload cheap let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited: